"Customizing" AAMC CBT tests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marcus Brody

Already has the grail.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the deal with this? What is most representative of the real exam, "Moderate" difficulty or "all" or..."difficult?" :eek:

What about sequential question order, I thought the difficulty of the MCAT questions was randomly distributed?

Members don't see this ad.

What's the deal with this? What is most representative of the real exam, "Moderate" difficulty or "all" or..."difficult?" :eek:

What about sequential question order, I thought the difficulty of the MCAT questions was randomly distributed?

just leave it on default if you want a full mcat simulation! the mcat has easy, medium and hard questions. :scared:

as far as i've seen from all the practice tests ive done, yes the order is pretty random. the sequential order may be a personal preference if someone is just trying something out for practice. i wouldn't find that valuable though.

I believe the 'sequential' options puts the passages in order (i.e. if you choose 'random' you'll get passage IV, I, III, V, etc. instead of I, II, III), at least that's they way it's been for me.

At the end of the exam you can choose to review questions based on their classification as easy, moderate, or hard by section, and you'll see that they're spread through out all of the passages, as opposed to segregated.