DA questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bond

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys i am opening this tread so we can discuss the da questions here, there was so much going on in part-1 thread that questions seemed to be lost

so i have one question can someone give me the answer and explain it too plese

Q-which of the primar teeth would exibit prpminent cerivcal ridge on both the facial and linual surfaces

1- A
2- f
3- j
4- L
5- T

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question too.. I am just referring the Decks..so could someone please tell me how to distinguish b/w 'RIGHT' and 'LEFT' when it comes to non working side moments

Thanks

May be.....just may be....you might want to go to the tutorials sticky.....and check out the DAO tuts I have put up there.....might solve ur doubts.....tho I am at a loss about the pri tooth with cervical ridge on Facial and Lingual surfaces...but u might find my tuts helpful....

Members don't see this ad :)
gpg i went through ur tutorial and its wonderful u have done a wonderfull job.
i just wanted the answer for question about the primary cuz i havent read the primary dentition thoroughly and its a difficult question for me, and as expected my answer was wrong.

Really apreciate all the effort and time u have up in the tutorial.
thanx

BOND

Bond said:
guys i am opening this tread so we can discuss the da questions here, there was so much going on in part-1 thread that questions seemed to be lost

so i have one question can someone give me the answer and explain it too plese

Q-which of the primar teeth would exibit prpminent cerivcal ridge on both the facial and linual surfaces

1- A
2- f
3- j
4- L
5- T

The answer is No 2- assuming f refers to primary central incisors!

Guys, correct me if I am wrong :D

dental doc

no 2 was the answer in old papers too but i thought that primary molar have more pronounced cervical ridges, i had no clue that central incisor cerivcal ridges r more pronounced then the molar.

ajaydas look up the gpg tutorial it explains the mandibular movement pretty good.

Bond said:
dental doc

no 2 was the answer in old papers too but i thought that primary molar have more pronounced cervical ridges, i had no clue that central incisor cerivcal ridges r more pronounced then the molar.

Primary molars do have pronounced cervical ridges but only on their buccal surface.

Hope this helps :)

hello is anybody outthere which tutorial you gays talking about. the fact is the mandibular 1 have more prominent ridge if no in the answer you have to choose max primary molar.............. i hope this help, please send me the info about the tutorial is for a friend of me thank yuo ..........p

thanx dentaldoc and pendejodo it makes sense now :D :D :D

Ajay i certinaly hope it was just an error , other wise i am just wonder how did he know :confused: :D

I swear on you I didn't tell him about our relationships Bond and Dentaldoc :D

p.s I just hope I don't get flammed for ruining this thread now :D:D:D So if you have any replies to this guys, put it in the SDN TRASH thread which I put up specifically for discussing such amazing realtionships

Members don't see this ad :)
AjayDas said:
I swear on you I didn't tell him about our relationships Bond and Dentaldoc :D

p.s I just hope I don't get flammed for ruining this thread now :D:D:D So if you have any replies to this guys, put it in the SDN TRASH thread which I put up specifically for discussing such amazing realtionships

Oh my good god :scared:
for heaven sake I am not GAY!, but if I become one then I cannot be a partner to u :laugh:

Ajay, for time being u should concentrate more in knowing the gender atleast in sdn than preparing for Nbde :laugh: :laugh:

Let's bring some sanity back to the thread...:D:D
Ok..from what I've gathered from the decks and GPG's tutorial, I have made a "diagram interpretation for dumb people like Dr.Das"
It's like a 'fill in the blanks'for the working side

The moment you see a straight arrow pointing buccal in max or lingual max, it becomes " - lateral working side"
Now you gotta check which teeth are in the picture. If they are of the 1'st or 4'th quadrant [max or mand right side], it becomes "Right Lateral working side"
However if the teeth shown belong to 2'nd or 3'rd quadrant or the left side, it becomes "left lateral working side"

If the arrow is pointing lingual in max or buccal in mandibular teeth, the sides "right or left" get reversed

