OMM Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oorham

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What constitutes a good OMM curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

One that has good board scores in OMM for starters. A good OMM program should have crossover with H and P course and have a good amount of crossover with Ortho and PM&R., aka musculoskeletal exam, gait, home exercise prescription, etc.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One that requires the least amount of effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
What constitutes a good OMM curriculum?

The best OMM curriculum is one that doesn't exist, as one would find at an MD school. The second best OMM curriculum is one that takes up as little of your time and requires as little of your effort as possible.

Reactions: 2 users
Trick question: there’s no such thing.

side note: my school never had us learn stupid garbage like how many women were in the first class, flinging the banner, AT Stills b-day, etc. But it was still really freaking stupid.

Trick question: there’s no such thing.

side note: my school never had us learn stupid garbage like how many women were in the first class, flinging the banner, AT Stills b-day, etc. But it was still really freaking stupid.

How can one know how to fling to the wind the banner of osteopathy if one does not know the day it was first flung?

How can one know how to fling to the wind the banner of osteopathy if one does not know the day it was first flung?
you first have to start for when AT Stills Was born... Then When he cured His OWN Headache with just a rope.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait a minute.

They teach it that way at your school too?

I seriously thought that was just our faculty being pretentious.

Lol my schools lectures basically said this. Our OMM faculty were awesome in the fact they were not the cult of still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
As little as possible. I’m serious. My school spends more time on OMM than just about any other school and it’s a giant time sink that could be better spent on pretty much anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk