D4 HPSP student- Dental anesthesia

Started by TravisB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TravisB

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I want to be a general dentist. I really enjoy medicine and I think dental anesthesiology would be a great fit for me. However, I have a 4 year commitment to the military. This is a great opportunity and I'm sure I'll have some great experiences. I don't know what to do as far as moving towards dental anesthesiology though. My class rank is pretty good, and I've taken the CBSE which was decent. That score will be old though by the time I apply. Opinions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure about army but i believe the Navy does not have plans to send people for Dental Anesthesia training as we have enough people from anesthesiology and crna program to provide anesthesia care

In the dental corps, people authorized to provide iv sedation is perio and omfs

and in the air force if you graduate from comp program you can do that as well