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG plz

I am also hoping someone would put up something like this for the nonworing side. gpg's tutorial is amazing..but I still have doubts :(

AjayDas said:
Let's bring some sanity back to the thread...:D:D
Ok..from what I've gathered from the decks and GPG's tutorial, I have made a "diagram interpretation for dumb people like Dr.Das"
It's like a 'fill in the blanks'for the working side

The moment you see a straight arrow pointing buccal in max or lingual max, it becomes " - lateral working side"
Now you gotta check which teeth are in the picture. If they are of the 1'st or 4'th quadrant [max or mand right side], it becomes "Right Lateral working side"
However if the teeth shown belong to 2'nd or 3'rd quadrant or the left side, it becomes "left lateral working side"

If the arrow is pointing lingual in max or buccal in mandibular teeth, the sides "right or left" get reversed

SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG plz

I am also hoping someone would put up something like this for the nonworing side. gpg's tutorial is amazing..but I still have doubts :(

Ajay
I am more confused now. I hate the movements.
from what i got from the whole tutorial was that the working movemnt can be on left as well as on right too, as long as madible moves toward the buccal side and the opposit side would be non working side , and the arrows if showed on the mandibular would be straigt toward the buccal and opposite if shown on max,
Now the nonworking movement the arrow would be lingual and slightly distal if shown on mandibular and buccal and distal if shown on the max .
well ajay i am kind of upset about the whole world knowing about the GUY thingi, i thought that was just b/w us :mad: :mad:

Hey Bond,

I am soo sorry. I really didn't mean to confuse you....Regarding what I posted, even I am not too sure..I drew diagrams what gpg had written and then from the decks..that was the conclusion I could reach..anyway, I need someone to confirm that..So if you have already understood "working/nonworking", please ignore it :D

I have one more doubt..not related to DA..I am pasting from the deck
"THE PULMONARY VALVE is best heard over the second left intercostal space."
"THE AORTIC VALVE is best heard over the second right intercostal space."

I thought Aortic valve was on the left side :confused:

p.s Hey Bond, the other person turned out to be a female...she's out of the picture and it's just you and me now ;) :cool:

What you say Bond about the arrows regarding the working and the non working side is perfectly right. My post was how to decide if it is of the "right" side or the "left" side.. I am 90% confident about the first part... But am making a guess in the last line where I say "reversed"

AjayDas said:
Hey Bond,

I am soo sorry. I really didn't mean to confuse you....Regarding what I posted, even I am not too sure..I drew diagrams what gpg had written and then from the decks..that was the conclusion I could reach..anyway, I need someone to confirm that..So if you have already understood "working/nonworking", please ignore it :D

p.s Hey Bond, the other person turned out to be a female...she's out of the picture and it's just you and me now ;) :cool:

well ajay
Aortic valve is heard at righ2nd intercostal
pulmonary valve at left 2nd intercostal space
mitral valve at 5th intercostal space at apex of heart

correct me if i am wrong

and about the worknig non working i am going to stick what i know other wise i wount remmember anything.

One more thing on one of the other threads we were talking about toymed so just wanted to ask u b/w deck past papers and 90 % of time disorientation do u really get time to do the questions on that site???

p.s gheee ur too psuhy :D give me some space yar let me finish my exam and then we will think about our relationship. I certanily hope that u dont find some one by then :p

You are right BOND..I just pasted it from the deck..But what confuses me is that Aortic Valve is on the left side while Pulmonary Valve is on the right..So why the interexchange of sides
Regarding TOYMED, never been to site.....don't intend to go there ;)

p.s sorry Bond, I will TRY to wait.. just don't count on me :D:D:D

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS......
OCCLUSAL OUTLINE OF PERMANENT MANDIBULAR FIRST MOLAR IS USUALLY SIMILAR TO
1.CIRCLE
2.SQUARE
3.TRAPEZOID
4.PARALLELOGRAM
its from DA 1979 QUES NO 43 AND ANS IS 3

I HAVE NEVER READ THIS.......is it actually a trapezoid???
DO ASDA REPRINTS HAVE WRONG ANSWERS??????
i am not talking particularly abt this ques cos i may be wrong and unaware....
but others.also????

