D.O. Day on Capitol Hill on 09.13.2k1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amra

A Quiet Voice of Reason
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone plan on attending or involved in this event?

I'd like to find out more nfo if possible..

Thanks!

-A

D.O. Day on Capitol Hill

Members don't see this ad.

amra,
what is the date, time and location for this event?

thanks

Here is the C&P of the webpage:

D.O. Day on Capitol Hill
Storm Capitol Hill on September 13!

On September 13, 2001 the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) will host a Washington, DC event to educate Members of Congress about osteopathic medicine and the need for health care reform.

While nearly 450 participated in the last D.O. Day on Capitol Hill held in April, the AOA expects hundreds of D.O.s, student doctors and other supports of osteopathic medicine to return for the September 13th event. See a copy of the September 13th draft agenda.

After receiving cutting-edge briefing materials before the event, osteopathic advocates will participate in a morning legislative briefing, attend scheduled meetings with Members of Congress and report the results at a debriefing room. Read how this day works!

"It's so important for members of the osteopathic community to be here for our D.O. Day on Capitol Hill. It demonstrates the community is dedicated to protecting and preserving the cornerstones of osteopathic medicine," Marcelino Oliva, D.O., Chairman of AOA's Council on Federal Health Programs. "The more people we can get to participate in this event, the more Capitol Hill will understand osteopathic medicine and welcome our positions on important health policy issues."

The registration deadline for this program is August 2. If you need more information about this event or future D.O. Days on Capitol Hill, please contact Heidi Ecker at [email protected].

Or click on this link here

I am interested in attending... anyone else?

-A

Members don't see this ad :)
That's on a Thursday.... There's classes, labs, meetings, group projects, etc.... I wonder if medical school accomodate for this day....

I fired off an email to Heidi Ecker (contact at AOA) regarding the event. I inquired as to roles osteopathic medical students (and future ones in my case) can perform in assisting this project. I'll post replies in this forum. :)

-A

I did receive an email back from Heidi. It was not overly specific yet here it goes:

(cut&paste)
Brian,

Thanks for your email and interest in D.O. Day on Capitol Hill. I'd love for
you and your friends to join in on the event. Visit http://www.aoa-net.org/Government/relations/doday01.htm
<http://www.aoa-net.org/Government/relations/doday01.htm> for more
information (and you can register here). Note, you must register before Aug.
2nd. Please feel free to call me at the below number if you have additional
questions.

Thanks!
Heidi

Heidi Ann Ecker
Director of Grassroots and Washington Communications
American Osteopathic Association
1090 Vermont Avenue, Suite 510
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 800/962-9008; Fax: 202/544-3525
Learn more about what AOA is doing for you in Washington by registering for
GOAL E-mail updates at
http://www.aoa-net.org/Government/relations/goal.htm
<http://www.aoa-net.org/Government/relations/goal.htm>

I re-read the webpage concerning the event and I DID REGISTER. I hope to see some of you there.

I'll keep the forum updated with any new significant information I recieve...

-A

Just a heads up, the student DO day on the hill will be in April, so try to make sure that you will be able to attend one of the days. These days are a great opportunity to see how the political system works, and it also allows us to voice are concerns to people who can do something about it.

hey everyone... With the recent events that have shaken the nation, the DO Day on Capitol Hill has been cancelled.

-A