CVS payroll problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I was supposed to get paid via direct deposit this morning via CVS. I have a certain percentage first sent to savings, then Fidelity, and the remaining balance to my checking. This is the first time doing this, instead of 100% to checking.
I received my deposit in my savings and fidelity accounts, but nothing is showing in my checking. I double checked my account and routing numbers but they’re all correct.
Is it common for the account with the “remaining balance” to be delayed in getting the deposit?
Usually my checking account reflects my deposit early Friday morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all. I was supposed to get paid via direct deposit this morning via CVS. I have a certain percentage first sent to savings, then Fidelity, and the remaining balance to my checking. This is the first time doing this, instead of 100% to checking.
I received my deposit in my savings and fidelity accounts, but nothing is showing in my checking. I double checked my account and routing numbers but they’re all correct.
Is it common for the account with the “remaining balance” to be delayed in getting the deposit?
Usually my checking account reflects my deposit early Friday morning.

I suggest asking payroll.

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest asking payroll.
I was planning on calling them today. They don’t open until 8am and I work at 8. I was just freaking out, so I wanted to see if anyone could provide some quick insight here first haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning on calling them today. They don’t open until 8am and I work at 8. I was just freaking out, so I wanted to see if anyone could provide some quick insight here first haha!

Sounds like you need to build up your emergency savings. Most of us here don't notice or care when payday is.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like you need to build up your emergency savings. Most of us here don't notice or care when payday is.
I have plenty saved up - trust me. I just worked overtime this pay period and want to make sure I receive it.

I have plenty saved up - trust me. I just worked overtime this pay period and want to make sure I receive it.

Why you freaking out over a few hundred or thousand then?

Why you freaking out over a few hundred or thousand then?
Because he worked those hours and he didn't get fully paid for them! I threw a fit when I noticed WAG was 10 days late on my 401k deposit, especially becuase I realized I don't monitor that deposit too carefully and I could have been shorted in the past.

Do you get pleasure out of trying to act like you're filthy rich and money is no object to you? If I didn't get paid, I'd be asking questions too.

Payroll will fix it, not a big deal. All it takes is a phone call to payroll. What will posting on SDN do for him?

My paycheck was shorted 5-10 times a year when I was at CVS. It was annoying but always fixed.

What will posting on SDN do for him?

Nothing, as I'm sure you agree. All my time at Kroger I only had a payroll problem when I quit because payroll didn't even know I quit for over a month and actually paid me for a month I didn't work there.

The only reason it even got corrected was because I called HR to let them know. If I didn't, I'm pretty sure I would have continued getting paid.

Reactions: 1 users
Funny story, when I worked for CVS, I forgot to clock out once, so the system thought I worked for 24hrs straight.

Wasn’t caught before checks went out...oh man, between the OT and hours, I was living the high life...until they fixed it and blanked my next few paychecks, hahah.

I was making $11.65/hr as a tech and this was like 15 years ago. So that mandatory 2x OT rate meant I was almost halfway to pharmacist pay.

• Haha
Funny story, when I worked for CVS, I forgot to clock out once, so the system thought I worked for 24hrs straight.

Wasn’t caught before checks went out...oh man, between the OT and hours, I was living the high life...until they fixed it and blanked my next few paychecks, hahah.

I was making $11.65/hr as a tech and this was like 15 years ago. So that mandatory 2x OT rate meant I was almost halfway to pharmacist pay.

Yup everything gets corrected eventually, whether you get underpaid or overpaid. Nothing to worry about.

Nothing, as I'm sure you agree. All my time at Kroger I only had a payroll problem when I quit because payroll didn't even know I quit for over a month and actually paid me for a month I didn't work there.

The only reason it even got corrected was because I called HR to let them know. If I didn't, I'm pretty sure I would have continued getting paid.

What would the legal consequences be if you didn't let them know and they kept paying you for months? Is it required that you pay them back or is it finders-keepers?

What would the legal consequences be if you didn't let them know and they kept paying you for months? Is it required that you pay them back or is it finders-keepers?

I'm not sure. I honestly thought about letting it go for a while, putting it all into an interest bearing account, then keep all the interest made when they ask for it back.

They just pull it from your bank account. It's not like they ask permission to take it back.