AjayDas said:
Hiya Pendejodo,
The tutorials is a seperate thread..It's a stickyso youwill not have any trouble looking for it.
Anyway, the link is

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=112382

p.s I hope your word 'gays' was a typo error for 'guys' :D:D:D
hello thank you but you really need pictures bu have a nice pictures as well harward you gay to getr this for a friend..............................p

meetlife said:
PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS......
OCCLUSAL OUTLINE OF PERMANENT MANDIBULAR FIRST MOLAR IS USUALLY SIMILAR TO
1.CIRCLE
2.SQUARE
3.TRAPEZOID
4.PARALLELOGRAM
its from DA 1979 QUES NO 43 AND ANS IS 3

I HAVE NEVER READ THIS.......is it actually a trapezoid???
DO ASDA REPRINTS HAVE WRONG ANSWERS??????
i am not talking particularly abt this ques cos i may be wrong and unaware....
but others.also????
Metlife i was surprised by this answer too cuz according to wheelers the answer is HEXGONAL which is not even a choice , and buccal view is usually trapezoid so i am going to stick with wheelers.
I dont know if the repritnts have wrong answers but i had my doubts about few questions too.
Metlife lets put the questions on this thread so when know what the correct answers r.

pendejodo said:
hello thank you but you really need pictures bu have a nice pictures as well harward you gay to getr this for a friend..............................p
Errrrr..? Could you reframe that please?

Hi Guys,
Let me check if i can clear up ur confusion regarding the movememts.This is what i understood from the decks n kaplan.

The working side is seen both on the right side n the left side becoz the working side is the side to which the mandible moves so which ever side the mandible moves is considered the working side and the opposite side is considered the non working side.
For ex.If the mandible moves to the right then the right side is the working side and the left side of the jaw is considered as the non working side.

Regarding the arrows given on the max n the mand.
In both the jaws it is only the mandible which moves so if the arrows r given for the mandibular arch it is evident that the mandible is moving to that side and if the same arrows r given on the max arch then it means that the mandible is moving over the max in that direction since the max is fixed.

I hope i've cleared ur confusion.I know it's hard to understand movements but if u know the logic behind it its very easy.I tried this way and instead of just seeing on the paper i used to try moving my jaw the way it's put up on the paper especially for questions like which cusp goes through which groove during this working side movements......I know u look funny when u do that but it really works.

I don't know how far i'm right but i just told u from what i understood.

Deadly tooth

deadly tooth said:
Regarding the arrows given on the max n the mand.
In both the jaws it is only the mandible which moves so if the arrows r given for the mandibular arch it is evident that the mandible is moving to that side and if the same arrows r given on the max arch then it means that the mandible is moving over the max in that direction since the max is fixed.
Deadly tooth

In other words if the arrow is given on max teeth representing the mandiblular teeth then it shows the movement of mandible .
If the arrows r given on mandible teeth showing the movement of max then the direction of mandible be opposite to the direction of arrow.

Hi Bond,
Yeah that's right if the arrow on the mandibular teeth is pointed backwards it means that the max is moving backwards in relation to the mandible which inturn means that the mandible is moving forward[protrusion].

Deadly tooth

AjayDas said:

Hey Ajay,
Just visualize/check the figure.......then u can understand :)

HI......EUREKA !EUREKA!

