CVS Hub Pharmacist template

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maliciousmotive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently took over as PM at my store while my manager is off having yet another kid. I have a new staff RPh and I’m trying to have both of us be on the template so I have to do less edits. It’s California and hourly pharmacists if that makes any difference. I have the rotation on 2 and both schedules are in the store template. Yet when I am making the schedules for 2021 only I am showing up. Not sure if anyone on here can help? People in my district are useless or straight up don’t wanna help.

Members don't see this ad.

Recently took over as PM at my store while my manager is off having yet another kid. I have a new staff RPh and I’m trying to have both of us be on the template so I have to do less edits. It’s California and hourly pharmacists if that makes any difference. I have the rotation on 2 and both schedules are in the store template. Yet when I am making the schedules for 2021 only I am showing up. Not sure if anyone on here can help? People in my district are useless or straight up don’t wanna help.

Just curious, “yet another kid”.. this sounds like you have an opinion. I am curious about this opinion.

Do you have kids? How many kids does your PM have? Why is your PM having kids frustrating to you?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Because he got stuck with the job title and the job he didn't ask for. Now he can't get help and training he needs to do the job. Typical of CVS.

Sorry OP. I don't have any experience with scheduling or HUB issues this time around. My district does have great people who would help you but that's not typical.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because he got stuck with the job title and the job he didn't ask for. Now he can't get help and training he needs to do the job. Typical of CVS.

Sorry OP. I don't have any experience with scheduling or HUB issues this time around. My district does have great people who would help you but that's not typical.

There is some sort of disdain to having kids these days. I think the younger generation has been groomed to scoff at having kids or something. I have a whole freaking bunch of kids. I love my kids. Making the kids is fun too.... I do it all the time.

Last edited:
I am not a psychiatrist but it is probably displacement anger. I know you have five kids and no idea about OPs intentions. When I work, I just want to go home and have a normal life life of own choosing, just like some with many kids m

Reactions: 1 user
Fake news. Most people are breeders.

In California you get also Family Rights Act coverage for "bonding with a newborn child" so after the interaction with FMLA is accounted for, you can get up to 7 months o job-protected leave

If it weren't for pregnancy being the holiest of protected statuses hiring managers would not let perpetual preggos be pharmacy "managers"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just tired of other RPhs constantly making up BS excuses centered around family....myself and others have to constantly re-arrange our lives to cater to these A-hole entitled RPhs who demand constant supervision of little Jimmy or little Susy (school, church, music lessons/sports, baby-sitter coverage, etc....it's just a Rolodex of BS excuses for not taking any accountability for work).

I feel like these type of RPh really should NOT be FT staff or PIC/PM; nothing wrong with part time or floater if you can't handle work responsibility/long term commitment and accountability

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just curious, “yet another kid”.. this sounds like you have an opinion. I am curious about this opinion.

Do you have kids? How many kids does your PM have? Why is your PM having kids frustrating to you?

Sounds like a single person who thinks people having kids is a paid vacation.

I once had a pharmacy manager who- in a 24 month period- worked 4 months but was paid for all 24. Strategically based pregnancies alternating with assorted medical "crises". And it is correct that NO ONE who does that should ever be manager of anything. This manager was also female. And a minority. With this particular company, those things virtually gave her a license to steal. And she knew it.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
I once had a pharmacy manager who- in a 24 month period- worked 4 months but was paid for all 24. Strategically based pregnancies alternating with assorted medical "crises". And it is correct that NO ONE who does that should ever be manager of anything. This manager was also female. And a minority. With this particular company, those things virtually gave her a license to steal. And she knew it.

Ah, another person without kids.

I'm sure that person strategically planned her pregnancies to steal from the pharmacy. Totally makes sense to support two kids for 18+ years each in order to gain two years worth of pharmacist income!

Last edited:
Ah, another person without kids.

I'm sure that person strategically planned her pregnancies to steal from the pharmacy. Totally makes sense to support two kids for 18+ years each in order to gain two years worth of pharmacist income!
Such a naive post. People game systems all the time when given the opportunity. How many medicaid patients have you seen driving luxury cars?

Such a naive post. People game systems all the time when given the opportunity. How many medicaid patients have you seen driving luxury cars?

