d or D in dentist? and sports question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokie4life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sounds silly but i don't want to look even more silly for doing it wrong...should I capitalize the D in dentist and Dentistry in my personal statement? Initially I didnt' but then I think I did to give and show more importance and thanks to soem great essay editors I think I should have it lower case d but just wanted to double check

ALSO if I played a sport like lacrosse or field hockey in highschool (still played for fun but not in a team or anything organized in college) is it okay to include it as one of the things taht shows coordination and dexterirty? i also have knitting on there so i thought adding my sports would show that i'm not a totaly girly girl.

did any of you play sports and include it? it doesn't seem like a lot of predents are sporty on here but maybe its because we're all very busy talking about apps and schools and the lovely dATs ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I mentioned high school sport and college sports to show my eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. I would put it if I were you. It adds something else that not every applicant may have.

I've played baseball and hockey every year since I was a kid and will include it on my app. Batting especially = great for hand-eye.

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds silly but i don't want to look even more silly for doing it wrong...should I capitalize the D in dentist and Dentistry in my personal statement? Initially I didnt' but then I think I did to give and show more importance and thanks to soem great essay editors I think I should have it lower case d but just wanted to double check

Nope, no capitalization. I think it would come across more as an error than emphasis, so best to leave it lowercase.

I put learning to fly a RC helicopter. That takes some SERIOUS hand-eye coordination. I cant think of anything else more difficult. Help me out...