CV questions (for PGY-2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dextroam11

Reaction score
For PGY-2 residency application, do you still include descriptions of your APPE rotations, leadership, teaching, IPPE experiences, etc?
Or do you just include descriptions for your PGY-1 rotations and just get rid of all the descriptions for the remainder of your CV?
please help!

Members don't see this ad.

See some of these resources:

Short answer is take all those extra descriptions out if you can. Most of that should have already been removed for a PGY-1 CV (multiple bullets for leadership, IPPEs etc. get daunting). Descriptions for PGY-1 rotations is debatable but I see most people remove them soon after PGY-1.

See some of these resources:

Short answer is take all those extra descriptions out if you can. Most of that should have already been removed for a PGY-1 CV (multiple bullets for leadership, IPPEs etc. get daunting). Descriptions for PGY-1 rotations is debatable but I see most people remove them soon after PGY-1.
Thanks! I took out all descriptions for my teaching, leadership, appe, ippe, etc.

I only kept descriptions for my pgy1 rotations. So you are saying I should keep them for now since I am applying for pgy2 position during my pgy1 year?
I will only have 4 pgy1 rotation descriptions by December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I took out all descriptions for my teaching, leadership, appe, ippe, etc.

I only kept descriptions for my pgy1 rotations. So you are saying I should keep them for now since I am applying for pgy2 position during my pgy1 year?
I will only have 4 pgy1 rotation descriptions by December.

No problem. I hear mixed things about the PGY-1 rotation descriptions. I was told to keep them for applying to a first job so they could see some of the duties, but as you can see the ACCP example leaves them out. I think I would be inclined to leave them out for applying to PGY-2 and just let them ask you about the rotations during interviews.

Once you’re a pgy1 I don’t think you need rotation descriptions. You can talk about your fav rotations at PPS. I actually like to see p4 rotations listed (without descriptions) when I’m assessing PGY2 candidates. Some of you did some cool stuff as students!

As a p4 looking at PGY1s, sure - keep the descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user