CVS managers who behave badly thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so glad I left that heinous corporation. I honestly believe that CVS is one of the main catalyst that has caused our profession to go down hill.
My friends that are employed by CVS refer themselves as Burger King managers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Forget this whole LOA thing. You need paperwork from your doctor, it will get denied. They will pay out your vacation when you leave. Call out sick a couple times if you can't get PTO approved.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just found out they have yet another meeting in June that's unpaid that will make 7 meetings unpaid just this year....

Last edited:
Looks like my supervisor just announced another unpaid meeting for June 6 yup less then a 5 day warning that makes one meet on June 6 and another on June 12....thank god im getting out of there they are getting out of hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like my supervisor just announced another unpaid meeting for June 6 yup less then a 5 day warning that makes one meet on June 6 and another on June 12....thank god im getting out of there they are getting out of hand.
Weekly staff conference calls and MPCO class for pharmacies not meeting target. Conference calls at 9PM for not making service. Put my two weeks in a couple days ago.

Reactions: 2 users
It all starts with being a pharmacy manager. Twisting your question a bit, how does someone with a clue ever volunteer to be a pharmacy manager without ulterior motives?

(In the case of your own employment, @giga, to understand why certain people never trade a leaf for an eagle. Where do think the term "bird flu" comes from?)

If I understand what you're getting at, I can see why someone would be motivated to become a pharmacy manager even if they are incompetent, I guess I just haven't been around the block long enough to understand why the person in charge of hiring the pharmacy manager doesn't care that they are promoting an incompetent opportunist?

Most folks I know who don't trade a leaf for an eagle are folks who are happy enough with their current job that they don't want to 1) move to the DC area or 2) deal with supervising other folks (especially civil servants... some who will give you legit PTSD). Never heard the bird flu pun before, that's a good one.

If I understand what you're getting at, I can see why someone would be motivated to become a pharmacy manager even if they are incompetent, I guess I just haven't been around the block long enough to understand why the person in charge of hiring the pharmacy manager doesn't care that they are promoting an incompetent opportunist?

Most folks I know who don't trade a leaf for an eagle are folks who are happy enough with their current job that they don't want to 1) move to the DC area or 2) deal with supervising other folks (especially civil servants... some who will give you legit PTSD). Never heard the bird flu pun before, that's a good one.

Exactly, if I remember who your main bird is, she self-sabotaged her promotion for 8 years until the billet she has now came up and she obviously was first around the list. There's wisdom in finding and defending a good job that you do good work in, jacket be damned.

I wonder if any pharmacist will come out and sue CVS for all these unlawful practices that you guys are talking about lol just like the lawsuit that stopped 7 days on 7 days off for overnight pharmacists in cali, wonder who that person was lol

What the hell is wrong with people like Barefoot? How can you do that to fellow health professionals? He needs a night on "Undercover Bosses"! Does anyone respect idiots like him?

What the hell is wrong with people like Barefoot? How can you do that to fellow health professionals? He needs a night on "Undercover Bosses"! Does anyone respect idiots like him?

no no one does

We do a job well, we're promoted. We do that job well, we're promoted again. This happens in succession until we eventually rise to a position that we can no longer do well -- or our level of incompetence. There, we either stagnate, revert back to a lower position, or are fired.

This theory was proposed by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and is sometimes referred to as the "Peter Principle". I think it is spot on.

We do a job well, we're promoted. We do that job well, we're promoted again. This happens in succession until we eventually rise to a position that we can no longer do well -- or our level of incompetence. There, we either stagnate, revert back to a lower position, or are fired.

This theory was proposed by Dr. Laurence J. Peter and is sometimes referred to as the "Peter Principle". I think it is spot on.

"Just do night shift. Everything else sucks." - The Mikey Principle.

Yes, at some point CVS's do more will less attitude becomes even more unrealistic when they keep making up additional programs & metric targets (keep raising) to meet. It's simply a balancing act of which metrics can be met vs not met when the rate limiting step is time. At some point one person can only be so efficient

So, if someone refuses to give someone an emergency supply of Norco because they don't have an RX, or if they won't fill someone's Norco that is 2 weeks early......so the person calls and complains to CVS, then this Jay guy is going to fire the tech & pharmacist involved? Really? The customer is NOT always right.

So, if someone refuses to give someone an emergency supply of Norco because they don't have an RX, or if they won't fill someone's Norco that is 2 weeks early......so the person calls and complains to CVS, then this Jay guy is going to fire the tech & pharmacist involved? Really? The customer is NOT always right.

At this point corp tosses most narc complaints, I bet they get thousands of them a day.

At that point the company would be breaking the law, as the employee has been fired for refusing to do something illegal.

Reactions: 1 user