CVS offer letter FT 30 hrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Niceguy90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email with the offer letter which mentioned yearly salary calculated based on 30 hrs a week,but the hiring manager told me that the position is "7 on 7 off" from 8 to 8, Is this normal or they should have mentioned 40 hrs in the letter? also I am around Metro Detroit area with salary 57$ an hour + raise of 2$ per hr after midnight considered low?any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email with the offer letter which mentioned yearly salary calculated based on 30 hrs a week,but the hiring manager told me that the position is "7 on 7 off" from 8 to 8, Is this normal or they should have mentioned 40 hrs in the letter? also I am around Metro Detroit area with salary 57$ an hour + raise of 2$ per hr after midnight considered low?any thoughts?

It doesn't matter how many hours...what is the offered salary/year...tell us that and we can let you know if it's fair for an overnight. If truly they are only paying for 30 hours and you're an overnight pharmacist...CVS just hit a new low. I don't work for CVS...so I don't know if this is the new thing now. What a sht show.

So if they are paying hourly now...57X 30 X 52 =90K? WTF....if this is really the case here...that's messed up...call/email your DM...I'd run if they aren't willing to adjust. Back in the day...WAGs overnighter would do 70hours/biweekly and get paid for 80.

I'm thinking this is a huge mistake and corporate sent you wrong offer letter that was meant for a FT floater during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ask them which store they gonna put you in, call that store at 2 AM, and talk to the gy pharmacist there, or just call any 24 hours CVS in the area.... ask him how many hours he works a week, calculate your own salary... done.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter how many hours...what is the offered salary/year...tell us that and we can let you know if it's fair for an overnight. If truly they are only paying for 30 hours and you're an overnight pharmacist...CVS just hit a new low. I don't work for CVS...so I don't know if this is the new thing now. What a sht show.

So if they are paying hourly now...57X 30 X 52 =90K? WTF....if this is really the case here...that's messed up...call/email your DM...I'd run if they aren't willing to adjust. Back in the day...WAGs overnighter would do 70hours/biweekly and get paid for 80.

I'm thinking this is a huge mistake and corporate sent you wrong offer letter that was meant for a FT floater during the day.
Here is the offer letter-attached, I am a new graduate I have no idea how they have calculated this pay, I was told during the interview that it's 57$ + 2$ after midnight, and I will be 7 on 7 off , and shift is from 8 to 8. And I will be able to pick up extra shifts on my off weeks, does it mean I get guaranteed 30 hrs and if I work 40 then 10 hours will be paid X 57 n hour?
I was an intern at Walmart and I know they have a salary(full time) and hourly(full time or part time)employees.
Don't know about CVS. How they calculate the letter States about annualized salary and that's different than annual salary. But still it's confusing! The Difference Between an Annual and an Annualized Salary | eHow

Last edited:
The salary is calculated based on $57/hr for 30hrs. It says you may be eligible for premium pay, which is probably the extra $2/hr. They will probably only guarantee 30hrs/week.

It looks to me like HR messed up your offer letter. Ask your prospective supervisor if it's written correctly...and if not, make them mail you a new offer letter. When you deal with anyone above the regional level, details tend to get missed. Like how many hours a FT night pharmacist works. Those Rhode Island people are in their own universe up there.

Here is the offer letter I have attached, I am a new graduate I have no idea how they calculate this pay, I was told during interview that it's 57$ + 2$ after midnight, and I will be 7 on 7 off , and shift is from 8 to 8. And I will be able to pick up extra shifts on my off weeks, does it mean I get guaranteed 30 hrs and if I work 40 then 10 hours will be paid X 57 n hour?
I was an intern at Walmart and I know they have a salary(full time) and hourly(full time or part time)employees.
Don't know about CVS. How they calculate the letter States about annualized salary and that's different than annual salary. But still it's confusing! The Difference Between an Annual and an Annualized Salary | eHow

This is totally unacceptable on their end. Email your DM...nicely and professionally of course...and talk to him about this. If it is indeed correct...and he's unwilling to stand by what he verbally offered you...I'd take some time to think about it. If it were me, I would decline this offer.

this is how cvs offer letter is. it isn't strict to your future schedule. as a night staff, u will be paid 74 hours biweekly... if u work day shift, call that store and ask how many hours the staff gets. it will be plus or minus 40 hours a week. if you're a floater, at minimal u will have 30 hours as a full time hire, and u can pick up extra shifts. // this will be and should be the very least of your concern. your main concern should be, will i have 18 pages in QP? as a new hire without much experience or training, how much do i suck?

Actually that is how my offer letter was written 4 years ago when i was offered a staff rph position. It basically means you are guatanteed no < than 30 hours weekly. As an overnight rph your base hrs will eventually change after working for a while.
In my case my base hour has changed 2 times already to reflect the hours i work from 30 to 41 to 42 hours every week

The letter I got last January after they rehired me when I got laid off had my salary calculated for 42 hours. As was my original offer letter back in '11. This company...a beacon of consistency.

It looks similar to mine. They sent me the offer letter last year for full time hourly pharmacist. It says 30 hrs per week and so I called them to see whats up with that. They told me this is how CVS new offer letter for full time rph looks like and this is what they said when I called "It will not say 40 hrs per week but it is definitely a full time position" WTH!!! They refused to send me a different offer letter that says 40 hrs per week

It looks to me like HR messed up your offer letter. Ask your prospective supervisor if it's written correctly...and if not, make them mail you a new offer letter. When you deal with anyone above the regional level, details tend to get missed. Like how many hours a FT night pharmacist works. Those Rhode Island people are in their own universe up there.
this is how cvs offer letter is. it isn't strict to your future schedule. as a night staff, u will be paid 74 hours biweekly... if u work day shift, call that store and ask how many hours the staff gets. it will be plus or minus 40 hours a week. if you're a floater, at minimal u will have 30 hours as a full time hire, and u can pick up extra shifts. // this will be and should be the very least of your concern. your main concern should be, will i have 18 pages in QP? as a new hire without much experience or training, how much do i suck?
Thanks I did shoot a quick text to my hiring manager regarding this.
The letter I got last January after they rehired me when I got laid off had my salary calculated for 42 hours. As was my original offer letter back in '11. This company...a beacon of consistency.
it would be fun sharing experience to a fellow Night Pharmacist , during the interview I was told that CVS only pays for 40 hours of training and remaining can be volunteering hours for two weeks or so until you are ready, I have sent an email and a txt to the hiring manager but so far haven't got a reply for clarification on hours, looks like to me that even though the offer letter states annual salary based on 30 hrs a week, they got to pay me for the hours I work in addition to 30 hrs. But I wanted to clarify because the letter did not state my hourly pay if i were to work additional hours than guaranteed 30 a week.

It looks similar to mine. They sent me the offer letter last year for full time hourly pharmacist. It says 30 hrs per week and so I called them to see whats up with that. They told me this is how CVS new offer letter for full time rph looks like and this is what they said when I called "It will not say 40 hrs per week but it is definitely a full time position" WTH!!! They refused to send me a different offer letter that says 40 hrs per week
Yes because there will be a "model schedule" that a lot of the weaker pharmacist will get no more than 30-32 and the sh*tyy ones will be around 20.

I am fairly certain that my offer letter also had less than what my base hours turned out to be, although I am also pretty sure it was 40 hours, not 30. I could be totally wrong though. My pay always reflected my actual base hours though, so it was never an issue for me.

As an overnight pharmacist I highly doubt you will ever need to worry about making your base hours, at least until they convert your store to non-24 hours. I wouldn't worry about the offer letter personally. ;)

I got a reply from my hiring manager he basically told me that that's how now cvs formats offer letter, also learned that all CVS pharmacists are salaried but get paid an hourly rate. This is probably so CVS can avoid paying overtime for those with base hours over 40/week.