Cut of cosmetics

Started by Hoser
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hoser

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was interviewing for jobs a couple of years back I learned that several hospitals/clinics reimbursed the docs a certain percentage of what was billed for cosmetic procedures (i.e. if you did $300 of botox you keep x percent). It seemed that 40% was a standard number. Just curious what some of the cosmetic reimbursements are like for the rest of you, as I am talking with my MSG about this topic.
 
When I was interviewing for jobs a couple of years back I learned that several hospitals/clinics reimbursed the docs a certain percentage of what was billed for cosmetic procedures (i.e. if you did $300 of botox you keep x percent). It seemed that 40% was a standard number. Just curious what some of the cosmetic reimbursements are like for the rest of you, as I am talking with my MSG about this topic.

It depends on a couple of factors.

Is that 40% of the sale or 40% of the net (after subtracting the cost of the Botox)?

40% of the sale is outstanding as I remember being offered numbers in the teens to 20s

40% of the net is pretty standard
 
Is this if you are working at the hospital itself? Is the money going to you or is it going to the medical group as a whole? Some hospitals allow for 50-60% collection of the sale to go to the group but that is not going to the individual but for the dermatology clinic as a whole (which is part of the hospital). I know, that's pretty generous.