How is having two kids gaming the system? Do you have kids? Do you know how hard going through labor and raising two newborns is? Do you know how much they cost?

Last edited:
  • Okay...
Just tired of other RPhs constantly making up BS excuses centered around family....myself and others have to constantly re-arrange our lives to cater to these A-hole entitled RPhs who demand constant supervision of little Jimmy or little Susy (school, church, music lessons/sports, baby-sitter coverage, etc....it's just a Rolodex of BS excuses for not taking any accountability for work).

I feel like these type of RPh really should NOT be FT staff or PIC/PM; nothing wrong with part time or floater if you can't handle work responsibility/long term commitment and accountability

Doesn't sound like it.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is having two kids gaming the system? Do you have kids? Do you know how hard going through labor and raising two newborns is? Do you know how much they cost?
exactly. I pay almost 1900-2000$ per month for baby sitting and pre school. it's almost like house mortgage.

• Dislike
I don't see how any pharmacist can complain about their coworkers having kids. Pharmacy attracts many females who want to have kids! If it bothers you guys so much then you should have picked a different profession.

I don’t think you have to be female or minority to game the system. People of all creed do this. That post was really dumb..

Reactions: 5 users
And more people on leave means more job opportunities for pharmacists. I wouldn’t complain..

Doesn't sound like it.
Wish you had a clue about how much bitching these RPh undergo during their "work" hours as opposed to doing actual work. If only said RPh put as much time and effort into constantly changing schedules as they do actual work, retail pharmacy shifts wouldn't be a complete **** show. If you can't work, can't take the same level of accountability as your peer staff RPh, you probably should not be FT staff/FT PM

People like me should not have to bend over backwards because the world revolves around your family and lack of management skills (I think that you are missing the point...the level of entitlement and sentiment that your family life matters so much more than others that the schedule must bend to your will/cater to your whims is what grinds my gears)

Last edited:
Think you need to work on those reading comprehension skills and not letting your emotions get to you/affect what you say

Not saying there is anything wrong with having kids, but us single RPh (who choose to not have a family) have wants/needs outside pharmacy work (tutoring interns, expanding skillsets/higher education, health and fitness, real estate/investments, etc.). I'm not constantly making others change their work schedules to cater to my outside work setting activities because I can manage my time appropriately....hmmm how about that ADHD thread? LOL

Last edited:
Think you need to work on those reading comprehension skills and not letting your emotions get to you/affect what you say

You sound really angry! It's Christmas dude relax.

• Haha

I do wonder...My kids don't want kids either...who knows why....Likely because I spoiled them..I do know that I would be pretty frustrated with having all of my hours changed for who knows how long .........The Phcy biz ain't gonna git no better..so hang on.

Not saying there is anything wrong with having kids, but us single RPh (who choose to not have a family) have wants/needs outside pharmacy work (tutoring interns, expanding skillsets/higher education, health and fitness, real estate/investments, etc.). I'm not constantly making others change their work schedules to cater to my outside work setting activities because I can manage my time appropriately....hmmm how about that ADHD thread? LOL

There's no comparison between wanting a schedule adjustment due to a newborn baby and wanting a schedule adjustment so you can be a gym rat

• Dislike
Please stop misinterpreting my posts. Actually read them. Besides I have a home gym and can properly manage my time unlike some RPh

Any tips for us parents to manage our time better? You sound very experienced raising kids! We love getting parental advice from people without kids!

• Haha
Any tips for us parents to manage our time better? You sound very experienced raising kids! We love getting parental advice from people without kids!
Yes, let them run free in the wild and learn how to survive on their own...unleash the razor sharp talons.
So....is everyone clear on speaking the language of cynical sarcasm? I feel like we need to come up with a special/designated font for some people, LOL

Don’t really understand what the issue is. If your partner with kids wants off certain days and ask you to switch, you aren’t obligated. You can just say no you have plans and in that case they will be responsible for securing their own coverage. At least that’s how it is where I work.

I never have to say yes to anything unless I want to. Don’t understand what the fuss is all about.

There's no comparison between wanting a schedule adjustment due to a newborn baby and wanting a schedule adjustment so you can be a gym rat
First it’s newborn babies then it’s babies then it’s toddlers then it’s small children then it’s older children. Breeders always seem to think their schedule needs should take priority over non-breeders.

