CVS Hub Pharmacist template

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol I don’t really understand what people are arguing above. It’s arguing for the sake of arguing. Has turned into meaningless thread.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Every profession has parents.
Let me broaden it then — parents are a pet peeve of mine. I don’t work in other professions, only pharmacy. Ergo, parent pharmacists are a pet peeve of mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, another person without kids.

I'm sure that person strategically planned her pregnancies to steal from the pharmacy. Totally makes sense to support two kids for 18+ years each in order to gain two years worth of pharmacist income!
Oh, she definitely gamed the system. She definitely "wanted" kids, but it's nice to get paid for having a full time MANAGERIAL position when you're never there because you're popping them out non stop. 4 out of 24 months? Come on. You think that's reasonable? Only someone WITH kids would believe that is ok, since the world is expected to revolve around you. Meanwhile, I worked constant, frequently unpaid overtime, was manager per se without the bonus or inflated salary and ALL of the responsibility. Neglecting my OWN family for the sake of hers. But that's ok....I don't have kids. Only a person WITH kids would think THAT is reasonable. Do you see a trend here? See if you think its fair if you're ever on the receiving end of that situation.... But then again, the world does revolve around those with kids, but only those of us without can see it. Entitled much?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Let me broaden it then — parents are a pet peeve of mine. I don’t work in other professions, only pharmacy. Ergo, parent pharmacists are a pet peeve of mine.
Malicious.....I would DOUBLE LIKE all of your posts if it would let me. You know my pain....

• Care
I think we should demote you from your position of Charles Darwin fan club president.

You were just surviving. She was living it up.

Yeah, but Darwin was (is) all about survival. Would have lost my job had I not played along..... I survived! Pure Darwin!

Oh, she definitely gamed the system. She definitely "wanted" kids, but it's nice to get paid for having a full time MANAGERIAL position when you're never there because you're popping them out non stop. 4 out of 24 months? Come on. You think that's reasonable? Only someone WITH kids would believe that is ok, since the world is expected to revolve around you. Meanwhile, I worked constant, frequently unpaid overtime, was manager per se without the bonus or inflated salary and ALL of the responsibility. Neglecting my OWN family for the sake of hers. But that's ok....I don't have kids. Only a person WITH kids would think THAT is reasonable. Do you see a trend here? See if you think its fair if you're ever on the receiving end of that situation.... But then again, the world does revolve around those with kids, but only those of us without can see it. Entitled much?
I wish they could put parents with other parents only in one store. Let’s see how excited they are when Brayleigh has a piano lesson and their partner’s child Camdeign has explosive diarrhea and someone has to make the sacrifice for the other person and miss out. One of my friends is a PM at another store and is childfree like me and we constantly talk about how we wish we could work together. No more bs texts about not getting enough sleep the night before so they can’t work the whole day 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah. I made the conscious choice not to sire a brood of hellspawn. Why should I have to go out of my way to accommodate someone else for having them? Like being a parent is some big accomplishment. Anyone can breed. If you don't believe that, watch one of those teenage pregnancy shows. I just don't get how that entitles you to special treatment at the expense of someone else.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Meanwhile, I worked constant, frequently unpaid overtime

LoL why would anyone work unpaid overtime? That's on you bro. As you say, that's your own conscious choice LMAO. Don't blame someone's kids cause you chose to work for free. Give a mouse a cookie and they'll ask for a glass of milk.

But then again, the world does revolve around those with kids, but only those of us without can see it. Entitled much?

Yet here we are, 2 pages deep because OP started a "me me me" thread to complain about parents. How many threads are there from parents complaining about singles?

Last edited:

So your own parents are a pet peeve of yours too?

Pharmacy is one of the most popular professions for future parents. More females than males. No one forced you to be in this profession, that's on you.

This article is around 20 years old.

"I can leave the profession if I had a child and wanted to step out for five years. It would be very easy for me to leave my job and then have no trouble at finding another job when I wanted to go back to it, even though I’ve been gone for five years."

What future parents wouldn't be attracted to pharmacy after reading an article like that? The American dream for many girls is to get married and have kids. Just about every female classmate I know has kids by now. If you did your research before you became a pharmacist then you would have known.

You single people are so funny. "The world only revolves around people's kids not me" yet you guys have like 50 posts about yourselves. Keep whining it's quite entertaining!

Last edited:
  • Love
Not single. Just smart. And never said I wasn't selfish. At least I'm honest. Just never got bitten by the Daddy bug. And sadly, while would be mommies may make up the bulk of those entering the profession, they generally have VERY short careers since suddenly the time requirements of pharmacy aren't very appealing when they interfere with the demands of mommyhood. Most of the females I know who had kids as a pharmacist lasted less than 5 years in the profession. Many bailed after their FIRST maternity leave. A few attempted floater jobs. But corporate knew they couldn't be flexible enough to be useful in any meaningful way so for the most part HR tried to avoid them.

• Dislike
  • Love
And that "career flexibility" nonsense for women wanting kids is LONG GONE. Those leaving the profession for a few years might as well kiss their career goodbye today. This is another aspect of the "good old days" that is gone and never to return.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacy is one of the most popular professions for future parents. More females than males. No one forced you to be in this profession, that's on you.
That might have been true. In 1985.

How many threads are there from parents complaining about singles?
What is there to complain about with singles? How we are always covering shifts and pulling the slack? Yeah that must be terrible to deal with all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
What is there to complain about with singles? How we are always covering shifts and pulling the slack? Yeah that must be terrible to deal with all the time.

Do you really have to cover shifts? It's rare to have available shifts where I work. There's so many prn staff and they don't have to pay overtime. Just about everyone is a parent and wants the overtime when offered.

Hmmm sounds like an interesting science experiment....all singles RPh in one store (only allowed to use single floaters), all new parent RPh in another store (only allowed to use new parent floaters). God damn, I'd love to see that **** show and the statistics.

Why isn't my antibiotic from 3 days ago filled yet? Because little Suzy threw up and RPh spent 3 hours on phone with scheduler and 3 hours with District Leader trying to get coverage but little Timmy had a baseball game and little Kaylee has daycare....(goes on...)

Just saying, the Techs certainly notice too...which RPh spend an exorbitant amount of time and effort getting out of work (always during their work shift) vs those who do not...kind of makes you think like RPh set the tone for techs calling out

Let's be honest though, new parent RPh run store wouldn't even have the chance to open because no one would be able to agree upon any template schedule (constant bitching and "me, me, me" disguised as being selfless using children as a sheild)

Last edited:
  • Dislike

"I can leave the profession if I had a child and wanted to step out for five years. It would be very easy for me to leave my job and then have no trouble at finding another job when I wanted to go back to it, even though I’ve been gone for five years."

What future parents wouldn't be attracted to pharmacy after reading an article like that? The American dream for many girls is to get married and have kids. Just about every female classmate I know has kids by now. If you did your research before you became a pharmacist then you would have known.

You single people are so funny. "The world only revolves around people's kids not me" yet you guys have like 50 posts about yourselves. Keep whining it's quite entertaining!

You quoted an interview where the hospital pharmacist said she makes $97,000 a year. This interview was like in 2000?

LOL @ saying in 2020 "It would be very easy for me to leave my job and then have no trouble at finding another job when I wanted to go back to it, even though I’ve been gone for five years."

The real issue is that OP has a ****ty "manager" and the manager's behavior and life choices are subsidized/incentivized by the state because muh family rights.

I've had 2 pharmacists and 4 techs take leave for extended periods of time for pregnancy leave/bonding leave over the yrs but none of them were so narcissistic to keep popping out kids like this "manager"

Hmmm sounds like an interesting science experiment....all singles RPh in one store (only allowed to use single floaters), all new parent RPh in another store (only allowed to use new parent floaters). God damn, I'd love to see that **** show and the statistics.

Why isn't my antibiotic from 3 days ago filled yet? Because little Suzy threw up and RPh spent 3 hours on phone with scheduler and 3 hours with District Leader trying to get coverage but little Timmy had a baseball game and little Kaylee has daycare....(goes on...)

