"Cush" Prelim Med and Transitional Years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thundercat79

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The programs themselves don't advertise this. I don't want a ****ty program, just don't want to take call for 12 months. I know of Roanoke, VA... but that's it.
 
um dude, do some research.

print out the list of TY's and then go to the website and see what the program is described as. The number of elective months usually correlates with cushiness.

I know of some in the PA area: Einstein, Mercy Pittsburgh, West Penn, Lehigh Valley, Crozer-Chester, St. Banabas (NJ), Morristown/Atlantic Health System.
 
Thanks for the list of programs, chief. I know the number of elective months usually reflects cushiness, but it's not that straightforward. Our medicine prelim year has 6 months of elective time, but the residents are worked quite hard regardless. Definitely not cush. Anyone else heard of some chill programs? Much appreciated-
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Atlantic Health, NJ
Christiana Care, DE
Eistein, PA
NYH, Queens

All good programs for what you seek.
 
Anyone know of some "cush" or decent preliminary years in South Florida (Ft Lauderdale, West Palm Bch or Miami)?
 
Ball Memorial in Indiana
Spartanburg in South Carolina
Roanoke in Virginia

thundercat79 said:
The programs themselves don't advertise this. I don't want a ****ty program, just don't want to take call for 12 months. I know of Roanoke, VA... but that's it.
 
musicman1991 said:
I know of some in the PA area: Einstein, Mercy Pittsburgh, West Penn, Lehigh Valley, Crozer-Chester, St. Banabas (NJ), Morristown/Atlantic Health System.

Does cushness usually go with being more competitive too? There are only so many (residencies or transitional years) in Pittsburgh, but I would really like to go back there with my family.
 
The LORD of CUSH internships: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. If it were anymore cush, it would be retirement. 😀

I didnt do it, but its legendary in California.
 
LADoc00 said:
The LORD of CUSH internships: Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. If it were anymore cush, it would be retirement. 😀

I didnt do it, but its legendary in California.

having done a rotation there as a med student, i'd have to agree.