Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Curriculum comparison

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by tBw, Jan 17, 2002.

1. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

Well, there is (what I think is) an interesting thread on the pre-allopathic forum where they are trying to summarize differences in the curriculum at different schools. I think it would be interesting to build one for the ostepathic schools as a quick reference. Please contribute!

Their original proposal ran as follows

'm wondering if I can develop a thread listing a bunch of schools and their "degree of PBL" (as opposed to lecture)as well as their grading system. For "degree of PBL", let's say 5
    is most PBL (Harvard I think? Cornell maybe?), 1 completely lectures (WashU, perhaps Columbia?) (I know this is very opinion based, but let's give it a shot). And grading systems
    vary, but I'm interested in ABC grade vs. HP/P/F vs. P/F, etc. and whether it changes through the years. Current med students could also be helpful in developing this list. I don't
    know much, but I'll list a few that I'm interested in and ya'll can (please) rank their PBLness and give insight about grading:

So here is a start

Touro: 2 years traditional; A-F grading system ;no early clinical exposure
    CCOM: 2 years traditional; don't know grading scheme or clinical exposure
    PCOM: trad+PBL; don't know grading scheme; has early clinical exposure

Just add what you know to the list :)

thanks

onwis

2. Crazed

Crazed Member
    10+ Year Member

UMDNJ-SOM: 2 years traditional + PBL, early clinical exposure

3. NYCOMScrubs

NYCOMScrubs Member
    10+ Year Member

NYCOM: 2 year block system. Second year clinacal courses are vertically integrated with Pharmacology and Pathology and OMM where possible. H/P/P*/F. P*= pass with a cunulative exam (re-take) in the subject. No formal early clinical exposure. Opportunites exist to observe at the school clinic and St. Barnabus Hospital.

4. NYCOMScrubs

NYCOMScrubs Member
    10+ Year Member