CVS Assistant Managers and Store Managers are Douchebags

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They should keep thermostats in the individual stores instead of corporately controlling it. Personally, I'm comfortable when the temperature is below 65 degrees.

Now the heat is on at CVS so we keep the door entering the backroom/stockroom open and have a fan to force in cold air into the pharmacy.

Members don't see this ad.

I hardly doubt this article had any statistical significance at all:) Your pharmacists seem to be the douchebags and believe me, im one to not get along with the front store, but jeans in the pharmacy, i have to side with the douchebag assistant manager. And professionalism is not overrated. most patients will respond positively to a professionally dressed pharmacist.

The first step to being treated as a professional is to look like one. There is no place in the pharmacy for jeans of any type. Have a little pride in your apperance.

The first step to being treated as a professional is to look like one. There is no place in the pharmacy for jeans of any type. Have a little pride in your apperance.

Shut up... Ok, I agree with him. But I just wanted to tell him to shut up..

Members don't see this ad :)

sooo....you agree with me??...:rolleyes:

i hate capris (im too short and they make me look dumpy)

i will be wearing jeans tomorrow (i really only do it in the weekends)

I never shave

First off you haven't been around much lately...what is the deal? Second off I agree with you all the time...I think:thumbup:

sorry...:( ive been working crazy hours lately! I have something big coming up:) :thumbup: Shirt, tie, slacks and at least groomed up everyday to work. I will tell all these "kids" who decide to wear jeans: I use to be 252 lbs, wore a polo that didnt fit, never shaved and wore what seemed to be khaki jeans; patients wouldnt hesitate to pick a fight over price or whatever. Almost always a confrontation! Fast forward 2 years later. Im 180 lbs, pressed shirt, tie, slacks and dress shoes and shaven (at least well groomed) and i havent had a confrontation with a pt like i use to. Your appearance means everything. The patients will respond. Anyway, like i said, to each their own...

One question...

...how many business courses do they teach in Pharmacy school?

Amazing how many students and pharmacists think they know all because they have a PharmD. Until you have worked in the pharmacy for at least a year and have some basic understanding of the RETAIL aspect of pharmacy. You best heed the advice of your store manager.

Drugs aren't free, and neither are pharmacists, so do everyone a favor and try to make the chain some money.

That will be the downfall of pharmacists in retail...a bunch of arrogant college kids who think they are God's gift and don't even understand something basic like excess inventory.

One question...

...how many business courses do they teach in Pharmacy school?

Amazing how many students and pharmacists think they know all because they have a PharmD. Until you have worked in the pharmacy for at least a year and have some basic understanding of the RETAIL aspect of pharmacy. You best heed the advice of your store manager.

Drugs aren't free, and neither are pharmacists, so do everyone a favor and try to make the chain some money.

That will be the downfall of pharmacists in retail...a bunch of arrogant college kids who think they are God's gift and don't even understand something basic like excess inventory.

no pharmacy business class is going to teach you how to "run" a business. 5 years into this business and im still learning! experience is all many of us will have. They also dont teach us a damn thing about insurance, imagine how much money chains lose because of ins billing errors! Anyway, NO Jeans!!!!:)

You are awesome :claps:

sorry...:( ive been working crazy hours lately! I have something big coming up:) :thumbup: Shirt, tie, slacks and at least groomed up everyday to work. I will tell all these "kids" who decide to wear jeans: I use to be 252 lbs, wore a polo that didnt fit, never shaved and wore what seemed to be khaki jeans; patients wouldnt hesitate to pick a fight over price or whatever. Almost always a confrontation! Fast forward 2 years later. Im 180 lbs, pressed shirt, tie, slacks and dress shoes and shaven (at least well groomed) and i havent had a confrontation with a pt like i use to. Your appearance means everything. The patients will respond. Anyway, like i said, to each their own...

Very true. Impressions make a huge difference. When we have a roudy customer or a known complainer...they are usually referred to me by the females in the pharmacy.

Not that the females can't handle them, but it will usually be a man complaining, and they seem to be more confrontational towards females. Send the male over to deal with them and all of a sudden they calm down. Go figure.

Very true. Impressions make a huge difference. When we have a roudy customer or a known complainer...they are usually referred to me by the females in the pharmacy.

Not that the females can't handle them, but it will usually be a man complaining, and they seem to be more confrontational towards females. Send the male over to deal with them and all of a sudden they calm down. Go figure.

A lot of older pt's simply distrust female practitioners. Once upon a time the system was very hegemonic and you did exactly as you were told by your male physician. There was no such thing as forming a "doctor patient" alliance with respect to therapy. Lots of older folks haven't made the transition fully yet, kind of like how you'll still find senior citizens who hoard lots of cash vs. depositing it.

(given the markets lately, that doesn't sound like too bad of an idea, hahah)

:barf:

I'm suprised this thread keeps droning on and on...

Pretty soon it'll degrade to what length of hair, facial or otherwise is "professional"...

Members don't see this ad :)
:barf:

I'm suprised this thread keeps droning on and on...

