CUSM MBS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone looking for housing? Recommendations?
Also, does anyone know if there is a Facebook group made?
I likely will be staying in my hometown, the commute is not too terrible.

We should definitely start a facebook page!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm personally not Facebook savvy.
If anyone would like to start the group, I'd be glad to join!

Does anyone know any details about the guaranteed interview? Once the requirements are met?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the waitlist!! Hoping and fingers crossed for the good news soon....

Reactions: 2 users
I was recently accepted into the program and planning to attend this Fall; I have not taken the MCAT yet. Does anybody know if they offer a guaranteed interview/matriculation for students who take the MCAT directly after completing the MBS course? Or, will I have to wait another year (after completion) to apply to their MD program? Thanks!

I was recently accepted into the program and planning to attend this Fall; I have not taken the MCAT yet. Does anybody know if they offer a guaranteed interview/matriculation for students who take the MCAT directly after completing the MBS course? Or, will I have to wait another year (after completion) to apply to their MD program? Thanks!
Congratulations.
According to the email I received,you are guaranteed an interview only if you meet the 504 minimum MCAT and 3.2 minimim GPA. You can only use this option once.

Reactions: 1 user
If you’re planning on completing the program this year then you would be applying to medical school in 2022 to matriculate in 2023. That means that you will take your MCAT next year, which is what is advised by the Masters program. If you decide that you want to do the program concurrently while you’re applying to medical school that means you will take the MCAT before the end of this summer to submit your applications with a score and you would be completing the Masters program during your medical school app cycle. I know it’s a bit confusing

If you’re planning on completing the program this year then you would be applying to medical school in 2022 to matriculate in 2023. That means that you will take your MCAT next year, which is what is advised by the Masters program. If you decide that you want to do the program concurrently while you’re applying to medical school that means you will take the MCAT before the end of this summer to submit your applications with a score and you would be completing the Masters program during your medical school app cycle. I know it’s a bit confusing
Just as a sidenote, I spoke to the program director a couple of weeks ago and although it is a guaranteed interview with a 504 MCAT she did stress that, historically, students that’s matriculate to their school score +510. She also said that students that put in the work with MCAT prep and do well academically in the MBS tend to trend around that MCAT score. Take this with a grain of salt, I thought it was very helpful and it made me feel really good about the program to know that the staff and advisers are all for setting you up on a good path.

• Care
I just got accepted into the program! But am also wondering if it will be online or in person, because I will need to find housing soon.

Hello, does anybody want to join a group chat for accepted 2021 MBS students?

Hey everybody I recently got an acceptance into the MBS program for 2021 *woot woot*!!!
Are y'all interested in connecting via groupme by having a group chat dedicated to our class? :D

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everybody I recently got an acceptance into the MBS program for 2021 *woot woot*!!!
Are y'all interested in connecting via groupme by having a group chat dedicated to our class? :D
hi yess that would be great, drop the link! And congrats :)

Does anyone know when the deadline is to accept the offer for the school and when the deadline is to submit the required documents? Cause I am waiting to hear back from other schools, but so far I think CUSM will still remain as my #1 choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am definitely down for this as well!

Hey guys, I created the groupme! Join it if you have been accepted!

You're invited to my new group 'MBS Class of 2022' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hey guys, I attended the online meet-and-greet/orientation today, but the med school acceptance rates didn't seem as good as I had hoped for? Are the numbers inaccurate due to students not reporting? What do you think?

Additionally, does anybody know if COVID-19 vaccinations will be required?

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.21.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, I attended the online meet-and-greet/orientation today, but the med school acceptance rates didn't seem as good as I had hoped for? Are the numbers inaccurate due to students not reporting? What do you think?

Additionally, does anybody know if COVID-19 vaccinations will be required?

View attachment 338598
I think the 3rd class is still applying to med schools the following year. The percentages might go up. I think the averages are pretty good. Med-school is still hard to get into. Ofc not impossible!

From what I remember I think vaccines are required. But not 100% sure

Hey guys, congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I'm from TX and also got accepted into the program yesterday. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea about the class timings?

I am currently working as a full-time virtual scribe and was planning to change to part-time during masters, won't be able to afford without any job :( I also received an acceptance letter from USF MSMS but starting that program won't let me continue my work as all are fixed afternoon classes. If CUSM MBS has flexibility in choosing classes, I feel it may be a better option for me and wanted to find out. Thanks!

Hey guys, congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I'm from TX and also got accepted into the program yesterday. I would like to ask if anyone has any idea about the class timings?

I am currently working as a full-time virtual scribe and was planning to change to part-time during masters, won't be able to afford without any job :( I also received an acceptance letter from USF MSMS but starting that program won't let me continue my work as all are fixed afternoon classes. If CUSM MBS has flexibility in choosing classes, I feel it may be a better option for me and wanted to find out. Thanks!
The tentative class schedule is 9am-12pm Monday- Thursday, and Friday from 9-11am. We also have to watch some class videos before our class times.

• Care

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I was wondering how long the time was in between your application was marked complete to the date of your acceptance? I submitted my application 3 weeks ago and still haven’t heard back from them. I also don’t know if 3 weeks is too early for me to call them to inquire about my application status 😅 Thank you so much!

Does this program require official transcripts from all colleges attended or just the one that you earned your undergrad degree? In one section, I see that they only require an official one from the undergrad institution and unofficial ones from all other institutions. In another section, I see a requirement of official transcripts from all institutions.
Which is true? Are all official transcripts required once admission is granted?
Thank you

Thank you! I submitted my application on May 31st, got confirmation that everything was received on June 3rd and got acceptance email on June 10th. I think it's okay to call them to inquire about your application, they won't think it's too early. I'm sure though you'll soon hear back and wishing you all the best 😊
Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I was wondering how long the time was in between your application was marked complete to the date of your acceptance? I submitted my application 3 weeks ago and still haven’t heard back from them. I also don’t know if 3 weeks is too early for me to call them to inquire about my application status 😅 Thank you so much!

Has anybody submitted their background check, drug testing, or immunization compliance yet? If so, what company did you go through?

I hope you all are doing well. I am considering applying so I wanted to ask:
How is the program? Classes? Resources?
Is there financial aid? Did you take out loans?
How is the linkage? Did you all get into the med school?
Anyone apply to other medical schools during the regular cycle and do this program? How was your experience?