Current MD students: when did you receive the II for the school that you matriculated at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Current MD students: when did you receive the II for the school that you matriculated at?

• June - December

Votes: 47 85.5%
  • January - May

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

chilis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current MD students: when did you receive the interview invitation for the school that you matriculated at? Before New Year's Day or after? If you remember and are comfortable sharing, please post the date you recieved the II and the name of the school.

I'm curious as I am a current applicant and the new year is almost here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont see how this information will help you?? Can you share why you would like to know this ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Prepare for re-app if you don't have II. II at this stage can turn into wait-list -> acceptance if you're a rock star. A lot of spots are filled by now.

I think you should have done it month by month rather than just 2 categories. But ok.

I'm not a current med student, but FWIW I submitted a primary to a T25 school on the very last day, got an II in mid-January, and got accepted. So it's very uncommon but not impossible to have things break strongly in your favor after New Years.

That said, I agree with @theonlytycrane: prepare to reapply. (Hopefully you won't have to.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get any of my current MD IIs until December.

My first interview happened in October (II in September).
My last interview happened in March (II in February).
Got into both schools on the same day.
It is pretty random. Just chill.

Reactions: 2 users
A better way to phrase the poll would be “how many IIs leading to acceptances did you get after New Years?”

The way it is now will give a heavy pre New Years bias.

Thank you everyone for your responses!

I got 6 II before new years and 6 II after. They definitely keep coming out... Some schools interview season end early and others will run that **** all the way through March. Hell, I think I got two II mid march... I actually had a school call me and ask if they gave me an II would I come. Definitely was one of the last interviews they gave out hahah but I declined because at that point I was already interviewed out. Should have got me sooner if they really wanted me ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Current MD students: when did you receive the interview invitation for the school that you matriculated at? Before New Year's Day or after? If you remember and are comfortable sharing, please post the date you recieved the II and the name of the school.

I'm curious as I am a current applicant and the new year is almost here.
I got my first invite in August for an early September interview...however, for the one I matriculated at, invite and interview both in January.

I went in January for this interview. I assumed I was interviewing for a spot on the wait list. I got my spot two weeks before school started. I had my first acceptance in October, but bounced through multiple waitlists to get here.