Current Pharm Students: What should I study/review this summer before matriculation in the fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What did you do in the months before Pharmacy school started?

• Travel

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Spending time with friends and family

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Internship / Working / Volunteering

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Finishing pre-requisites / Studying

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Nothing! :D

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Everything! :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soffee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just finished Spring classes and am now completely free for the summer. I know some of you will suggest simply relaxing or spending time with family before Pharmacy school starts, but I think I'll have time for a little bit of everything. :)

So, current pharm students, what do you suggest I study/review this summer before my matriculation in the fall? Or, now that you are currently in Pharmacy school and can reflect on your performance so far, what did you wish you brushed up on beforehand?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Most people will tell you to relax. I say differently. You have the next four years to define the rest of your professional life. You can either spend your time off doing nothing for it. Or you can spend it trying to build yourself an advantage over others... since you know the overwhelming majority will relax.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with DrDrugs2012, though I'd specifically recommend taking the time to look up intern/tech licensing requirements in your state and to look for jobs. It can be a pain to look for tech/intern jobs while you're in school, and oftentimes the BOPs are slow to issue licenses. My recommendation is to put in effort to look for a good intern job.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Def. If your not working the summer is the best time to find a job in a pharmacy and learn drugs,filling and etc.

If you are already working and have time then just keep remembering dosage and identify the top drugs.

The first year of professional phase is the easiest but the 4th year is hard. I know a lot of people who disliked the fourth year

As others have said, I vouch for finding an intern position ASAP. Working while you're in school (provided you can keep your grades up) is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself.

As others have said, I vouch for finding an intern position ASAP. Working while you're in school (provided you can keep your grades up) is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself.
I just got the required book form for USF and was wondering if you suggested to read these books before the start of school. Also wondering if you had any suggestions on where to buy the books, what is the cheapest way?