CVS Arbitration of Workplace Legal Disputes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H8_CVS

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all CVS employees, have you acknowledged the arbitration training on Learnet (course 800305)? I know most employees probably didn't even have time to read it while working and blindly acknowledged it.

I hope most, if not all, of you opted out of this agreement. Since CVS is repeatedly sued for labor law violations, especially in California, they decide to come up with this stupid agreement to avoid "class action" or "collective action" lawsuits. This ploy is to avoid them having to pay out all employees involved in similar circumstances. Arbitration also favors the employer than the employee.

Please opt out soon and the only way to do so is by a written, signed and dated letter sent to them. This MUST be done within 30 days or you're legally bound to use an arbitrator of their choosing to dispute legal claims, rather than having to deal with a judge and jury.

1. Forced arbitration takes away your right to file a complaint in a court of law against a company that’s wronged you.

Companies want you to arbitrate because the system has been shown to be heavily unbalanced in favor of businesses — who have the legal knowledge, experience, and funding to put up a proper defense — while harmed consumers often enter into the complicated process without legal representation.

Most arbitration clauses also take away the right of groups of harmed consumers to pool their similar complaints together, forcing each customer into going through a binding arbitration that puts limits on damages; meaning companies can harm large groups of employees but get away with only paying out to those people who are willing to arbitrate.

All I have to say is CVS is one of the worst companies in the US. They'll do whatever it takes to continue to force their employees to work like slaves and hide these practices from the media by avoiding class action lawsuits.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
To opt out: Mail a written, signed, and dated letter, stating clearly that you wish to opt out of the CVS Health Arbitration of Workplace Legal Disputes Policy to:

CVS Health
PO Box 969
Woonsocket, RI 02895

(postmarked no later than 30 days after the date you first received or viewed a copy of this policy)

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I acknowledged the module in early October, it's too late for me to opt out? I think someone should opt out and then file a class action suit against CVS for coming out with this module.

How is this legal? You are employed at will in most states. How can such a one-sided contract even be put forward?

How is this legal? You are employed at will in most states. How can such a one-sided contract even be put forward?

I wondered the same thing. Can CVS even enforce it or would it just be overturned in a suit? Curious minds want to know!

I wondered the same thing. Can CVS even enforce it or would it just be overturned in a suit? Curious minds want to know!

Courts are generally less likely to enforce arbitration clauses when there is sufficient evidence that laws were broken. This is in contrast with a breach of contract in which some or all of the terms of the contract are not met, yet no laws or regulations set by the government were necessarily violated.

Courts can declare these clauses "unconscionable," meaning that the terms are extremely one-sided and therefore unenforceable.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Last edited:
I question the enforceability here, but that'll be hammered out in the courts next time CVS violates labor laws (I got like a regular stream of checks for years from class action suits after leaving).

Oh, now this is making more sense!!

This company amazes me every damn day!

Reactions: 1 user
So if I acknowledged the module in early October, it's too late for me to opt out? I think someone should opt out and then file a class action suit against CVS for coming out with this module.

I believe it was required to signed online, so I simply signed "REFUSED-OPT OUT" on the online module and then sent my letter to the PO Box.

Did it occur to you that letter = layoff list?

Back in the day when this module came out I just agreed (like a stupid new grad) because I was in a rush to finish all the modules they throw at you. I didn’t read it. But I tend to believe that not agreeing to something would put a target on your back.

Just curious, why did H8_CVS get banned?