And I’m sure if I was a breeder I would feel exactly the same way.

First it’s newborn babies then it’s babies then it’s toddlers then it’s small children then it’s older children. Breeders always seem to think their schedule needs should take priority over non-breeders.

Our pharmacy director always gave parents a hard time about scheduling, sick calls (when parent's kids are sick), tardiness etc. Now that she has a kid, she does the same thing and stopped giving people a hard time.

Dude - owle.... you need to get your breed on bro..

And yes - I would go as far as to say that on a social level the priorities of a family need to be considered and compensated for. If we did not pull together, as a people, and support the ignorant breeders like myself - there would be no more human race to do things like complain on SDN.

“it takes a village”, right?

Somehow we have reached a point in society where we have devalued ourselves and look upon the human race with disdain. For those of you who refuse to have children by choice - I say to you - you will regret this decision someday. The joy that exists in my large home of seven is on a whole different level that I would ever experience in the world, regardless of how much money I have.

On the moderately rare circumstance that this inconveniences my co-workers - I suppose there are worse things in life to worry about

I don’t have kids and don’t want any. My PM has 1 and is having another one. Without giving away too much personal information my PM is just kinda bad at life. Not good at taking care of herself, and became extremely absent minded while pregnant. She also called in sick all the time for what I’m positive were fake reasons and my only option was to either cover her sick calls or let some floater come in and then be a gazillion scripts behind for another week. Then I get screwed while she’s on leave with some incompetent person. Pregnant people and/or people with kids are also always given preferential treatment which I hate because somehow my time is less valuable than theirs to the world.
I would have way less issues with all of this if the entire process didn’t screw the hell out of me.

There is some sort of disdain to having kids these days. I think the younger generation has been groomed to scoff at having kids or something. I have a whole freaking bunch of kids. I love my kids. Making the kids is fun too.... I do it all the time.
I have no issue with people having kids. I do think the world already has way too many kids and I don’t want to add to it. I also don’t like children nor the detriment they would bring to my life but that’s neither here nor there. I also think people who don’t have their act together shouldnt be having kids which is exactly where my PM is.

Sounds like a single person who thinks people having kids is a paid vacation.
My old PM from when I was an intern had 2 kids. She used the 6 mo off to get into the best shape of her life and was constantly on social media showing off where she was going. Yes, there’s a ton of bad kids out there and really difficult pregnancies and really difficult first few months getting used to kids and all sorts of issues but let’s not act like all of them are sitting in some kind of war camp doing hard labor. I don’t have kids but I’ve taken care of plenty of family members’ young infants, many times as a teenager myself.

Well suck it up buttercup. That’s all I gotta say

Pregnant people and/or people with kids are also always given preferential treatment which I hate because somehow my time is less valuable than theirs to the world.

Your time is less valuable, sorry. No one is dependent on you. You only have to take care of yourself.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t really understand what the issue is. If your partner with kids wants off certain days and ask you to switch, you aren’t obligated. You can just say no you have plans and in that case they will be responsible for securing their own coverage. At least that’s how it is where I work.

I never have to say yes to anything unless I want to. Don’t understand what the fuss is all about.

I mean if you don’t know what it’s like to have a partnership between you and your staff pharmacist I’m not sure what I can say to you? You’re basically supposed to have each others’ back. So I tell her no, then she gets pissy, she says no to me. We stop helping each other out and next thing you know there’s a ton of animosity. That’s a horrible work environment. On top of that there is the very real issue that if she calls in sick or requests off they’ll put in an awful floater who will mess everything up and it’ll take a week or more to get caught up. At that point it’s just better to bite the bullet and say you’ll work.

Your time is less valuable, sorry. No one is dependent on you. You only have to take care of yourself.

Nope that’s not how life works.
Edit: in reference to employment. We are all equal.

Most people have children but not all spawners play it up and act like ****ing martyrs every time they come into work. No one forced some preggo to spread her legs. They shouldn't get special treatment. Pregnancy is a joy, not a disability where you should get 3-6 months of leave per pop

Your choice, your burden. LMAO

1608689269916.png

• Haha
You said it yourself, pregnant people and people with kids get preferential treatment. So yeah, that's how life works.
Just because it happens doesn’t mean it should happen. When I am hired I am hired to do the same job as another person. Unless you file for intermittent work with FMLA you have to work the same as other people do, regardless of how many kids you managed to pop out of your cooch.

Just because it happens doesn’t mean it should happen. When I am hired I am hired to do the same job as another person. Unless you file for intermittent work with FMLA you have to work the same as other people do, regardless of how many kids you managed to pop out of your cooch.

Well maybe you can start a movement for singles against parents in the workplace, see how that works out for ya.

I mean if you don’t know what it’s like to have a partnership between you and your staff pharmacist I’m not sure what I can say to you? You’re basically supposed to have each others’ back. So I tell her no, then she gets pissy, she says no to me. We stop helping each other out and next thing you know there’s a ton of animosity. That’s a horrible work environment. On top of that there is the very real issue that if she calls in sick or requests off they’ll put in an awful floater who will mess everything up and it’ll take a week or more to get caught up. At that point it’s just better to bite the bullet and say you’ll work.

I have been doing this for a while and have never run into this issue. If I need to get my shift covered, I just call floaters (I have good relationship with bunch of floaters). I don’t rely on my partners. Some posters above make it seem like they let their partners dictate their schedule which seems pretty silly to me.

I am not saying you shouldn’t help out your partners; what I am saying is you aren’t obligated. I would help out if I can but have no problem saying no if it’s not convenient for me.

As for what happens to store while floaters are working, it’s not my problem. I give my 100% while I am at work but I am not married to my work. I could care less.

As for what happens to store while floaters are working, it’s not my problem. I give my 100% while I am at work but I am not married to my work. I could care less.

Exactly. I don't even think about work when I'm not at work. I don't care what happens when I'm not there. Once I clock out, I live my life. People without kids, like the disgruntled people above, tend to stress about work when they're not working.

Well maybe you can start a movement for singles against parents in the workplace, see how that works out for ya.
Or we could all behave like people and not screw each other over? No, that seems to be too hard. Sadly little Timmy’s baseball game is earth shattering and far supersedes anything anyone else coukd be doing with their life.

• Love
TBH why should the staff pharmacist care more about this store than perpetual preggo with no sense of duty.

Again the DM would never let the "manager" stay in her position if it were not for FMLA/FCRA but the DM's hands are tied.

I have been doing this for a while and have never run into this issue. If I need to get my shift covered, I just call floaters (I have good relationship with bunch of floaters). I don’t rely on my partners. Some posters above make it seem like they let their partners dictate their schedule which seems pretty silly to me.

I am not saying you shouldn’t help out your partners; what I am saying is you aren’t obligated. I would help out if I can but have no problem saying no if it’s not convenient for me.

That’s not the point. I don’t give a rats behind what happens during a floater shift but when they leave a mess or do stuff wrong — god forbid regulatory stuff — thats going to fall on ME on my next shift. I had a floater who used to put stuff on hold they didn’t want to fill. Guess who got yelled at? Not the floater, but me on my next shift when the patient comes in and it’s not ready for them. I have enough to do in the day to not have to worry about cleaning up someone else’s mess. This doesn’t even get into stuff like leaving a lot in the queue for the next day. I don’t let my partner dictate my schedule and I’ve never changed my plans to help her out but it’s not about that.

Exactly. I don't even think about work when I'm not at work. I don't care what happens when I'm not there. Once I clock out, I live my life. People without kids, like the disgruntled people above, tend to stress about work when they're not working.
I don’t stress about work when I’m not working. I have plenty of hobbies and life activities I have to enrich my life. Sorry I want my shifts to not be miserable? That must make me a horrible person!

I don’t stress about work when I’m not working. I have plenty of hobbies and life activities I have to enrich my life. Sorry I want my shifts to not be miserable? That must make me a horrible person!

You sound pretty stressed.

You sound pretty stressed.
Thanks for your concern but I’m not. I’m currently drinking a glass of hot cocoa and enjoying a murder mystery. Parent pharmacists are just a huge pet peeve of mine.

TBH why should the staff pharmacist care more about this store than perpetual preggo with no sense of duty.

Again the DM would never let the "manager" stay in her position if it were not for FMLA/FCRA but the DM's hands are tied.
They should follow the attendance policy they set for. 1 point for every call off, 9 in a year is termination. Or if you keep calling off you can’t be full time so you can’t be a PM.