Pretty soon it'll degrade to what length of hair, facial or otherwise is "professional"...

I just got a haircut today, cesar cut ;)

A lot of older pt's simply distrust female practitioners. Once upon a time the system was very hegemonic and you did exactly as you were told by your male physician. There was no such thing as forming a "doctor patient" alliance with respect to therapy. Lots of older folks haven't made the transition fully yet, kind of like how you'll still find senior citizens who hoard lots of cash vs. depositing it.
Huh? Times have changed. Most older patients (in my area) distrust the insurance companies...

I just got a haircut today, cesar cut ;)

That's so unprofessional! Did you doublecheck with your douchebag asst. manager?

You're fired. :)

Naw...we're firing your from THAT location.

Welcome to floater hell.

Must think...Ok.* You are now the new "partner" in the store with LOTS of RPh, tech, and customer DRAMA!!

Like...the other RPh must have all holidays off, tech #1 won't work with tech #2, etc.

If you can thrive in this environment, I have lost and you win!

Now go to bed!

Last edited:
Must think...

Ok. You are now the new "partner" in the store with LOTS of RPh, tech, and customer DRAMA!!

hahaha, i work in the ghetto, we do 2600-2700 weekly, have 6 full time techs, 3 part timers, 1 partner, and 2 overnites...please, keep on trying...

I cant begin to tell you how much my job sucks...Im only there cause my partner and i are good friends and vice versa.

After reading that, I want a stiff drink.

Yeah, I tolerated the intolerable because I had a lot of loyalty towards my partner. Really good guy.

Must think...Ok.* You are now the new "partner" in the store with LOTS of RPh, tech, and customer DRAMA!!

Like...the other RPh must have all holidays off, tech #1 won't work with tech #2, etc.

If you can thrive in this environment, I have lost and you win!

Now go to bed!

I win...and good night!:D

Huh? Times have changed. Most older patients (in my area) distrust the insurance companies...

I thought that's everyone?

After four years of Obama most of the pts will be Medicaid...the pts may not be "ghetto" but it will mostly be Medicaid.

Gee, I wonder what you guys think about people on Medicaid. I'm sure your use of the word "ghetto" is no indication at all. Nope.

I'm hoping you're all not as clueless in the pharmacy as you are in your opinions on health-care in general. Most people on Medicaid? What the hell are you talking about? And what does this have to do with CVS AMs and Managers?

I thought that's everyone?

No..."distrusting female practitioners". WTF does that mean???

Are you some sort of closeted misogynistic throwback or something?

Gee, I wonder what you guys think about people on Medicaid. I'm sure your use of the word "ghetto" is no indication at all. Nope.

I'm hoping you're all not as clueless in the pharmacy as you are in your opinions on health-care in general. Most people on Medicaid? What the hell are you talking about? And what does this have to do with CVS AMs and Managers?

It's called "gallows humor".

You tend to develop a sense of humor when you work in a stressful environment or else you become a victim of that same stress.

Maybe, just maybe, CVS AM's and managers exhibit douchebag behavior as a result...but, then we tend to go off topic a lot on the pharmacy forums.:)

I think all practicing pharmacists are aware of health care issues---don't be so obtuse and judgemental.

I agree Lebensraum. Is it ok if I call you that?

Women like attractive young guys.

Guys like dealing with other guys cause we're not seen as emotional, and we get each other. It's like yeah, I know man. Yeah. And that's it.

Guys also harbor no resentment. Whatevers a problem is dealt with in the moment and then gone.

Keep studying there fella...finish up that studying so that uncle sam can come and take 35% of your wages to pay for this "healthcare"... As clueless as you may think I am, i've seen alot working in the "ghetto". You'll get use to the word "free" :) Anyway, good luck on all that studying you gotta do;) oh yeah, dont be so judgmental :)

No..."distrusting female practitioners". WTF does that mean???

Are you some sort of closeted misogynistic throwback or something?

referring to insurance companies in 2nd post, reread my original post for observation in older population

A lot of older pt's simply distrust female practitioners. Once upon a time the system was very hegemonic and you did exactly as you were told by your male physician. There was no such thing as forming a "doctor patient" alliance with respect to therapy...

Do whut? I have no idea what your point is here. Please explain.

Funny, my experience with "old" people is that they distrust insurance companies, not "female practitioners"...

Keep studying there fella...finish up that studying so that uncle sam can come and take 35% of your wages to pay for this "healthcare"... As clueless as you may think I am, i've seen alot working in the "ghetto". You'll get use to the word "free" :) Anyway, good luck on all that studying you gotta do;) oh yeah, dont be so judgmental :)
Rest assured I am aware of taxes and don't need anyone to remind me that we are all forced to pay them. And I already have dealt with Medicaid patients, so there's nothing new there either. I guess everyone was only joking though, and doesn't really mean what they say.

Do whut? I have no idea what your point is here. Please explain.
Some elderly patients do not like women as doctors or pharmacists. I have also seen this. It doesn't happen very often though.

Some elderly patients do not like women as doctors or pharmacists. I have also seen this. It doesn't happen very often though.