to do those movements in DA.......what u can do is go to prostho or ortho deptt of ur coll......pour ideal casts and then try those movements on them.....u can use ideal dentures we made in 2nd year..........works great...
all the best
do well

some very interestein thigns goin on here esp with ajays&bonds....ok listen i have posted this on the thread of the tutorial as well.also i thougth here to get ans...like someone earlier in this thread do asda reprints have wrong ans?????bec
if ull have the dec 1977 paper with ull check for q number 30 in dent anat.what is the primary func of pulp?
the choices were..form dentin( :confused:
prov nutrtion
prov sensation
protect periodontium
assure root end closure
prev multiple foramina.
now i thought logically the ans should be either nutrion or sensation,btu wat is htis the ans is to form dentin?cmon guys am i losin it or wat,i thought that was the work of odontoblasts or watever right?pls help :scared:

some very interestein thigns goin on here esp with ajays&bonds

Geeee i am embarrased :D :D

now i thought logically the ans should be either nutrion or sensation,btu wat is htis the ans is to form dentin?cmon guys am i losin it or wat,i thought that was the work of odontoblasts or watever right?pls help

well prime role of pulp during formation is diffrenciation of dental lamina and enamal organ.And u r right that dentin formaition is work of odontobalst but where r the bodies of odontoblast? the prime function of pulp would be defence so when ever there is irritaion to the pulp it would initate the odontolast to form reprative dentin.
Not sweete ur not losing it, its just that u need to relax ,it happes to all of us so dont worry and keep on studing. Hope i helped though

A slight correction....it's not just during formation of repairative dentin....

Sensory wouldn't be a primary function coz our teeth would have survived without sensation. Formative fn. IS the answer!

p.s there's nothing going on b/w Bond and me ;) If you don't belive me, check out her house at 5'th cross, Maple street.{where have I heard that before?} I will not be there between 5pm to 6pm

it was really nice of ull to get back.thank u.but i still dont get it the ans is formation of dentin is the primary role of dentin :rolleyes: .yes i know it has this func also but how would one supp to kno this is its primary func i still dont htink the ans is rigth :scared: but i guess we have ot learn it coz the papers say so :idea: .i hope if i get this q that this is the rigth ans.by the way is there anyway we r allowed to see our papers in case we r not happy with our results? :confused:

toothfairy78 said:
it was really nice of ull to get back.thank u.but i still dont get it the ans is formation of dentin is the primary role of dentin :rolleyes: .yes i know it has this func also but how would one supp to kno this is its primary func i still dont htink the ans is rigth :scared: but i guess we have ot learn it coz the papers say so :idea: .i hope if i get this q that this is the rigth ans.by the way is there anyway we r allowed to see our papers in case we r not happy with our results? :confused:
well.........i agree to all the explannations given by gpg and others.......still...look in all the text books......
1.woelfel
2.tencate
3.orbans
all clearly mention that primary function of pulp is to form the dentin......
hope this convinces u........

hi everybody
plz let me know the explanation of these questions and which ans r correct
In ideal Occlusion the lingual cusp of max second premolar contacts
1 the distal fossa of ,mandibular second premolar
2 distal marginal ridge of mandibular first molar
3 mesial marginal ridge of mandibular first molar

largest incisal or occlusal embrasure is located between which of the following teeth
1 max lateral and canine
2 max canine and first premolar

in cervical cross section, the root of a mandibular canine is described as
1 triangular
2 roughly conical
3 flattened in a mesiodistal direction
4 broader mesiodistally on the lingual than on the facial

resagoyal said:
hi everybody

largest incisal or occlusal embrasure is located between which of the following teeth
1 max lateral and canine

1 triangular
2 roughly conical

answers: 1, 1, 3

Correct me if I am wrong :D

dentaldoc said:
answers: 1, 1, 3

Correct me if I am wrong :D

resagoyal
i have the same answers too.do look up at gpg tutorial it would explain the que 1 pretty good

resagoyal said:
hi everybody

1 max lateral and canine

1 triangular
2 roughly conical

hi......open wheelers if u have........chapters on periodontium and contacts...see the diagrams.......everything will be clear.

Hey guys, i'm totally confused ont he following types of DA questions could someone help me out....

1. In a left working movement, the mesiofacial cusp of a maxillary right second molar will pass through which of the following?

