CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just recently hired at CVS as a pharmacy tech. I worked as a tech before, but took some time off to focus on school and getting into pharmacy school. Now that I’ve been accepted into pharmacy school I wanted to get back into the pharmacy and take the PTCE.

Does anyone know if CVS offers a raise to technicians who take and pass the PTCE?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if I am understanding correctly, but you would be an "intern" either when accepted into pharmacy school or when it begins and you have your intern license.

Not sure if I am understanding correctly, but you would be an "intern" either when accepted into pharmacy school or when it begins and you have your intern license.
The manager told me I couldn't apply to be an intern until I've actually started pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When you start Pharmacy school, you will get intern pay and it won’t matter if you’ve taken that PTCE test or not. I wouldn’t bother.

Agreed with PharmD500. Also while you're in transition - unless you're devoted to CVS - might be a good idea to look at what other places pay pharmacy interns.

Reactions: 1 user