CVS managers who behave badly thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Know any CVS managers who are behaving badly? This thread is for you!

Here is the Jay Barefoot's email:

ImageUploadedBySDN1495992176.127920.jpg

His LinkedIn page indicates he is still working for CVS (probably got a nice raise):

ImageUploadedBySDN1495992301.703838.jpg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-barefoot-b5528b42

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

View attachment 219607

His LinkedIn page indicates he is still working for CVS (probably got a nice raise):

View attachment 219608

I have my district manager writing us up for going over on tech hours or losing too many techs. I can't stand these corporate toolbags.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What a tool bag, hahah. Little dick man-child who probably jerks off to these types of emails.

Reactions: 6 users
Instead of figuring out why customers are complaining and how to provide solutions, he's making the problem worse by creating an even more demoralizing work environment... I'm sure that's going to work out super great. Good luck retaining any kind of decent talent with that kind of "management" style. How does someone this clueless become a district manager?

Reactions: 12 users
I have my district manager writing us up for going over on tech hours or losing too many techs. I can't stand these corporate toolbags.
Write ups for losing techs? Good lord, what do they expect with how they run their business? They don't pay techs well enough to stick around long term.

Reactions: 1 users
CVS is already a toxic environment this just adds more fuel to the fire he is gonna have a bad time when all his stores are fun by new grads who don't respect him and end up having a new staff every month if he actually follows through on this "action plan". CVS never seems to amaze me haha.

Who is this tool? Does he have a LinkedIn page?

Write ups for losing techs? Good lord, what do they expect with how they run their business? They don't pay techs well enough to stick around long term.

Yeah man I got 2 write ups in 2 months first one was for losing techs and they worded it as "failure to build a strong team and work environment" and the second write up was for "Having my store drop from number 2 in the district to almost last" which was due to losing all my techs at the beginning of the year. That was about when I started job hunting hardcore and pretty much out the door already....and now they are writing up stores and having unpaid meetings for stores who go over on hours...my store went over this week by 2 hours due to having a write up counseling session that I had to schedule a technician to come in and do and now my sup wants a reason why I am over on hours.....it is kind of ridiculous.....

Who is this tool? Does he have a LinkedIn page?

I rather not give myself away by posting her profile up but she is pretty much the most inhumane human being I've ever spoken too and dishonest too....it's like talking to a constant liar and shes so good at lying I think she has started to believe her own corporate crap....also don't forget the fact that she chain smokes cigarettes right outside the store way to go CVS HEALTH

I rather not give myself away by posting her profile up but she is pretty much the most inhumane human being I've ever spoken too and dishonest too....it's like talking to a constant liar and shes so good at lying I think she has started to believe her own corporate crap....also don't forget the fact that she chain smokes cigarettes right outside the store way to go CVS HEALTH

All due respect, this is why CVS gets away with it. We all need to speak up. I get it..you don't want to burn any bridges but would you ever go back?

If the public knows how CVS treats their pharmacists and techs and the pressure they are under, they would think twice about getting their meds at CVS.

Does anyone know what the "SSS" is that he refers to?

Yeah man I got 2 write ups in 2 months first one was for losing techs and they worded it as "failure to build a strong team and work environment" and the second write up was for "Having my store drop from number 2 in the district to almost last" which was due to losing all my techs at the beginning of the year. That was about when I started job hunting hardcore and pretty much out the door already....and now they are writing up stores and having unpaid meetings for stores who go over on hours...my store went over this week by 2 hours due to having a write up counseling session that I had to schedule a technician to come in and do and now my sup wants a reason why I am over on hours.....it is kind of ridiculous.....
You have to work for free. That's in the job description for CVS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the "SSS" is that he refers to?

It is what they called the results of the service surveys before it became mycustomer

You have to work for free. That's in the job description for CVS.

You already know that is the CVS manager tools motto to make us go to ridiculous meetings they give us one week notice on...... and don't forget you must switch with your partner then head to the store and not even get paid for the meeting. What else would I rather be doing on my days off or even my days on.... but to drive an hour to the district office for a meeting that could've been discussed in an email or conference call.....

This email is not new. It was,i believe,sent 3 years ago. We talked about it before. Sad part he still has his job

One word of warning i'm going to throw out there for my fellow current CVS pharmacist, be ready for a new wave of bs metrics known as 10 minute waiters and 40% of your prescriptions must be waiters....it is a pilot they are running right now and will go live soon. Get ready for a new heap of hurting and bs metrics in the world of CVS....Get out now before it is too late! Also threats of being written up are being thrown out to stores who are under 20% waiters in my district for now following through on the pilot....Patient safety really is the last concern...My district manager actually compared our drive thru to chik fil a and mcdonalds the other day saying we must be efficient like them at drive thru....took all my power not to laugh at that *****.

wow, sounds like they are working people to the bone. Everyone must know that customer satisfaction scores and metrics are low because of staffing issues, right? Theres only so efficient a team can be in meeting higher and higher expectations. Perhaps some people compensated by working alot of unpaid hours, and now that amount of work has become standard.

One word of warning i'm going to throw out there for my fellow current CVS pharmacist, be ready for a new wave of bs metrics known as 10 minute waiters and 40% of your prescriptions must be waiters....it is a pilot they are running right now and will go live soon. Get ready for a new heap of hurting and bs metrics in the world of CVS....Get out now before it is too late! Also threats of being written up are being thrown out to stores who are under 20% waiters in my district for now following through on the pilot....Patient safety really is the last concern...My district manager actually compared our drive thru to chik fil a and mcdonalds the other day saying we must be efficient like them at drive thru....took all my power not to laugh at that *****.

The boards of pharmacy need to step in if CVS is going to start pushing "10 minute waiters." What is wrong with the management at CVS? They've pioneered almost every disgusting metric or management style that you see in retail.

The boards of pharmacy need to step in if CVS is going to start pushing "10 minute waiters." What is wrong with the management at CVS? They've pioneered almost every disgusting metric or management style that you see in retail.

Don't forget 40% of any dropped or prescription must be a waiter and yes that includes narcotics..... welcome to mcpharmacy how may I serve you

I wish the BOP's cared enough about patient safety but sadly they are the ostrich with their head in the sand. Comparing drive thru's....smh

another waiter metric?
No, Why? WHY? WHY????

I'm gonna send that letter to the NY Times. Thanks guys.

Reactions: 8 users
Customer service is directly related to morale. This email is probably the most effective way to kill morale. This guy knows nothing about managing staff.

Why do they want 40% of scripts to be waiters? This makes no sense at all. I thought they wanted everyone to be on ReadyFill.

Why do they want 40% of scripts to be waiters? This makes no sense at all. I thought they wanted everyone to be on ReadyFill.

The explanation the toolbag management gave me was that they conducted a survey and this is what people wanted and that it will improve customer service lol....have they forgotten what pharmacist do?

The explanation the toolbag management gave me was that they conducted a survey and this is what people wanted and that it will improve customer service lol....have they forgotten what pharmacist do?

The majority of scripts are sent eRx. How the hell are there going to be 40% waiters? Is it just counting the ones dropped off? If it's just those, I don't really see the issue. About half of the people dropping off in person want to wait already. But if it's 40% of all Rxs, lol, no. Thank God I work night shift. I might could actually pull that off.

Is it even legal to force employees to attend unpaid meetings?

Reactions: 1 users
The majority of scripts are sent eRx. How the hell are there going to be 40% waiters? Is it just counting the ones dropped off? If it's just those, I don't really see the issue. About half of the people dropping off in person want to wait already. But if it's 40% of all Rxs, lol, no. Thank God I work night shift. I might could actually pull that off.

Yeah it's only the ones dropped off but in a store that does 2200-2500 a week with only 1 or 2 techs getting 40% is tough or nearly impossible because I'm constantly at drive thru or pickup or consultation and then like 10 scripts get dropped off and they all have to be waiters let's say my ready when promised time has dropped from a 100% to 80% lol and I don't even care and we are still not hitting the 40% mark cause my staff pharmacist apparently doesn't do it

its unethical, but no one dares to call the anonymous Ethics Hotline.. they rather put up with it..

Federal law (FLSA) it's definitely not legal. Meetings are work, period. If you compel your non-exempt staff to attend, you must pay them. I would have said it's a California thing, but I just verified it is not (we do mandate OT > 8 hours in one day unless covered by an AWS).

its unethical, but no one dares to call the anonymous Ethics Hotline.. they rather put up with it..

