Current Scripps Post-Bacc student willing to answer any questions about my post-bacc application process!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PostBaccAssistance

Reaction score
Going through the post-bacc application process was difficult, so if you have any questions please directly message me! I can shed some light on my experience, resume/application, interviews, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a low GPA 3.11 in Psychology, received all A grades in Psychology courses, not my other courses though. Do I still have a chance at getting into a good career changer post-bacc program?

I have a low GPA 3.11 in Psychology, received all A grades in Psychology courses, not my other courses though. Do I still have a chance at getting into a good career changer post-bacc program?
Hi! I haven’t particularly heard of anyone in my program with an undergraduate GPA lower than ~3.4, but because the program is collaborative, it’s not something many people openly discuss; therefore I don’t believe this is a completely accurate picture of the GPAs of students in my class. However, I will say at least at Scripps, the profile review of candidates seems to be a very wholistic process - it’s based on your ability to explain and prove why you’re a good candidate for medical school. I recommend that, if you do have deficits in any STEM undergraduate classes, think about retaking 1 or 2 and get an A to prove you’re mature enough to now handle the heavy pre-med load. Otherwise if this isn’t possible for you, think about other ways to best show and explain how you’ve grown and that you will excel at their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of your classmates opted not to finish the program during your year? What were reasons?

Going through the post-bacc application process was difficult, so if you have any questions please directly message me! I can shed some light on my experience, resume/application, interviews, etc.
I am completing the application now and am curious about how they want the supplemental questions answered. Do they want them short and concise or are they looking for us to answer them like we would a secondary on a med school application? The questions I'm talking about are "What will be your greatest challenge in becoming a physician..." "Describe your coping skills..." etc. We have 2500 characters (including spaces) to answer and I am only filling in about 1200 with a more concise answer.

Thank you in advance!

J.H.

Reactions: 1 user