Bingo, that's "whut" I was saying above. Rare, but it happens. It's usually women, too.

Thanks...that's what I thought, but your phrasing wasn't clear to me.:D

Alrighty then, a round of beers and SSRI's for EVERYBODY!

Thanks...that's what I thought, but your phrasing wasn't clear to me.:D

Alrighty then, a round of beers and SSRI's for EVERYBODY!

I'll drink to that :banana:

I just thought of something...even if your manager is a douchebag, having a good relationship with management (aside from just being good in general) will come in handy if you have a problematic pt.

I've noticed with po'd pt's that when it's them vs. you/your PIC, they'll keep pushing. Once it becomes them vs. you/PIC AND store manager, they'll usually back down. Of course, this is just anecdotal on my end.

+ despite the division, an angry pt will go to the store manager, and they can either make you look like the bad guy and apologize to placate the pt, or they can back you up and tell the pt to leave.

(now, complaining to a DM/corporate is a different issue...they'll forever side with the pt and send them a gift card, bah.) loo, i need that testicle link again. haha

Another reason why I don't like management:

We were super busy the other day and I told this patient who dropped off 14 prescriptions that he had to go home and come back in 3 hours for the prescriptions. When he asks if he can get it faster, I say no because there are people ahead of him and that I'm not gonna allow him to cut the line, therefore disrupting the flow when the people who he skipped come in while we are working on his stuff.

So he goes up to the manager and tells him about this, manager comes back here and tells the pharmacist to get stuff out faster.

Another reason why I don't like management:

We were super busy the other day and I told this patient who dropped off 14 prescriptions that he had to go home and come back in 3 hours for the prescriptions. When he asks if he can get it faster, I say no because there are people ahead of him and that I'm not gonna allow him to cut the line, therefore disrupting the flow when the people who he skipped come in while we are working on his stuff.

So he goes up to the manager and tells him about this, manager comes back here and tells the pharmacist to get stuff out faster.

:laugh::laugh: that would never happen in my store. he could try to come back and tell me, but I would just laugh in his face (the manager, not the pt). I already fill 500+ daily + PCI calls, therefore no manager is going to rush me!:D

:laugh::laugh: that would never happen in my store. he could try to come back and tell me, but I would just laugh in his face (the manager, not the pt). I already fill 500+ daily + PCI calls, therefore no manager is going to rush me!:D

Those f***ing PCI calls :boom:

I'm so tired of making asinine calls that mean absolutely nothing (clinically).

Those f***ing PCI calls :boom:

I'm so tired of making asinine calls that mean absolutely nothing (clinically).

As PIC I wasnt really delegating the task, but the DM and SUP came in to "talk" to me. Apparently there wasnt good feedback from sm and tech trainer (whom i care not to see in the pharmacy anymore) about me caring about PCI. Basically they would "replace" me if it didnt get done. They pretty much said that CVS doesnt care about anything else but PCI. So, im obliging and if I have to sacrifice customer service for them calls, I will :shrug:

Filling 500+ daily, short staffed, Im just shocked that it has come to this. That phone rings and rings all day and the drive thru just keeps on going. Apparently their gonna have the sup observe us...asinine company...

Apparently now the next big thing is pulling expired medications from the shelves. We got a phone call from the district pharmacy supervisor that if Consumer Affairs comes in and finds 2 expired items or about to expire items, that all pharmacists based at that store would be terminated by the regional pharmacy supervisor.

Apparently now the next big thing is pulling expired medications from the shelves. We got a phone call from the district pharmacy supervisor that if Consumer Affairs comes in and finds 2 expired items or about to expire items, that all pharmacists based at that store would be terminated by the regional pharmacy supervisor.

phone calls to peoples homes??? anything to put an extra dime in their pockets. Termination for missing 2 expired drugs? jesus, sometime im checking expires and miss 1 or 2. after awhile I start to see double! This is getting ridiculous...Im out soon, gotta find something else...

phone calls to peoples homes??? anything to put an extra dime in their pockets. Termination for missing 2 expired drugs? jesus, sometime im checking expires and miss 1 or 2. after awhile I start to see double! This is getting ridiculous...Im out soon, gotta find something else...

No, he called our store. Today was Thanksgiving, I worked for the 1.5X pay. Basically, we only did 21 scripts on Thanksgiving Day last year so I guess he wanted to make sure we weren't just sitting around. We got everything except for ophthalmic, otic, topical, vaginal, liquids, and birth control and we did 43 scripts :O

Basically they would "replace" me if it didnt get done. They pretty much said that CVS doesnt care about anything else but PCI.

This just pisses me off. It's definitely NOT about the patient's well-being; it's about running back to insurance companies and saying, "See, CVS is doing MTM. Now give us larger reimbursement." I say BS.

Filling 500+ daily, short staffed, Im just shocked that it has come to this.* That phone rings and rings all day and the drive thru just keeps on going.* Apparently their gonna have the sup observe us...asinine company...
Definitely a valid reason to leave CVS, IMHO.