• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

DA question: Premolars

Lopyswine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
  1. Dental Student
    okay,
    can you guys help me with a few questions about the premolars:

1) which premolars have a transverse ridge? I have read that both maxillary and the first mandibular have transverse ridges. I have also read that only the mandibular 1st has a transverse ridge.

Anyone know for sure?

2) the 1st premolar has a mesial depression. ok. The intraradicular groove? Is that just the portion of the depression that extends on the cementum/root area.

3) Does the mesiolingual groove of the mandibular 1st premolar extend onto a proximal surface? A old released exam asks which groove on a premolar extends onto the proximal surface. The answer was the mesiolingual groove of the mand 1st. I have never heard this. We learned that the groove is lingual only.

4) What is the occlusal outline SHAPE of a 3 cusped mandibular 2nd premolar? I have conflicting sources. One source says square or rectangle, while another source says pentagonal. I can see either one being the answer. Is there a general consensus answer?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.