CVS vs Kroger 7/7 Specific Duties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Style

In the Moment
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to inquire about the specific differences in duties of a 7 on 7 off night pharmacist of CVS and Kroger. What are the main priorities for each pharmacist?

I have heard that CVS night pharmacist concentrates on completing readyfill and restocking a lot of medications, which strangely the dayshift usually leaves for the night pharmacist.

Kroger night pharmacists seem to concentrate on auditing the days work. They handle more paperwork.

I've asked this question of a night pharmacist for each chain but I just wanted to see if anyone here had any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the volume. At a busy store, you can fill upwards of 200 prescriptions over night, leaving less time for the auditing. There is plenty of paperwork. Most over night guys are responsible for all CII inventory activity.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont forget about the drive thru.....
Both Kroger and CVS may have drive-thrus although I'm sure any random CVS is more likely to have one compared to Kroger

It depends on the volume. At a busy store, you can fill upwards of 200 prescriptions over night, leaving less time for the auditing. There is plenty of paperwork. Most over night guys are responsible for all CII inventory activity.

Are you saying that there is plenty of paperwork for night pharmacists of either chain to complete and not specifically more so for Kroger? I believe you have experience with CVS so I'm sure you know what tasks CVS night pharmacists are required to complete.