1. The embrasure space between a mandibular right third molar and a mandibular right second molar.

2. The embrasure space betweent a mandibular right second molar and mandibular right first molar?

3. The buccal groove area of a mandibular right second molar.

4. The buccal groove area of a mandibular first molar.

5. none of these.

The answer is 5. But how do you figure these questions out? what is the rule for these left and right workign movement qeustions where tehy ask what cusp will passs through where ect? can someone explain to me the rule for these types of questions?

Second question is

In a right lateral excusrion, the mesiofactial cusp of the max right frist molar passes thru which of the follwign grooves of the mand. right first molar?

1. Lingual groove
2. Central groove
3. Facial groove
4. Distofacial groove

Answer is lingual groove...again i need an explanation on how to figure this type of question out..l

Last question

On the occlusal surface of a max molar the groove that represents the owrking path of the distofacial cusp of the mand molar is the

1. Central groove
2. Facial groove
3. Lingual groove
4. Distal oblique groove
5. transverse groove of the obilque ridge

Answer is facial groove....please someone help me with the explanation..i know i've asked a lot but this would be a great help as i am throughly confused on these qeustions and i'm going insaaaaaaaneeee!!!!!!!!! i hate dental anatomy more than anything in this universe...dare i say, even more than biochecm?!!??!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks people

Ya answers for ques 1 and 3 are correct.....but I am majorly confused about ques 2.....don't u all think that the largest embra will be between canine and pre-molar.....given that both have cusps....than that between canine and lat....as the lat has a plain surface....please help...

thanks for the show of confidence in my tutorial.Am taking the exam in second week of July mostly...CBT that is....

Hai khurram,

To answer these questions u sd be thorough with eccentric movements.U can go thru gpg's tutorial.That will give u an idea..The basic thing u sd know is
:The side to which mandible moves is working side.so if it moves left it's left wrking side n vice versa.
:The other side is the non working side r balancing side.

:maxilla is constant ,it's only mandible that moves.
With these in mind now ,read the first question.
In left working movt,mandible moves to the left,try moving u'r jaw left.Mesiofacial cusp of maxillary is not passing anthing ,but if the mandible had moved rt,then it sure would have to pass thru one of the grooves in the mandible molar.
So in the first question just know that ,in left working movt rt facial cusps do not pass anythng.

Coming to u'r second question,the answer has to be facial groove n not the lingual groove.For this u sd know the occlusal cuspal position in the antagonist tooth.With that knowledge u know that mesiofacial cusp of first molar lies in the mesiobuccal groove of mandibular fist molar.so during the rt wrking movt,it has to pass thru that groove specifically but since that's not in the choice it's the facial groove generally speaking.

For the third question again,distofacial cusp of mandibular molar lies in the central fossa of maxillary molar.During wrking movt,say take u'r right side the distobuccal cusp has to move laterally to the right ,so it has to pass one of the buccal grooves .
Hope i didn't confuse u more.For once i realized xplaining others in a clear way is not that easy. :eek: [Correct me if i'm wrong]
Best wishes
Gorur

Hey gorur,
Thanks a lot for your help...i had to read over whta you wrote about 4 or 5 times but i've got it now thanks!!!! :D However, the one questoin where you said the answer was facial groove and not lingual like i had written i'm confused about. Becasue in the july 1989 reprint that i have qeustion number 39. gives the answer as lingual groove...do you think this is a mistake on their part? if you know please let me know! :confused: I know if can be really hard to try and type something out and explain it i've tried!!! so basically it was just a way of them asking the same question of cuspal postions and contacts and it had me all confused for nothing...thank god i got that cleared up i'm sure u know that some of these DA questions can be utterly confusing and you just sit there and your like WHAAAAAAAAAT???????? hahaha...thanx again though for your help..i dont think i'llb emissing anymore of these questions in the future....

gpg said:
Ya answers for ques 1 and 3 are correct.....but I am majorly confused about ques 2.....don't u all think that the largest embra will be between canine and pre-molar.....given that both have cusps....than that between canine and lat....as the lat has a plain surface....please help...

thanks for the show of confidence in my tutorial.Am taking the exam in second week of July mostly...CBT that is....