Just saying, the Techs certainly notice too...which RPh spend an exorbitant amount of time and effort getting out of work (always during their work shift) vs those who do not...kind of makes you think like RPh set the tone for techs calling out

Let's be honest though, new parent RPh run store wouldn't even have the chance to open because no one would be able to agree upon any template schedule (constant bitching and "me, me, me" disguised as being selfless using children as a sheild)

The CVS store where I worked was staffed with all parents and it was fine. They were all better than the floaters with no kids.

• Okay...
LoL why would anyone work unpaid overtime? That's on you bro. As you say, that's your own conscious choice LMAO. Don't blame someone's kids cause you chose to work for free. Give a mouse a cookie and they'll ask for a glass of milk.

Yet here we are, 2 pages deep because OP started a "me me me" thread to complain about parents. How many threads are there from parents complaining about singles?
I made a thread asking for help on making schedule templates. You people decided to come on my thread and trash me/other people who don’t have kids because you think the world revolves around you and your offspring. Of course I’m going to respond in kind. That’s on you.

• Wow
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 4 users

I lived in a multi generational household so had other older family members taking care of me. My dad never took time off for me being sick. My mom worked part time and also never took time off for me being sick or for activities or whatever. If the activities fell on days they were working, it was tough ****. You missed it.

And yeah, I guess it’s my bad I didn’t google “why are parents dinguses to their coworkers?”. That’s my bad. I never considered the fact that I would be reliant or have to deal with such childish antics in the workplace. I’ll take blame on that.

Do you really have to cover shifts? It's rare to have available shifts where I work. There's so many prn staff and they don't have to pay overtime. Just about everyone is a parent and wants the overtime when offered.
I can confirm that through my PM’s last pregnancy I covered no less than 2 dozen shifts her. I’m also including times she was “too tired” so I came in hours early to relieve her. frankly it’s probably way more than that but I stopped counting after a while. I can’t speak for other stores as I’m not signed up for the list to pick up extra shifts but I know a lot of people call in sick all the time Bc my scheduler complains about it.

I’m not even going to limit it that far. But if you have kids of any age you should all be in one store together. When you start trying for kids - off to a parent store you go. But yeah me and my techs would always talk about my PM calling off. Luckily I have amazing techs who pride themselves in their work and only call in sick when they’re like, dying but my lead tech did teach my PM a lesson and called off on her like 15 min before her shift on a day when it was just the two of them so my PM was alone.

I made a thread asking for help on making schedule templates. You people decided to come on my thread and trash me/other people who don’t have kids because you think the world revolves around you and your offspring. Of course I’m going to respond in kind. That’s on you.

Welcome to SDN where threads go off topic! You could have just asked for help without the passive aggressive "yet another kid" comment. That's on you bro! 😃

I’m not even going to limit it that far. But if you have kids of any age you should all be in one store together. When you start trying for kids - off to a parent store you go. But yeah me and my techs would always talk about my PM calling off. Luckily I have amazing techs who pride themselves in their work and only call in sick when they’re like, dying but my lead tech did teach my PM a lesson and called off on her like 15 min before her shift on a day when it was just the two of them so my PM was alone.

My store had 6 pharmacists and we all had kids, what's the big deal? Some stores only have 2 pharmacists, easy enough to find one where both are parents.

Welcome to SDN where threads go off topic! You could have just asked for help without the passive aggressive "yet another kid" comment. That's on you bro! 😃
Again, you are missing the point...what disgusts us is the sense of entitlement, lack of work ethic/accountability, and disregard for other co-workers. Creates an environment where techs feel ok to call out on any whim. If commitment to family is that important to you, maybe not trying to bite off more than you can chew (take part time or floater roles) would be much more considerate to us non-breeders for having to pick up the slack constantly

Sincerely, your chooses to be single/non-breeder pal who could really go for a new set of adrenal glands right about now after having to bust my @$$ constantly so little Jimmy and little Suzy can go to church and you can attend a dance recital

P.S. Your time is not more important than us non breeders

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Inappropriate
Reactions: 6 users
Uhhh I have no issue with it going off topic? You’re the one who made a comment about how this is just a thread about bashing parents. And if you’re so far superior to me, then you should have been the bigger person and not commented on my “passive aggressive” comment.

