curriculum vitae

Started by daisygirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daisygirl

woof
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone-

An attending that I had worked with during third year asked me for my CV in order to write my letter of recommendation. As I don't have a CV yet, I was hoping that someone on this site could recommend websites that they found useful when writing their CV.

Writing a CV has me pretty nervous especially since I didn't do anything other than studying for med school the past couple of years 😳
 
daisygirl said:
Hi everyone-

An attending that I had worked with during third year asked me for my CV in order to write my letter of recommendation. As I don't have a CV yet, I was hoping that someone on this site could recommend websites that they found useful when writing their CV.

Writing a CV has me pretty nervous especially since I didn't do anything other than studying for med school the past couple of years 😳

When ERAS opens, you will input your activities, honors, publications, etc into that system. There's an option to view and print this info in CV format. It doesnt look as professional or organized as one that you do yourself (cant indent, bullet, etc), but it's simple to do.

It's also helpful to supply your letter writers with a copy of your personal statement and transcripts/test scores.

Good luck.
 
First Aid for the Match has some good examples of sample CVs. Your CV will vary in structure and length depending on your strengths. You don't need to buy the book but just go to the bookstore, check out the sample CVs, and jot down some nizzotes!