CVS Benefits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSerforfun

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how CVS tracks hours for benefit eligibility. I know the guys at HR are supposed to tell us if we fall short, but I want to know which hours count just for my own benefit. Are vacation/sick/holiday hours included in the calculation?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me how CVS tracks hours for benefit eligibility. I know the guys at HR are supposed to tell us if we fall short, but I want to know which hours count just for my own benefit. Are vacation/sick/holiday hours included in the calculation?

Count for what?

At cvs you must work 30 hours a week to have health insurance. I think the OP is asking if he uses vacation hours, sick day, etc do those count towards his goal of 30 hours per week?

Members don't see this ad :)
PTO should not count as hours worked for eligibility.

At cvs you must work 30 hours a week to have health insurance. I think the OP is asking if he uses vacation hours, sick day, etc do those count towards his goal of 30 hours per week?

They would count. People who only work 30 hours a week would then automatically be demoted to part time. You have to average 30 hours/week to get full time. The average is over a 1 year period. If you work only 30 and then PTO didn't count, you would be disqualified the next time they checked....

Reactions: 1 user
The above responses are inconsistent with each other. Does PTO/Sick time count towards the goal of 30 hours per week (average) or not?

They would count. People who only work 30 hours a week would then automatically be demoted to part time. You have to average 30 hours/week to get full time. The average is over a 1 year period. If you work only 30 and then PTO didn't count, you would be disqualified the next time they checked....
Is that how someone who's part time becomes fulltime? I have a tech who's working full time hours but is part time in the system. How do I get them to be full time in the system? They are close to 1 year on the job

Is that how someone who's part time becomes fulltime? I have a tech who's working full time hours but is part time in the system. How do I get them to be full time in the system? They are close to 1 year on the job
Go in and change their status from part time to full time. Give them an 8% raise and send and e-mail to your supe who will have to approve it....

I'm not HR but I'll give this a shot.

You have your base hours. I'm told that now you are not allowed to work less than your base (HUB). You can use your PTO/sick/vacation/holiday to cover the hours you are short of your base hours. I'm going on the assumption that we are talking about someone who is already full time. Pharmacists are salaried (or are you asking about techs?), so if you continuously fall short of your base hours, I'm sure it is being tracked by scheduler/Rx Sup/DM and you will hear about it. They would either tell you that you owe them hours, keep taking it from your vacation/PTO, or drop you to part time. I can't see a scenario where your district would allow a pharmacist to work less than their base for an extended period of time.

I am a pharmacist and I am not salaried. I get paid by the hour and that's how it is in California. I guess other states has different rules with respect to exempt-non exempt pharmacists. I am a former Target pharmacist and hence I am asking the question. As it stands right now, I project I will have about 1,600 hours but, in that, obviously, there is a bunch of of PTO such as
Sick
Holiday
Vacation

So my concern is whether these will impact my benefits and I am wondering, is there anyone at CVS headquarter where we can the information from. The folks at Hewitt are very inconsistent. I've had some real bad experience with Hewitt but that's a different topic.

So question now, anyone can be contact at CVS who can tell us how the hell do they determine a part time from a full time?

I am a pharmacist and I am not salaried. I get paid by the hour and that's how it is in California. I guess other states has different rules with respect to exempt-non exempt pharmacists. I am a former Target pharmacist and hence I am asking the question. As it stands right now, I project I will have about 1,600 hours but, in that, obviously, there is a bunch of of PTO such as
Sick
Holiday
Vacation

So my concern is whether these will impact my benefits and I am wondering, is there anyone at CVS headquarter where we can the information from. The folks at Hewitt are very inconsistent. I've had some real bad experience with Hewitt but that's a different topic.

So question now, anyone can be contact at CVS who can tell us how the hell do they determine a part time from a full time?

They do not affect your full time status. Period. Forget about it. Those hours count towards your base.

Today I spoke with someone at CVS and who told me that "Sick" does not count towards the base hours.

I am having a real hard time figuring out how many hours I have. We are former Target employees and we were told that we can pull the hours from the computer. Someone mentioned that a monthly average hour report should be available on the pharmacy computer but I can't figure out how to pull it (myself, my manager and my district manager)

Does anyone know how to pull this report out?

Today I spoke with someone at CVS and who told me that "Sick" does not count towards the base hours.

I am having a real hard time figuring out how many hours I have. We are former Target employees and we were told that we can pull the hours from the computer. Someone mentioned that a monthly average hour report should be available on the pharmacy computer but I can't figure out how to pull it (myself, my manager and my district manager)

Does anyone know how to pull this report out?

Literally the first result on Google search.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161212-215551.png
    Screenshot_20161212-215551.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 106
Literally the first result on Google search.

It's not. My question is about how to pull the report that shows how many hours that are counted towards your benefits. I know it's there in the system but I can't figure out how to pull it. Neither does the pharmacy manager or the district manager. We don't know because of the Target Transition and we're still getting educated on that stuff.

Not sure if this is what you're asking for.

If you log in to the HR website, go to "View Your Pay", then "MyPersonal Information" tab and it shows you your base hours, sick hours, vacation hours, etc.

I remember from my days at CVS that you can pull all this information from the system. You can pull the report directly from your store computer. If you have issues, you can contact HR and they should be able to walk you through it.

Also from what I remember, I believe all of those do get factored into your base hours for calculation of benefit eligibility. You should contact HR to confirm though.

call myHR at 1-888-MY-HR- CVS (1-888-694-7287)

myHR are absolutely useless. I've tried every avenue, believe me, and I am coming the conclusion that the only way to pull the report out is from the pharmacy computer. Yet, I am not sure how to get to that report from that darn computer.

It's not. My question is about how to pull the report that shows how many hours that are counted towards your benefits. I know it's there in the system but I can't figure out how to pull it. Neither does the pharmacy manager or the district manager. We don't know because of the Target Transition and we're still getting educated on that stuff.

I think the real question you should be asking yourself is "How did I go from being a 42hrs/week ETL to not even knowing if I'm full time? What could the meaning of this be?"

Here's the answer to the question you actually asked:

A full time pharmacist at CVS will not suddenly be demoted to part time by accident.
When I was full time (32hrs home store + 8 float) I would hit 40 hours no matter what in HR's system. There were *several* weeks where I didn't catch a float shift.

Well....still I can't get the answer as to how to print the report from the pharmacy computer!! The report I heard of is a report that comes from the pharmacy computer that shows the average hours worked per employee.

Any pharmacy manager here than can chime in? I am very specific in my question...the report, how can it be printed?

Unless the system has changed, there should be a print function that allows you to print any report you want. If you can't find it, you can always just print screen and it'll print whatever is showing on your computer. If you already tried that, make sure your printer is hooked up properly and there is paper in it.

if the report is available, call helpdesk and they'll tell u how to print it.