1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Curriculum comparison

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by tBw, Jan 17, 2002.

1. tBw

tBw totally deluded
    7+ Year Member

Well, there is (what I think is) an interesting thread on the pre-allopathic forum where they are trying to summarize differences in the curriculum at different schools. I think it would be interesting to build one for the ostepathic schools as a quick reference. Please contribute!

Their original proposal ran as follows

'm wondering if I can develop a thread listing a bunch of schools and their "degree of PBL" (as opposed to lecture)as well as their grading system. For "degree of PBL", let's say 5
    is most PBL (Harvard I think? Cornell maybe?), 1 completely lectures (WashU, perhaps Columbia?) (I know this is very opinion based, but let's give it a shot). And grading systems
    vary, but I'm interested in ABC grade vs. HP/P/F vs. P/F, etc. and whether it changes through the years. Current med students could also be helpful in developing this list. I don't
    know much, but I'll list a few that I'm interested in and ya'll can (please) rank their PBLness and give insight about grading:

So here is a start

Touro: 2 years traditional; A-F grading system ;no early clinical exposure
    CCOM: 2 years traditional; don't know grading scheme or clinical exposure
    PCOM: trad+PBL; don't know grading scheme; has early clinical exposure

Just add what you know to the list :)

thanks

onwis

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Crazed

Crazed Member
    10+ Year Member

UMDNJ-SOM: 2 years traditional + PBL, early clinical exposure

4. NYCOMScrubs

NYCOMScrubs Member
    10+ Year Member

NYCOM: 2 year block system. Second year clinacal courses are vertically integrated with Pharmacology and Pathology and OMM where possible. H/P/P*/F. P*= pass with a cunulative exam (re-take) in the subject. No formal early clinical exposure. Opportunites exist to observe at the school clinic and St. Barnabus Hospital.

5. NYCOMScrubs

NYCOMScrubs Member
    10+ Year Member