Current RN planning to enroll in a post bac program, with a UG BSN GPA 3.55, any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sammie364

Reaction score
Current RN planning to enroll in a post bac program, with a UG BSN GPA 3.55, any advice, I got accepted into UVM post bacc with guaranteed interview as long as I maintain 3.5 GPA and 509 MCAT, but its really expensive, there is also the university of Colorado boulder that's 10k less, with no linkage agreement. I was looking into St Georges university as well. Any advice? Should I stay in the US for premed and try my luck getting into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your overall uGPA and sGPA? I'm an RN who is having a successful cycle with a similar GPA, and I didn't do a formal post-bacc.

You don't need a formal post bacc. Just take the prereqs while working PT or FT. It will be a lot cheaper. I was an RN and I did that and I had no issues getting accepted to med school. I even took some of my prereqs (general chem 1/2, physics 1/2) at a community college.

I agree! You don't need a post bacc. Don't waste your hard earned money. You'll need it during the application cycle. Take your prereqs and try to aim for as many As as you can. That's very important. Your experiences will pay off well. Good luck.