CVS Intern Termination

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minimango

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently told that I "fell out of the system" because I haven't worked in a long time. This means I was terminated/separated from the company. However, I was told that I am eligible for a rehire. I am currently in my fourth year and now I'm worried that this will affect my employment in the future (on applications when they ask if you've ever been terminated). Will this have an effect on my future jobs? I am also interested in applying for residency so I thought it would be best not to reapply. For job apps, would it be best to be honest and check that box where it asks if you've ever been terminated? I've also heard that many interns are "terminated" when they don't except the company's offer. Has anyone been in this situation and how have you explained that in other job apps? Any advice for any of the questions above? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would not say you were terminated. Just quit to focus on school. Eligible for rehire is a good thing.

I was recently told that I "fell out of the system" because I haven't worked in a long time. This means I was terminated/separated from the company. However, I was told that I am eligible for a rehire. I am currently in my fourth year and now I'm worried that this will affect my employment in the future (on applications when they ask if you've ever been terminated). Will this have an effect on my future jobs? I am also interested in applying for residency so I thought it would be best not to reapply. For job apps, would it be best to be honest and check that box where it asks if you've ever been terminated? I've also heard that many interns are "terminated" when they don't except the company's offer. Has anyone been in this situation and how have you explained that in other job apps? Any advice for any of the questions above? Thanks!

That is not a termination for cause, simply a separation from the company (the same as if you had quit) so don't worry about it and you don't really even need to address it unless asked.

Reactions: 1 user
For all practical purposes you quit.

Just wondering though.... how long does it take? I feel like I'm pushing close to that limit sometimes