Curriculum comparison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, there is (what I think is) an interesting thread on the pre-allopathic forum where they are trying to summarize differences in the curriculum at different schools. I think it would be interesting to build one for the ostepathic schools as a quick reference. Please contribute!

Their original proposal ran as follows

'm wondering if I can develop a thread listing a bunch of schools and their "degree of PBL" (as opposed to lecture)as well as their grading system. For "degree of PBL", let's say 5
is most PBL (Harvard I think? Cornell maybe?), 1 completely lectures (WashU, perhaps Columbia?) (I know this is very opinion based, but let's give it a shot). And grading systems
vary, but I'm interested in ABC grade vs. HP/P/F vs. P/F, etc. and whether it changes through the years. Current med students could also be helpful in developing this list. I don't
know much, but I'll list a few that I'm interested in and ya'll can (please) rank their PBLness and give insight about grading:

So here is a start

Touro: 2 years traditional; A-F grading system ;no early clinical exposure
CCOM: 2 years traditional; don't know grading scheme or clinical exposure
PCOM: trad+PBL; don't know grading scheme; has early clinical exposure

Just add what you know to the list :)

thanks

onwis

Members don't see this ad.

UMDNJ-SOM: 2 years traditional + PBL, early clinical exposure

NYCOM: 2 year block system. Second year clinacal courses are vertically integrated with Pharmacology and Pathology and OMM where possible. H/P/P*/F. P*= pass with a cunulative exam (re-take) in the subject. No formal early clinical exposure. Opportunites exist to observe at the school clinic and St. Barnabus Hospital.