CVS full time=20 hours per week????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CYP_3A4

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long can you be under 30 hours and still maintain "full time" status with CVS???

I was hired as FT in January. I've only been given about 20 hours per week. I've been actively trying to work more by floating. I've also been bugging the scheduler and my Supervisor for more shifts.

On MyHR it says I'll be eligible for benefits on April 4th. I'm worried I won't qualify ☹️

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I was hired as a full time employee. I'm not salaried, I'm paid hourly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Walgreens been doing this sht to the new grads for a year or two now

How long can you be under 30 hours and still maintain "full time" status with CVS???

I was hired as FT in January. I've only been given about 20 hours per week. I've been actively trying to work more by floating. I've also been bugging the scheduler and my Supervisor for more shifts.

On MyHR it says I'll be eligible for benefits on April 4th. I'm worried I won't qualify ☹️

Just wondering ...if your full time status do you get any benefits (medical, dental, etc) ?

You need to check w HR.
One of my FT coworker lost medical benefit because PIC only scheduled him three days/week for couple months.
He had to pick up some more shift to make it 32 hrs to get medical benefit this year.

Every time I see a post like this I start wondering what's wrong with my district. I see a lot of people saying pharmacist hours are being cut for their stores meanwhile my store has increased pharmacist hours (a whooping 15 hours) because of increased volume. And here I am, asking my DL if she can get a floater to cover the 3rd weekend shift for my store but being told they don't have floaters to cover that shift and that she's "hiring" more. It's not like I work in BFE.

I never thought i would see the day where pharmacists were running around with no health benefits from their employer. These are really sad times and a good indicator of whats to come.

Reactions: 2 users