D3/4 procedure requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureddsny

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am a current D2 and was wondering about the requirements for clinical procedures once I enter into the clinic my 3rd and 4th year? Basically, how many of each procedure (rough estimate/a few examples) are we supposed to carry out to ensure that we meet the appropriate requirements to graduate? I’ve been looking for that answer but haven’t had any luck! I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Entirely depends on the program. Speak to a D4 at your school. My school normally requires 19 crowns, 12 dentures but we got away with 12,8 because of the pandemic.

Reactions: 4 users
Hello all,
I am a current D2 and was wondering about the requirements for clinical procedures once I enter into the clinic my 3rd and 4th year? Basically, how many of each procedure (rough estimate/a few examples) are we supposed to carry out to ensure that we meet the appropriate requirements to graduate? I’ve been looking for that answer but haven’t had any luck! I appreciate it!
When you find out what minimum is, go way above and beyond that to get as much experience as possible. don't try to "get away with minimum" based on any reason. Make that tuition worth it dont just get by!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeahhhh this is gonna be on a huge spectrum depending on the school. My friend goes to Tufts and they have to have three canals of endo to graduate, but at my school (UTSD) we have to have 3 anterior endo and 3 molar endo to graduate. Currently because of COVID we have to have 17 crowns and 8 arches of removable to graduate.

Entirely depends on the program. Speak to a D4 at your school. My school normally requires 19 crowns, 12 dentures but we got away with 12,8 because of the pandemic.
dang that's kinda 'a lot' imo for students. Rutgers is sizeable, too, if I recall. I went to NYU. 9 crowns, 6 dentures brought down to 5 my last year. 2 RPD, 3 CD. I am sure there are higher reqs, but glad you got out okay buddy!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,
Whatever it is at your school its not enough

captain obvious thanks
F38B624C-C590-4B52-A8AB-127969EC1903.gif

Big Hoss

Reactions: 3 users