CV Question: ERAS-generated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DEdm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When a program's website lists "CV" as part of the required documents, is this requirement fulfilled by the CV that is generated by ERAS, or do they expect us to upload a custom CV as a document and assign it to the programs?

Some programs explicitly say "ERAS-generated" where others have ERAS application and CV as different requirements.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought so too but at my interview today they stated they were missing my CV. I guess they want my own personal CV which I prefer to the automatically generated one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where can we even upload our own CVs? I thought we could only generate it using ERAS.

I thought so too but at my interview today they stated they were missing my CV. I guess they want my own personal CV which I prefer to the automatically generated one.

I'm not really sure how a personal CV would be significantly different from the ERAS one... If anyone asks me I'm going to hand them the ERAS generated one.

You can't upload your own. I guess they wanted me to send it prior. It's not much different, just looks better. I think most places just look at ERAS. It was an osteopathic program so they tend to do things differently just for the hell of it.

I know that it is neurotic, but I became a little worried when I looked at the requirements of the programs that I haven't heard from that have started offering interviews and all of them have a separate requirement for a CV. After rechecking the websites of the places where I have already received interviews, either none of them mention a CV or they say CV as generated by ERAS. I hope that this would not be something that could limit an interview offer and my hunch is that it wouldn't be. Anyone have any direct experience or answer to this question?