CVS technician raises

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow CVS pharmacy managers,

I think it is very cool that we can now input technician raises in mySuccess, see what the budget is, and allocate the money/ raises among the technicians FROM home too...

What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

I love the upgrade, as it was very much due. The way it was done previously (through your FS manager) was asinine. If you had a FS manager that was ready willing and able to do everything for you, them it was fine. If you have a FS manager like I do that is clueless, and takes forever to do simple tasks, not to mention making comments like ("YOU WANT ME TO GIVE EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS FOR HER????) was annoying.

For a fortune 12 company like CVS that has a stock price of $102, its crazy that the way we used to still relay on MS DOS on the FS managers computer to do raises and everything else all this time.

I'm excited, but I don't think we can do this from home. I think it's still in store only, which still irritates me. We are salaried employees. They have no problem making us go to meetings on our days off, and doing conference calls and everything. So why can't we access the full mySuccess tool and mySchedule from home?

I have an hour every night on my laptop where I have free time to do things stress free. Why cant I publish a schedule at home? Why do I have to do it under stress and duress at the store in the middle of filling 6o0 scripts? Insane.

^ You can do it from home. You could have done it 2 months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
No- you can't. When you log in it says "only available through the intranet" meaning only available in store.

Reactions: 1 user
My main concerns are whether (1) two of my techs whose performance I evaluated in March 2015 (and whose evaluations I submitted to the FS manager) should be rated in the compensation tool or left unrated, and (2) whether I should just max out the compensation budget just because this is CVS.

I don't want to screw over the two techs who are "supposed" to get raises in July (I thought they were supposed to be effective after the FS manager inputs my final performance grade into whatever program), and I am surprised at the wage differential among my techs. Like a new tech (whom I didn't even have any role in hiring whatsoever) makes over $1 more than the most senior tech (who is terrible). (Speaking of hiring I have no access to StarSource nor can I write anyone up in Momentum. Is this the norm for pharmacy managers?)

If anyone has any insight from this, I would really appreciate it. I don't have a helpful FS manager (he is full of ****) nor a helpful RX sup (I laughed when I saw her goals in MySuccess)

Edit: I can access MySuccess > Compensation remotely by logging into myHR and choosing "MySuccess" in the lower right of the "home" page

Last edited:
My main concerns are whether (1) two of my techs whose performance I evaluated in March 2015 (and whose evaluations I submitted to the FS manager) should be rated in the compensation tool or left unrated, and (2) whether I should just max out the compensation budget just because this is CVS.

I don't want to screw over the two techs who are "supposed" to get raises in July (I thought they were supposed to be effective after the FS manager inputs my final performance grade into whatever program), and I am surprised at the wage differential among my techs. Like a new tech (whom I didn't even have any role in hiring whatsoever) makes over $1 more than the most senior tech (who is terrible). (Speaking of hiring I have no access to StarSource nor can I write anyone up in Momentum. Is this the norm for pharmacy managers?)

If anyone has any insight from this, I would really appreciate it. I don't have a helpful FS manager (he is full of ****) nor a helpful RX sup (I laughed when I saw her goals in MySuccess)

Edit: I can access MySuccess > Compensation remotely by logging into myHR and choosing "MySuccess" in the lower right of the "home" page

I think that as long as they are in the compensation tool, you can rate all of them. The idea is to rate each other versus each other...

For techs who were suppose to get a raise earlier, they get a prorated amount.

my question is what about technicians who are leaving soon? Do we bother giving them a raise to begin with so we can budget it to other people?

my question is what about technicians who are leaving soon? Do we bother giving them a raise to begin with so we can budget it to other people?
Do a payout for a gift card or something as a farewell present instead if you want to save the payroll for others.