CVS Assistant Managers and Store Managers are Douchebags

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is funny reading all these statements on here now. As Store Manager of CVS the whole store is our responsibility. Yeah you have a Pharmacy Manager, But the store manager is manager of the store/building. I read some idiot up top said something about wearing jeans. LMAO yeah that doesn't happen now, nor will it ever. No one wears jeans in the building. No one brings bags into Pharmacy. All employees front store or pharmacy are to be bagged checked per CVS policy. True we don't make the schedules, and you have your own hours. You have your own little world, and we have ours. Is funny how many people on here seem to have little respect for the front store. But who do you now call in 2017 when you need help in pharmacy? Us..... All we have to do is not come help ring, or as a Store Manager/RX not come help with a drop off or to help fill and you are screwed. So respect goes both ways. We have way more on our plates then you do with way less hours to do it. So remember when you may want to be a douche, we don't have to come help. You don't if we need someone to cover a quick bathroom break.

Members don't see this ad.

You wear jeans to the pharmacy, you are going home to change. It's that simple. Honestly, I dont give a damn about anyones comfort level or its to hot, or Im fat or whatever...All i care about is the perception of the customers. If you cant afford slacks or a shirt or a tie, i'll will help you out a bit... I have before! Pressed shirts,tie and slacks and people tend to react a little better than some unshaven douchebag in jeans. I honestly dont care about any company policy. I already have to deal with mean people upset about something and the last thing I need is a complaint about someone in the pharmacy wearing jeans...because im sure it has happened. Suck it up, be a professional, and just wear the shirt, tie and slacks.

I wonder if they sell jeans in commissary

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It is funny reading all these statements on here now. As Store Manager of CVS the whole store is our responsibility. Yeah you have a Pharmacy Manager, But the store manager is manager of the store/building. I read some idiot up top said something about wearing jeans. LMAO yeah that doesn't happen now, nor will it ever. No one wears jeans in the building. No one brings bags into Pharmacy. All employees front store or pharmacy are to be bagged checked per CVS policy. True we don't make the schedules, and you have your own hours. You have your own little world, and we have ours. Is funny how many people on here seem to have little respect for the front store. But who do you now call in 2017 when you need help in pharmacy? Us..... All we have to do is not come help ring, or as a Store Manager/RX not come help with a drop off or to help fill and you are screwed. So respect goes both ways. We have way more on our plates then you do with way less hours to do it. So remember when you may want to be a douche, we don't have to come help. You don't if we need someone to cover a quick bathroom break.
Hahaha, I've encountered managers like you.

You think you're in responsible for the whole store, but you haven't a clue about what happens in pharmacy.
Can you enter the pharmacy without a pharmacist present?

No? I thought you said you were responsible for it.

You come stomping up to the counseling window to ask why we're refusing to fill something, you try to take the microwave in the pharmacy away, or any other thing.

Guess what ends up happening?

We laugh at you, tell you no, and the Rx Sup and DM will always take the side of pharmacy. Always.

If you push it, we start to wait until 2 hours after close on your days to do an inventory and finish up paperwork.

Literally anyone could do what you guys do.
At work, you're a manager. If you get fired, you are no longer a manager.
At work, we're pharmacists. If we get fired, we're still pharmacists.

Reactions: 1 users

If you actually help with drop off and production, you're already better than literally 100% of the store/assistant/shift managers I've experienced in my career. Absolute unicorn front store person.

I forgot to add:

To protest the "bag check"policy, I used to take gallon sized Ziplok bags full of trail mix to the pharmacy.

I'd then ask the manager to go through it to make sure none of the nuts were pills.

Literally asking them to search my nuts.

I don't work for CVS. But I won't tolerate a non pharmacist telling me how to practice. At the end of the day it's your license. If some store manager wants to force you to fill something you think is dangerous or unethical just log off your computer and tell them "Hey, you can log in and verify the script if you want." They can't because they don't have the credentials... then again though I've mostly worked with great store managers. What I do with my license is solely my decision and no one else's. They can use their own if they have one. I've heard of cases where managers tried to force pharmacists to fill fentanyl scripts on patients with no opioid tolerance or history to ensure "customer service." I'd never do that, ever. No one is going to force me to do it either. If I refuse on safety or clinical issues some other pharmacist can use their login and their liability to do it. If a store manager can't because they don't have the credentials then they can't... respect your co-workers but don't EVER let someone else make a decision you may be liable for or is out of their scope. YOU are the one with the pharmacist license, not them. Truthfully if they want to practice pharmacy without a license that's illegal. Tell them to come back after they have a PharmD and pass their boards before they force you to do something medication related, at most they are a tech practicing under YOUR supervision when behind the counter. If you are the pharmacist on duty behind the counter what you say goes, legally speaking.

