CVS Folks, Do you use Financial Engines?

Started by ericn2k3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ericn2k3

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone here have any experience with Financial Engines that offered at a discount for CVS employee? In the years past, my account was laughable, but now I may need professional help to manage my account. If you suggestions, I'll take it as well. Thanks in advance.
 
CVS is about to switch to Vanguard as its 401k provider, so I would wait until that conversion happens before signing up for anything. The move to Vanguard will lower our investing fees, so this is a good thing.
 
Waste of money. Especially considering that you can run a request for a recommendation for free, then just manually set it yourself. Do that every 6 months, boom, done. Saved you tens of thousands.

But we are switching to Vanguard. You will have access to target date funds. Just choose one of those and you'll be good to go.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They already have several Vanguard Funds in the Future Fund......

None of the good ones like VTSAX...or access to Admiral Shares. I have no idea if we will gain access to these. The little pamphlet they sent out seemed to indicate that we could do target date or the same funds we already had access to. Which would suck. Vanguard managing our plan and I can't choose their best funds...lol...
 
None of the good ones like VTSAX...or access to Admiral Shares. I have no idea if we will gain access to these. The little pamphlet they sent out seemed to indicate that we could do target date or the same funds we already had access to. Which would suck. Vanguard managing our plan and I can't choose their best funds...lol...
Did you know that there are Vanguard Institutional Shares that have lower ERs than Admiral Shares? e.g. Core Equity Fund = Vanguard Institutional Index Fund Institutional Plus Shares (VIIIX) with an ER of 0.02% while the 500 Index Fund Admiral Shares (VFIAX) have an ER of 0.04%.