CUSOM vs LUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slp2356

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to decide between CUSOM and LUCOM. I’m leaning more towards LUCOM, but I just want to make sure I make the right decision. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

CUSOM: great match list this year; have been establishing thier own residency programs.

LUCOM: I have a profound distaste for the politics of their parent organization; their Faculty make blatant attempts to twist facts to match their theology.

From the wise gyngyn: Liberty is poorly regarded due to the history of intolerance of their founding fathers. This school's reputation for intolerance puts its grads at a disadvantage at many reputable residency programs.

CUSOM seems like the obvious choice. They've graduated a couple classes already, they have a strong retention rate (i.e. low attrition), and they seem pretty good at building and affiliating with GME. I don't think you can really say the same about Liberty even if you ignore all the baggage.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am basically going to echo what the approve comments say; CUSOM seems like the better program with great match lists, and establishing their own residency spots. LUCOM has only graduated 2 classes so far