Again, you are missing the point...what disgusts us is the sense of entitlement, lack of work ethic/accountability, and disregard for other co-workers. Creates an environment where techs feel ok to call out on any whim. If commitment to family is that important to you, maybe not trying to bite off more than you can chew (take part time or floater roles) would be much more considerate to us non-breeders for having to pick up the slack constantly

Sincerely, your chooses to be single/non-breeder pal who could really go for a new set of adrenal glands right about now after having to bust my @$$ constantly so little Jimmy and little Suzy can go to church and you can attend a dance recital

P.S. Your time is not more important than us non breeders

Don't you work overnight like me? Are you saying you have to cover your day crew's shifts all the time? So are you working like 24 hours straight or what?

• Haha
My store had 6 pharmacists and we all had kids, what's the big deal? Some stores only have 2 pharmacists, easy enough to find one where both are parents.
The point is everyone should be parents at the store or everyone not because parents take advantage of non parents or assume their needs are non existent because they don’t have kids.

The point is everyone should be parents at the store or everyone not because parents take advantage of non parents or assume their needs are non existent because they don’t have kids.

Yeah... all 6 of us pharmacists were parents.

There's literally thousands of pharmacies where every pharmacist is a parent LoL.

Last edited:
The worst part is- some of these mommies to be were actually decent pharmacists B.K. (before kids). A.K. they became too terminally preoccupied to function in any useful manner. Too busy with planning and attending parentconferencesdancerecitalssportsgamesadnauseum and posting about their **** on social media, usually WHILE they were supposed to be working. It's as if they give you some crown or something when you pop that first kid out and tell you that you are now exempt from any corporate scrutiny because you have procreated. I just don't get it and I guess I never will.

Recently took over as PM at my store while my manager is off having yet another kid. I have a new staff RPh and I’m trying to have both of us be on the template so I have to do less edits. It’s California and hourly pharmacists if that makes any difference. I have the rotation on 2 and both schedules are in the store template. Yet when I am making the schedules for 2021 only I am showing up. Not sure if anyone on here can help? People in my district are useless or straight up don’t wanna help.
When did you make the templates? Sometimes it won't show up on the schedule until the next week. Other than that it sounds like you're doing everything right. Sometimes the scheduling system is just wonky. But IMO it's still better than the old system.

For what it's worth, I had a template for someone Mon-Thu but for some reason, the Monday shift would always generate on the schedule on Sunday. Even though the shift was locked to Monday. This kept happening for maybe 3 weeks before it corrected itself automatically. So give it time, it'll probably start working eventually.

Don't you work overnight like me? Are you saying you have to cover your day crew's shifts all the time? So are you working like 24 hours straight or what?
Kind of thought it was obvious I'm no longer overnight from looking at my signature...
1608820522248.png

Last edited:
When did you make the templates? Sometimes it won't show up on the schedule until the next week. Other than that it sounds like you're doing everything right. Sometimes the scheduling system is just wonky. But IMO it's still better than the old system.

For what it's worth, I had a template for someone Mon-Thu but for some reason, the Monday shift would always generate on the schedule on Sunday. Even though the shift was locked to Monday. This kept happening for maybe 3 weeks before it corrected itself automatically. So give it time, it'll probably start working eventually.
I made the template about a week ago. Will wait and see! Maybe because of the switch from 2020 to 2021. Thank you for the vote of confidence 😊😊

The worst part is- some of these mommies to be were actually decent pharmacists B.K. (before kids). A.K. they became too terminally preoccupied to function in any useful manner. Too busy with planning and attending parentconferencesdancerecitalssportsgamesadnauseum and posting about their **** on social media, usually WHILE they were supposed to be working. It's as if they give you some crown or something when you pop that first kid out and tell you that you are now exempt from any corporate scrutiny because you have procreated. I just don't get it and I guess I never will.
Oh man I was just talking to my old PM from when I was an intern just recently and she has since stepped down and works about once every few months. She has had 2 kids (thus prompting her to step down) and she used to be fast as HELL but now says she is super out of the loop and slow and said “well that was another life, pharmacy was priority but now kids are my priority”. It’s a damn shame because she was so good. Our store was consistently #1 in the district, often in the region. She won the paragon multiple times.

I don’t agree with her decision but I respect the hell out of her for being able to recognize she could not be a quality pharmacy manager and mom. There’s absolutely no reason you should be in charge of **** if it’s not a priority in your life.

