Currently a sophomore, trying to see if class counts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medicalschoolhopeful

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my undergraduate college, I've registered to take BMD 310, or Clinical Anatomy and Histology. I am a Biomedical Sciences major, and this is part of the classes that we are required to take. Would this be more impactful than a regular Anatomy and Physiology class, or would you recommend that I take A&P instead?
 
At my undergraduate college, I've registered to take BMD 310, or Clinical Anatomy and Histology. I am a Biomedical Sciences major, and this is part of the classes that we are required to take. Would this be more impactful than a regular Anatomy and Physiology class, or would you recommend that I take A&P instead?
It would be more impactful to take a dedicated Anatomy (only), Histology (only), or Physiology (only) class through the Bio department, so that the course isn't diluted by covering another subject. Since that's not an option for you, then either of the blended courses you mention will be fine. The one with the higher course number would have the greater "impact." If you have a chance to take a dedicated Physiology class after BMD 310, that would be a good option, as there'd be some benefit for the MCAT, as well as take some of the study load off in the first year of med school.