Last edited:

I disagree.

I don't work for CVS. But I won't tolerate a non pharmacist telling me how to practice. At the end of the day it's your license. If some store manager wants to force you to fill something you think is dangerous or unethical just log off your computer and tell them "Hey, you can log in and verify the script if you want." They can't because they don't have the credentials... then again though I've mostly worked with great store managers. What I do with my license is solely my decision and no one else's. They can use their own if they have one. I've heard of cases where managers tried to force pharmacists to fill fentanyl scripts on patients with no opioid tolerance or history to ensure "customer service." I'd never do that, ever. No one is going to force me to do it either. If I refuse on safety or clinical issues some other pharmacist can use their login and their liability to do it. If a store manager can't because they don't have the credentials then they can't... respect your co-workers but don't EVER let someone else make a decision you may be liable for or is out of their scope. YOU are the one with the pharmacist license, not them.

Hahahaha, I remember the time a newbie manager tried to force me to fill a Norco.

This was pre-C2, and the doctor was calling us to give an OK early refill, like two weeks before the refill.
The rationale was that he worked in the oilfield for X company, and was going to be gone on a job for too long.

Manager:
"Well, the customer told me that the doctor told you to fill it, so I think that.. I think it's CVS policy that you have to fill it if you're doctor tells you to"

I literally laughed in her little face

I forgot to add:

To protest the "bag check"policy, I used to take gallon sized Ziplok bags full of trail mix to the pharmacy.

I'd then ask the manager to go through it to make sure none of the nuts were pills.

Literally asking them to search my nuts.
Check "deez nuts".

Reactions: 3 users
If you actually help with drop off and production, you're already better than literally 100% of the store/assistant/shift managers I've experienced in my career. Absolute unicorn front store person.

Yeah, I don't buy it. I only worked with a handful of front end managers who would even run a register. Drop off or production? Never, not even once.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, I don't buy it. I only worked with a handful of front end managers who would even run a register. Drop off or production? Never, not even once.

I'd be in shock if I saw a front store management member come back and do drop off. I'd also buy them lunch and send them a fruit basket the next day. I have nothing against front store people. I count several as good friends. I enjoy good working relationships with pretty much every one I've been around. I've never had one actually attempt to tell me how to do my job. They pretty much to a person seem to understand that the pharmacy isn't their domain. To have it otherwise would be so bizarre. If one tried to make me fill something I wasn't comfortable with, I'd probably just shoot my supervisor an email to tell him that they are stepping out of bounds. But, again, nothing close to that has even happened to me because the ones I deal with all seem to have some damned sense about them. I'm amazed that these people actually seem to exist. What untrained, unlicensed person goes up to the pharmacist on duty and tries to tell them how to do their job?

Meh I wouldnt make a fuss over clothes, then again I'm a floater and have realized each store is so different I'd rather not have to deal with pissing contests every time I go to a new store

Does the front store manger check the pharmacist's bag to see if they have taken pills? If anything, the pharmacist should check their bags.

Who checks the front store manager's bag? Or are they the only ones that can be trusted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Who checks the front store manager's bag? Or are they the only ones that can be trusted?

Apparently the front store manager has supreme authority over the pharmacy and all of its contents. Now GET BACK THERE and FILL THIS NARC EARLY! Customer service!

Usually, the last people to leave the store do so simultaneously and check each other's bags/coats. Sorry for the boring truth.

Re: this thread... Honestly, most of the SMs and ASMs I worked with at CVS over 16 years were cool and wanted as little to do with pharmacy as necessary. Of course there have been a few looking to overstep boundaries, but I have two plans to shut them down every time.

Option one: address everything as a matter of policy. Them: "The new policy is for you to [do some stupid thing and waste time]." Me: "Okay. Just get me a written copy of the policy so I can make sure I understand it fully and I'll get right on it." You will never get a copy of the non-existent policy.

Option two: for illegal and unethical requests, call the ethics line and don't do it anonymously. You want them to know that you are confident in how right you are and how wrong they are. Based on the way field management responds to these, it seems like the complaint must be sent to AVP or higher and puts the fear of God into them.