CVS Verifying on Hold Scripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah theyre pushin my limits with this one. I actually like the new prescriber update because it helps techs from selecting the wrong prescriber. Took me a second to learn tricks of searching but I like it now and I feel more confident correct prescriber is being selected. But this new update, I don't know what they were trying to accomplish. Theres nothing to make this faster, or accurate, or anything for that matter.

I can't say I disagree but it makes me want to stab myself when I'm standing at drop off with 3 waiters in a basket next to me that need typed, a line, a rebill, 10 scripts in QT, 3 pharmacy calls, and I'm handed a script that has nothing on it but a scribble of a signature forcing me to call.

Before I could just do "aaa,xxx-xxx-xxxx" and find them with the phone number but now it's about impossible without their first and last name.

Members don't see this ad.

more often the on Hold scripts are then refilled at the same store, and less often transferred to another store. n so this feature is really a big waste of time.

I can't say I disagree but it makes me want to stab myself when I'm standing at drop off with 3 waiters in a basket next to me that need typed, a line, a rebill, 10 scripts in QT, 3 pharmacy calls, and I'm handed a script that has nothing on it but a scribble of a signature forcing me to call.

Before I could just do "aaa,xxx-xxx-xxxx" and find them with the phone number but now it's about impossible without their first and last name.
Imagine if CVS made a rule saying we can't accept scribble Scrabble on prescriptions. There would be nothing to fill.

Members don't see this ad :)
Imagine if CVS made a rule saying we can't accept scribble Scrabble on prescriptions. There would be nothing to fill.

if u work in a busy pharmacy, its best to reject those scripts. let them take the scripts back to the doctors for reprint. this will save a lot of errors n headaches in the future. train them m*therfk excuse of a doctor to write legibly. don't even phone call the office b/c it will continue to happen with future scripts. at a busy pharmacy u don't have time for that.

if u work in a busy pharmacy, its best to reject those scripts. let them take the scripts back to the doctors for reprint. this will save a lot of errors n headaches in the future. train them m*therfk excuse of a doctor to write legibly. don't even phone call the office b/c it will continue to happen with future scripts. at a busy pharmacy u don't have time for that.

I had a Percocet script with no strength on it recently. The guy was nice so I offered to make a phone call to get the strength. It was then that I realized that the script didn't even have a phone number on it.....

Handed it back to the guy and told him he was gonna have to return to the office and I'm sorry but there's nothing else I can do. I swear they just love to find new ridiculous ways to eff up our days.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This is so true. How many times have you called to get something fixed and next time around they send the exact same erroneous script. Do these ****ers keep any medical records?

Reactions: 1 user
This is so true. How many times have you called to get something fixed and next time around they send the exact same erroneous script. Do these ****ers keep any medical records?

How many times has the pharmacy down the street been "out of stock" and I am handed a script that looks like a kindergartner was playing with his crayons. Yeah we don't carry that either, whatever it is.

Reactions: 1 user
The long and short of it is that they are too stupid to realize that they are adding hours of work right now to save minutes of time later on.

Seriously, though. The IT people for CVS have to be the most incompetent bunch of dimwits in the industry. Hell, in any industry. How the hell a gigantic, profitable corporation like CVS can't afford even a below average IT department is laughable. Just pay, like, the 500th best guy at Google or Apple to come over and give the thing a once-over. You don't even need that. Hell, the former janitor at AOL can probably code better than these asshats. It can't be that damned hard to make a piece of software that is actually approaching functional. I've seen it. Go to any other pharmacy on the planet and better software will be found.

I'd love to see the source code of that complete **** Ubuntu Linux build they run everything on. It probably looks as convoluted and needlessly tangled as the plot to the Metal Gear games.

Imagine if we practiced pharmacy as ****tily as the IT people practice coding. People'd be dyin' everywhere.

^^^^underrated post. lolz.