Cut of cosmetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was interviewing for jobs a couple of years back I learned that several hospitals/clinics reimbursed the docs a certain percentage of what was billed for cosmetic procedures (i.e. if you did $300 of botox you keep x percent). It seemed that 40% was a standard number. Just curious what some of the cosmetic reimbursements are like for the rest of you, as I am talking with my MSG about this topic.

Members don't see this ad.

When I was interviewing for jobs a couple of years back I learned that several hospitals/clinics reimbursed the docs a certain percentage of what was billed for cosmetic procedures (i.e. if you did $300 of botox you keep x percent). It seemed that 40% was a standard number. Just curious what some of the cosmetic reimbursements are like for the rest of you, as I am talking with my MSG about this topic.

It depends on a couple of factors.

Is that 40% of the sale or 40% of the net (after subtracting the cost of the Botox)?

40% of the sale is outstanding as I remember being offered numbers in the teens to 20s

40% of the net is pretty standard

Reactions: 1 user
Is this if you are working at the hospital itself? Is the money going to you or is it going to the medical group as a whole? Some hospitals allow for 50-60% collection of the sale to go to the group but that is not going to the individual but for the dermatology clinic as a whole (which is part of the hospital). I know, that's pretty generous.