CVS LTC Immunizer Worth It for CV?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KJBpharmacy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says most of the question.

I was a CVS intern for a year after being a Walmart tech for 3 years, been a hospital intern for 2 making much more money. I will be off on weekends for the next semester and CVS asked for me to do weekends at LTC giving the covid vaccine. The money would be worse than hospital but not nothing. However, I would consider doing it more if I thought it looked good on a CV. No interest for doing retail or anything I would give vaccines for, just thinking more of stepping up in a pandemic.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Not worth it. Everyone knows exactly what it is. It will be hard to spin it. Maybe if you are trying to get a job with CVS or other retailer, you will have more to talk about when they ask some behavioral question. They want immunizations... you felt fulfilled helping the community during COVID... that type of thing. But I don't know if you should take a pay cut or work more weekends to do it.

I don't see how this could "hurt" your CV if it isn't taking away hours from the hospital job. And if you want to step us during the pandemic, does it matter?