Not just unethical, it's straight up illegal. You don't even need to call any phantom ethics hotline, just inform your state's labor board/entity and let them run with it (state dependent, but it's definitely not legal).

Not just unethical, it's straight up illegal. You don't even need to call any phantom ethics hotline, just inform your state's labor board/entity and let them run with it (state dependent, but it's definitely not legal).

usually any complaints to the labor department are trashed. they don't investigate anything. if u read the news on Wells Fargo scandal, the labor department didn't do jack to the complaints they received.

View attachment 219607
View attachment 219608

LMAO I just called CVS's corporate line to make a complaint about Jay himself.

I wonder if he's going to stick to the zero tolerance policy and resign?

Reactions: 9 users
Federal law (FLSA) it's definitely not legal. Meetings are work, period. If you compel your non-exempt staff to attend, you must pay them. I would have said it's a California thing, but I just verified it is not (we do mandate OT > 8 hours in one day unless covered by an AWS).
In my experience only the exempt employees had to attend the meetings. Obviously other people might have different experiences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

wow i feel so much better at walg, i just show up, work hard, and leave no bs from dm's making life a living hell

Instead of figuring out why customers are complaining and how to provide solutions, he's making the problem worse by creating an even more demoralizing work environment... I'm sure that's going to work out super great. Good luck retaining any kind of decent talent with that kind of "management" style. How does someone this clueless become a district manager?

It all starts with being a pharmacy manager. Twisting your question a bit, how does someone with a clue ever volunteer to be a pharmacy manager without ulterior motives?

(In the case of your own employment, @giga, to understand why certain people never trade a leaf for an eagle. Where do think the term "bird flu" comes from?)

Customer service is directly related to morale. This email is probably the most effective way to kill morale. This guy knows nothing about managing staff.

You'd be surprised. In my experience, it's fairly incredible what some people will do for a paycheck, and it's why you should never need the job more than the job needs you. Is this job worth quitting over if you have 20 years in? Most are just going to roll over in the short-term. Managers like this just get short-term results, then promote and move and spread the toxicity elsewhere and leave the real problem for the successor to deal with. It takes quite a bit for morale to start showing up in the results, and by that time, the toxic manager has moved on. An employee generally waits this person out. As for the toxic manager, it's a gamble to better numbers or termination. It goes both ways.

saw this on a facebook post back in 2014

But 40% waiter, thats crazy. Watch the it all turn red. Then that metric dont work out.
Then mistakes happens because you have to be in a rush without properly checking. Then more complaints because of mistakes.
What a vicious cycle

Yeah its crazy.....but I had a quick questions from my fellow cvs Pharmacist how do I submit a personal leave of absence do I have to call HR or can I just submit it on myhr?

LOL @ you guys thinking the state board of pharmacy needs to get involved. Puh leez. The top executive of my state's BOP said on record that she has not seen any evidence that pharmacies use metrics to pressure pharmacists into filling a certain amount of prescriptions.

Granted this e-mail came out when I was still like a second year in pharmacy school - but it seemed like common sense
.My district manager actually compared our drive thru to chik fil a and mcdonalds the other day saying we must be efficient like them at drive thru....took all my power not to laugh at that *****.

You staff me like a Chick Fil A, I'll be efficient like a Chick Fil A. CFA has one person at input, one person at the drive thru window, and at least three people doing order prep during the busy time.

LOL @ you guys thinking the state board of pharmacy needs to get involved. Puh leez. The top executive of my state's BOP said on record that she has not seen any evidence that pharmacies use metrics to pressure pharmacists into filling a certain amount of prescriptions.

Ah, The State Board of Pharmacy™, brought to you by WalVS Aid.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah its crazy.....but I had a quick questions from my fellow cvs Pharmacist how do I submit a personal leave of absence do I have to call HR or can I just submit it on myhr?

Forget this whole LOA thing. You need paperwork from your doctor, it will get denied. They will pay out your vacation when you leave. Call out sick a couple times if you can't get PTO approved.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When I worked night, everyone was a waiter after 12am. Type, print, count, check, and ring them out. So easy.

I've called it. Puts the fear of god into the DM.