How does that negate what I said?

Everyone at my store was a parent just like you wished for.

You guys are so funny! You have no one to blame but yourselves for becoming pharmacists. If you didn't want to work in a store with other co-workers then you should've gotten an office job where you work alone!

Just want @mentos to acknowledge/admit that breeders' time is not more valuable than us non breeders' time. Eat you a piece of humble pie 🥧

*All I want for this commercial/BS holiday, LOL

Nope sorry. What's so important that you need to do when you get home? Work out, play video games, watch Netflix? These are wants, not needs.

One of you blames other people's kids because you chose to work unpaid overtime, LMAO! Talk about grasping for straws! Don't blame other people for something you chose to do on your own. Is it even legal to work off the clock? I don't think it is!

I love how you guys keep saying "you you you" to me as if I have anything to do with your coworkers too. I don't even work in retail and I work overnight so my schedule never changes because of my kids! I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next 6 years or so, I'm not complaining or trying to blame others! LoL.

Last edited:
"if you don't want to be a part of human society just KYS"

Being a parent doesn't make you a bad staff/manager, it's being selfish about your situation that makes you bad.

I worked in a store as the only one without kids and both the other RPH were amazing and we always were flexible with each other.

My first store as PM my staff RPH had a younger child and a stay at home significant other. I let them choose their weekend off in the rotation and they still constantly asked me to cover their weekends, but always had weird stipulations on paying me back for it. I shut that down within a few months, but it just shows that some people are terrible with or without kids.

*Intentional Double Post*

Your DM needs to step up if this is a constant issue. FMLA guarantees an equivalent job upon your return, not the same exact store. If your PM is really that bad the DM needs to place her in a dumpster fire store, far from her home, and she will ship up or ship out.

Being a parent doesn't make you a bad staff/manager, it's being selfish about your situation that makes you bad.

I worked in a store as the only one without kids and both the other RPH were amazing and we always were flexible with each other.

My first store as PM my staff RPH had a younger child and a stay at home significant other. I let them choose their weekend off in the rotation and they still constantly asked me to cover their weekends, but always had weird stipulations on paying me back for it. I shut that down within a few months, but it just shows that some people are terrible with or without kids.

Exactly! Finally, a voice of reason here! These guys make it sound like every parent is at fault for whatever it is they're complaining about, like working off the clock!

Actually, what's funny is that people are honing in on 3 little words "yet another kid"

What you have to do is a setup similar to what we had when I worked in the hospital. If you want a day off or a weekend off, you get it no questions asked. I'll switch with you. But I get to return the favor someday. If you say no then I'll never switch weekends with you ever again. I did that to a few people! They wanted off so I worked for them but never returned the favor when I wanted it. So when time came for a family member wedding or birthday? Sorry. You knew the rules. I'm not switching :)

If you disrespect the Law of Surprise you disrespect destiny itself

Actually, what's funny is that people are honing in on 3 little words "yet another kid"

I'm not complaining, it's made for an entertaining thread!

Its nice to see the varied opinions even if I/you/we vehemently disagree with some of them.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any popular threads about pharmacists going on Covid19 leave for an extended time. There's been a few in my area who've been on leave since the early summer that magically aren't afraid anymore starting this February (you know while the infection rate is at its highest). The leave certainly is not because they wanted to have summer vacation and the holidays off while missing flu season and insurance hell.

Nope sorry. What's so important that you need to do when you get home? Work out, play video games, watch Netflix? These are wants, not needs.

One of you blames other people's kids because you chose to work unpaid overtime, LMAO! Talk about grasping for straws! Don't blame other people for something you chose to do on your own. Is it even legal to work off the clock? I don't think it is!

I love how you guys keep saying "you you you" to me as if I have anything to do with your coworkers too. I don't even work in retail and I work overnight so my schedule never changes because of my kids! I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next 6 years or so, I'm not complaining or trying to blame others! LoL.

Wait. You are telling other people what's important and what's not. That is great but why should your kids be important to them. Their priorities are their priorities. If you are on the clock, if you are on schedule, do the work instead of checking videos of your kids or planning other things.

Maternity or paternity leave is a law. Need or want stuff is their business.