Hey gpg, Regarding the Q)2 the largest embra will be between canine and pre-molar if it's the mandibular teeth.(atleast I think like that )
Correct me if I am wrong.

Khurram said:
Hey guys, i'm totally confused ont he following types of DA questions could someone help me out....

1. In a left working movement, the mesiofacial cusp of a maxillary right second molar will pass through which of the following?

1. The embrasure space between a mandibular right third molar and a mandibular right second molar.

2. The embrasure space betweent a mandibular right second molar and mandibular right first molar?

3. The buccal groove area of a mandibular right second molar.

4. The buccal groove area of a mandibular first molar.

5. none of these.

The answer is 5. But how do you figure these questions out? what is the rule for these left and right workign movement qeustions where tehy ask what cusp will passs through where ect? can someone explain to me the rule for these types of questions?

Second question is

In a right lateral excusrion, the mesiofactial cusp of the max right frist molar passes thru which of the follwign grooves of the mand. right first molar?

1. Lingual groove
2. Central groove
3. Facial groove
4. Distofacial groove

Answer is lingual groove...again i need an explanation on how to figure this type of question out..l

Last question

On the occlusal surface of a max molar the groove that represents the owrking path of the distofacial cusp of the mand molar is the

1. Central groove
2. Facial groove
3. Lingual groove
4. Distal oblique groove
5. transverse groove of the obilque ridge

Answer is facial groove....please someone help me with the explanation..i know i've asked a lot but this would be a great help as i am throughly confused on these qeustions and i'm going insaaaaaaaneeee!!!!!!!!! i hate dental anatomy more than anything in this universe...dare i say, even more than biochecm?!!??!?!?!?!?!?
Thanks people

I think the answer for the Q)2 is the lingual groove.
Can any one explain this?

Hey dental doc
yeah the answer given in the asda reprint was lingual groove but gorur said it was buccal..i thought maybe it was a misprint does anybody know??!?!??!? i'm starting to get frustrated again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hai everybody,

Had some doubts...would appreciate if anyone helps me sort out this...

1) A1 yr old child is expected to have erupted which of the following primary maxillary n mndibular teeth?

a)incisors n canines
b)incisors n first molars
c)central incisors n canines
d)mand central n lateral incisors n maxillary central incisors

Well i thought the answer wd be d as max first molars don't erupt until 14 mos but they have given the answer as b :confused:

2)Arrange the three furcations of a max first molar from closest to farthest from cervical line?

a)facial 1)a,b,c 4)b,c,a
b)mesial 2)a,c,b 5)c,b,a
c)distal 3)b,a,c

PLzzz help me ...n do xplain how also..i don't seem to understand the question very well :D
Thanks n regards
gorur

Hi gorur :)
Even I feel the corect n reasonable ans for the 1st Qs is (d)...i.e primary mand central,prim mand lat n prim max central
Coming to the 2nd Qs
ans is (3)b,a,c....closest to the farthest.

Khurram said:
Second question is

1. Lingual groove
2. Central groove
3. Facial groove
4. Distofacial groove

Hi khurram,
Even I second gorur in this......Facial groove only seems to be the correct answer.I dunno whether am wrong or is it the ans key :confused:
Hey gorur,
u explained the whole thing really well buddy....knowing the things is 1 thing n explaining them in a nice manner is a whole diff story...good job :clap:

Coming to the 2nd Qs ans is (3)b,a,c....closest to the farthest.
Wiztooth can u explain it :confused: :confused: what do u mean by facial in this question? if u mean roots then shouldnt it be Palatal?? as as far as i rember the palatal root is closest to mesial and farthest to distal So can u explin ur answer???

Gorur the question 1 is it from Kaplan questions? i am asking this cuz according to kaplan book the molars erupt at 12 mo so may be they answered it according to that. But according to wheelers the eruption of molars is at 16 mo so I think answer D is correct.