ICOM vs LUCOM

Started by only1x100
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LUCOM or ICOM

  • LUCOM

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • ICOM

    Votes: 2 40.0%

  • Total voters
    5

only1x100

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ICOM

Pros
- Location, communities, and activities around meridian/boise
- Secular, progressive, rural medicine focus
- Stronger west coast ties

Cons
- Price- tuition and COL
- For-profit status
- Large class size


LUCOM

Pros
- All people I met were lovely, students were passionate about the school, really enjoyed my interview
- Appeared more established with more robust enrichment opportunities
- COA

Cons
- the larger institution's advocacy of far-right conservative politics is a major con
- Location


I ultimately want to end up on the PNW/CA after graduation, and obviously trying to minimize debt. ICOM feels pretty unknown to me as I have only experienced it virtually. Friends are telling me I'd do better overall at ICOM, family is telling me LUCOM is the more responsible choice