CVS vs Kroger 7/7 Specific Duties

Started by Style
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Style

In the Moment
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to inquire about the specific differences in duties of a 7 on 7 off night pharmacist of CVS and Kroger. What are the main priorities for each pharmacist?

I have heard that CVS night pharmacist concentrates on completing readyfill and restocking a lot of medications, which strangely the dayshift usually leaves for the night pharmacist.

Kroger night pharmacists seem to concentrate on auditing the days work. They handle more paperwork.

I've asked this question of a night pharmacist for each chain but I just wanted to see if anyone here had any feedback.
 
It depends on the volume. At a busy store, you can fill upwards of 200 prescriptions over night, leaving less time for the auditing. There is plenty of paperwork. Most over night guys are responsible for all CII inventory activity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends on the volume. At a busy store, you can fill upwards of 200 prescriptions over night, leaving less time for the auditing. There is plenty of paperwork. Most over night guys are responsible for all CII inventory activity.

Are you saying that there is plenty of paperwork for night pharmacists of either chain to complete and not specifically more so for Kroger? I believe you have experience with CVS so I'm sure you know what tasks CVS night pharmacists are required to complete.