Cvs overriding DURs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyrx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm an intern at CVS in CA. I was wondering how do I resolve DUR 88 rejections particularly from MediCal? I don't know which field to enter under "Additional information"

Also, can you provide info on how to initiate a tar e.g. Abilify

Thank you for your help and much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

please make full use of cvs helpdesk for all rxconnect issues. otherwise they will make full use of their time creating updates after endless updates.

Why would MediCal pay for brand Abilify when a bottle of generic any strength costs ~$15 to $20 now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I assume all managed care plans outsource the management of their pharmacy benefit. Here are some PBMs for various managed Medicaid plans (aside from Kaiser) that I have encountered (I have seen all of these at least twice and Sacramento County, the home of FOUR managed care plans, and adjacent counties plenty of times)

Medimpact: CalOptima, Partnership, CC Alliance for Health
Envolve: California Health & Wellness
CVS Caremark: Molina and Health Net
Express Scripts: Anthem Blue Cross
PerformRx: San Francisco Health Plan, Contra Costa Health Plan, Alameda Alliance for Health
Argus: Health Plan of San Mateo
ProCare RX: San Joaquin Health Plan

Fee-for-service Medi-Cal does not utilize a PBM, so none of the above receive any rebates for Abilify brand as antipsychs are carved out of managed care

Attachments

• aripip.png
    aripip.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 68
Next time I go to work I'll take a picture of the $16.99 price for 30 count 20mg.

Isn't the brand Abilify like 1k for 30?