Current residents and recently interviewed MS4s, please help update for future applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketamineee

Reaction score
I'm applying to ERAS this year and would love to see more recent data on SDN's match site Anesthesiology - MatchApplicants.com (I found the med student version extremely helpful when I applied a few years ago). It'd be helpful for future applicants to see what sort of applicant profiles certain programs tend to invite to interview and how regional preferences are taken into account. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Soon to be intern.

I found reviewing old google docs was far more helpful than any thread would be. I’m neurotic enough to admit I read basically everything in the last 5 years. Don’t think it ultimately changed my residency choice, but it’s a wealth of information.

Honestly my advice would be apply to everywhere, then see how many/where you get interviews, and learn about those. I ended up stopping after 12 interviews and cut out the ones that didn’t interest me. Applying more broadly than you think is a small cost now, and being able to turn down an interview makes you feel like a boss, for whatever that’s worth.

Soon to be intern.

I found reviewing old google docs was far more helpful than any thread would be. I’m neurotic enough to admit I read basically everything in the last 5 years. Don’t think it ultimately changed my residency choice, but it’s a wealth of information.

Honestly my advice would be apply to everywhere, then see how many/where you get interviews, and learn about those. I ended up stopping after 12 interviews and cut out the ones that didn’t interest me. Applying more broadly than you think is a small cost now, and being able to turn down an interview makes you feel like a boss, for whatever that’s worth.

Thanks so much TheNolano, this is great advice! :)