CV questions (for PGY-2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dextroam11

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For PGY-2 residency application, do you still include descriptions of your APPE rotations, leadership, teaching, IPPE experiences, etc?
Or do you just include descriptions for your PGY-1 rotations and just get rid of all the descriptions for the remainder of your CV?
please help!
 
See some of these resources:


Short answer is take all those extra descriptions out if you can. Most of that should have already been removed for a PGY-1 CV (multiple bullets for leadership, IPPEs etc. get daunting). Descriptions for PGY-1 rotations is debatable but I see most people remove them soon after PGY-1.
 
See some of these resources:


Short answer is take all those extra descriptions out if you can. Most of that should have already been removed for a PGY-1 CV (multiple bullets for leadership, IPPEs etc. get daunting). Descriptions for PGY-1 rotations is debatable but I see most people remove them soon after PGY-1.
Thanks! I took out all descriptions for my teaching, leadership, appe, ippe, etc.

I only kept descriptions for my pgy1 rotations. So you are saying I should keep them for now since I am applying for pgy2 position during my pgy1 year?
I will only have 4 pgy1 rotation descriptions by December.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I took out all descriptions for my teaching, leadership, appe, ippe, etc.

I only kept descriptions for my pgy1 rotations. So you are saying I should keep them for now since I am applying for pgy2 position during my pgy1 year?
I will only have 4 pgy1 rotation descriptions by December.

No problem. I hear mixed things about the PGY-1 rotation descriptions. I was told to keep them for applying to a first job so they could see some of the duties, but as you can see the ACCP example leaves them out. I think I would be inclined to leave them out for applying to PGY-2 and just let them ask you about the rotations during interviews.
 
Once you’re a pgy1 I don’t think you need rotation descriptions. You can talk about your fav rotations at PPS. I actually like to see p4 rotations listed (without descriptions) when I’m assessing PGY2 candidates. Some of you did some cool stuff as students!

As a p4 looking at PGY1s, sure - keep the descriptions.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile