You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Cvs removing physical barriers at checkout so customers can buy candybars
Started by Dr Wario
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup. Had the tables removed this morning. Now less than 6 feet away from customers. Thanks for risking my life to sell candy bars.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hershey, Snickers, Mars, M&M lobbyist special interests @ work. Candy = Essential/Life sustaining, geez
(Yes, this is suppose to be sarcastic)
(Yes, this is suppose to be sarcastic)
My counter always had candy underneath. What changed?
Yup. Had the tables removed this morning. Now less than 6 feet away from customers. Thanks for risking my life to sell candy bars.
Can you post a pic? I still don't understand. Where does the cash register go? I thought the whole point of a counter was to prevent a robber from reaching over and grabbing the cash.
and whats wrong with that? Sales are down, and CVS needs to make money so its stock price stays up... theres no shortage of pharmacists
Last edited:
They put these tables in between the end of the counter and the customer in order to create a 6 foot barrier between employee and customer. This blocked candy bars. So they removed the tables. The customer is now 2-3 feet from the employee.Can you post a pic? I still don't understand. Where does the cash register go? I thought the whole point of a counter was to prevent a robber from reaching over and grabbing the cash.
I mean...couldn't they move the candy bars closer to the customers?
Do those candy bars/random junk even sell that well?!
Do those candy bars/random junk even sell that well?!
They put these tables in between the end of the counter and the customer in order to create a 6 foot barrier between employee and customer. This blocked candy bars. So they removed the tables. The customer is now 2-3 feet from the employee.
Money from candy bars > your life
I mean...couldn't they move the candy bars closer to the customers?
Do those candy bars/random junk even sell that well?!
Walmart doesn’t have candy by the registers, but same setup as this. The candy is hidden under the table.
Walmart doesn’t have candy by the registers, but same setup as this. The candy is hidden under the table.
Maybe this is just the merchandiser in me from back when I worked as a grocery manager but it seems to me that it would take nothing at all to put some candy pop up displays under there.
So I take it this plan to remove candy at registers never happened?
www.silive.com
Can't you guys just put the tables back yourselves and put the candy on the tables?
CVS stores to remove candy displays at checkout counter
CVS has announced plans to remove candy displayed at its checkout counter, and replace them with healthier choices.
Can't you guys just put the tables back yourselves and put the candy on the tables?
I’d just stay 6 feet from the customers. If they walk to the counter, I walk away. Easy peasy.Can't you guys just put the tables back yourselves and put the candy on the tables?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’d just stay 6 feet from the customers. If they walk to the counter, I walk away. Easy peasy.
Can't do that if the register is closer than 6 ft though. Assuming they pay with cash.
They can leave the cash on the counter and back up before I pick it up.Can't do that if the register is closer than 6 ft though. Assuming they pay with cash.
Money from candy bars > your life
Was there any question?
So I take it this plan to remove candy at registers never happened?
![]()
CVS stores to remove candy displays at checkout counter
CVS has announced plans to remove candy displayed at its checkout counter, and replace them with healthier choices.www.silive.com
CVS never follows through on anything. They are a bunch of bulls**tters.
CVS never follows through on anything. They are a bunch of bulls**tters.
Eh they did stop sell cigarettes.
Eh they did stop sell cigarettes.
That was a pretty big deal. Not sure if it was some elaborate long term plan to save money in the long run via the Aetna acquisition or something.
How much more of this are we going to tolerate?
You will tolerate all of it for as long as your boss says. CVS pharmacists are some of the most powerless, non-caring professionals in the planet. Their DM will say jump and they'll say how high.
You will tolerate all of it for as long as your boss says. CVS pharmacists are some of the most powerless, non-caring professionals in the planet. Their DM will say jump and they'll say how high.
Many of us are paid over $150,000 per year. It's simply golden handcuffs.
It was so Caremark could offer lower copays to patients who used pharmacies that didn’t sell tobacco.That was a pretty big deal. Not sure if it was some elaborate long term plan to save money in the long run via the Aetna acquisition or something.
It was so Caremark could offer lower copays to patients who used pharmacies that didn’t sell tobacco.
I'm surprised Caremark doesn't require all scripts to be filled at CVS.
That seems like a good way to get anti trust actions against you.I'm surprised Caremark doesn't require all scripts to be filled at CVS.
They just about require you to do so, since going out of network requires the patient to pay higher copays, make frequent opt-out calls, etc.I'm surprised Caremark doesn't require all scripts to be filled at CVS.
Many of us are paid over 150 k? Not anymore. With the change in cvs pharmacy business hours most staff pharmacists only work 34 hours every week.Many of us are paid over $150,000 per year. It's simply golden handcuffs.
D
deleted885753
I'm surprised Caremark doesn't require all scripts to be filled at CVS.
Had few people transferred their profile to cvs. I asked them if they called to opt out of mail order/ cvs. They said they did but they were told to use Caremark or cvs.
Not sure how this is even legal.
Many of us are paid over 150 k? Not anymore. With the change in cvs pharmacy business hours most staff pharmacists only work 34 hours every week.
Hell, getting paid $120k for only having to work 34 hours a week is even better.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hum. What is the hourly rate in your area? To Make 120 k while working 34 hours one will have to make 68 dollars per hourHell, getting paid $120k for only having to work 34 hours a week is even better.
Many of us are paid over $150,000 per year. It's simply golden handcuffs.
So you are saying capitalism works?
I hope you had a parachute ready when you made that leap!
More than that for staff in CA. The old rate.Hum. What is the hourly rate in your area? To Make 120 k while working 34 hours one will have to make 68 dollars per hour
New grads, you are lucky if you get $60 here. Nah, you are lucky if you can snag a part time job with no guarantee hours.
I guess, though that's not really a nuanced take. It's been well established that a rational, mixed economy works better than any sort of extreme.So you are saying capitalism works?
Hum. What is the hourly rate in your area? To Make 120 k while working 34 hours one will have to make 68 dollars per hour
For veteran RPhs, it's higher. I work with two that get paid into the 70s.
That's me right now doing per diem. My hours were cut recently, but since I get paid $20/hr + than cvs, I'm still a happy camper.Hell, getting paid $120k for only having to work 34 hours a week is even better.
That's me right now doing per diem. My hours were cut recently, but since I get paid $20/hr + than cvs, I'm still a happy camper.
How many hours were cut? Weren't you making like 196k or something?
Yea I was making that much at cvs. I left for a per diem position elsewhere now making over 90/hr.How many hours were cut? Weren't you making like 196k or something?
If they sneeze towards you, 6 feet isn’t gonna cut it
If they sneeze at you, it probably isn't COVID-19.
Yea I was making that much at cvs. I left for a per diem position elsewhere now making over 90/hr.
Bro you were suppose to pull me into CVS fresno @ $70/hr+!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K