D.O. civlian deferments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumptyDumptyMil

Almost done...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the AF give deferments for osteopathic residency programs? I also have a more general question of how they approve deferments for civilian programs. Does the residency programs have to meet certain criteria the military has for residency programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Does the AF give deferments for osteopathic residency programs? I also have a more general question of how they approve deferments for civilian programs. Does the residency programs have to meet certain criteria the military has for residency programs?

Yes they can give deferments to any AOA / ACGME accredited residency program. Actually getting one is a whole 'nother story depending on your specialty (or shall I say the AF's specialty needs). :D

Yes they can give deferments to any AOA / ACGME accredited residency program. Actually getting one is a whole 'nother story depending on your specialty (or shall I say the AF's specialty needs). :D

Of course. I think enough people have warned me about that on this forum. :smuggrin: I just want to make sure I am aware of all possible options for me. Thanks for the info!