Current DVM; Career change veterinary anatomic pathology or veterinary preventative medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RZASRJ

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently I am a practicing large animal vet for four years and I am looking for a career change. My desire is to work with the state diagnostics laboratories, being on the front line of detecting disease or academia (I really enjoy teaching)! I am considering an anatomic pathology residencies and veterinary preventative health/MPH residencies. I do not have any specific experience (other than LA practice), and I am not sure where to start to make myself an attractive applicant. Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!