Current/future coursework from community college help!

Started by teacakes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teacakes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Errrrrrrr, okay, I did this on my AMCAS, and I'm just waiting on them to respond, and I'm getting kind of worried.

I'm in my last semester, but I'm taking a 6-week online course at a separate college (community college) just because I didn't have time to take it at my main university. This is a college that I have JUST registered for, this semester, so there are no previous courses. My transcript would be blank.

On my "Institutions" section, I went ahead and named my community college, even though I would basically put Sept. 2011 - Oct. 2011 for start and end dates, and then put that I didn't anticipate a degree because, well, I am just taking the course to fulfill a core (AHST credit) at my main uni.

Then, I just put in my information in coursework, and designated that it was Future/Current. However, what scares me is that they would probably expect some form of a transcript since I listed it as an institution, but I don't have one (yet). I think I could only put courses in of the schools I placed as my "institution"...should I put in a Transcript Exception Request? Should I just get the community college to send in a blank transcript, because at least it'll show that I am registered for the course? Luckily, my schools deadlines haven't creeped up on me yet, so I still have time...

Confused and panicking a bit. Help!
 
Errrrrrrr, okay, I did this on my AMCAS, and I'm just waiting on them to respond, and I'm getting kind of worried.

I'm in my last semester, but I'm taking a 6-week online course at a separate college (community college) just because I didn't have time to take it at my main university. This is a college that I have JUST registered for, this semester, so there are no previous courses. My transcript would be blank.

On my "Institutions" section, I went ahead and named my community college, even though I would basically put Sept. 2011 - Oct. 2011 for start and end dates, and then put that I didn't anticipate a degree because, well, I am just taking the course to fulfill a core (AHST credit) at my main uni.

Then, I just put in my information in coursework, and designated that it was Future/Current. However, what scares me is that they would probably expect some form of a transcript since I listed it as an institution, but I don't have one (yet). I think I could only put courses in of the schools I placed as my "institution"...should I put in a Transcript Exception Request? Should I just get the community college to send in a blank transcript, because at least it'll show that I am registered for the course? Luckily, my schools deadlines haven't creeped up on me yet, so I still have time...

Confused and panicking a bit. Help!

You would need to send in the final transcript when the class is finished. It is fine to put future coursework in the AMCAS. Yes, community colleges do have a transcript service. If there is no classes currently on your transcript... well I suppose you wouldn't need to send one in to AMCAS, but if your CC could print out a blank transcript, that would also suffice if you are paranoid.

You need to put in courses from all postsecondary institutions that you attended for which you received / will receive a grade. You are expected to send final transcripts from all of them.

I would not panick unless you foresee yourself not finishing the course.
 
You would need to send in the final transcript when the class is finished. It is fine to put future coursework in the AMCAS. Yes, community colleges do have a transcript service. If there is no classes currently on your transcript... well I suppose you wouldn't need to send one in to AMCAS, but if your CC could print out a blank transcript, that would also suffice if you are paranoid.

You need to put in courses from all postsecondary institutions that you attended for which you received / will receive a grade. You are expected to send final transcripts from all of them.

I would not panick unless you foresee yourself not finishing the course.
well said. 👍