DA questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi Bond,
for sure I knew mesial furcation is closest to the CL n distal the farthest....so i answered it overlooking the 'facial' part.... :smuggrin:
guess we need some 3-dimensional view of this....as i don't have such opportunity...i derived my own thesis :p the Qs is abt furcations..the place on multi-rooted teeth where the root trunk divides into seperate roots.as mesial n distal part is cleared,when we look at the palatal root from mesial or distal view of the tooth...the'furcation' seems to be towards facial...or else the choice should be 'palatal' dunno....but as I know abt the other two furcations I opted for (3)..hmm that's my deduction!!did it any make sense...i doubt it :D At present am not able to think further...this DA already got onto my nerves :eek: Hope somebody shed somelight on this :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Hai bond!

The question was from released paper 86.There's really so much difference in the eruption sequence of primary in kaplan n decks n wheeler's.But wheeler's is so confusing.. :smuggrin: .

Hai wiztooth!

Even i'd the same doubt as bond abt facial n palatal..it's not going inside my head ..this 3 dimensiona view,,, :smuggrin: :confused: ..
I better memorize that... :D
Thanks
gorur

Khurram said:
Hey dental doc
yeah the answer given in the asda reprint was lingual groove but gorur said it was buccal..i thought maybe it was a misprint does anybody know??!?!??!? i'm starting to get frustrated again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey khurram,
I am sorry that I don't know to explain.
When I don't know the explanation for certain things I will always MEMORIZE it :D
:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
gorur said:
Hai bond!

The question was from released paper 86.There's really so much difference in the eruption sequence of primary in kaplan n decks n wheeler's.But wheeler's is so confusing.. :smuggrin: .

gorur

Hi gorur i know what u mean, there is so much diffrence in all these books for eruption times and contact areas,but i think wheelers is a standatized book and its better to stick with it.

BOND

gorur said:
Hai everybody,

Had some doubts...would appreciate if anyone helps me sort out this...

1) A1 yr old child is expected to have erupted which of the following primary maxillary n mndibular teeth?

a)incisors n canines
b)incisors n first molars
c)central incisors n canines
d)mand central n lateral incisors n maxillary central incisors

Well i thought the answer wd be d as max first molars don't erupt until 14 mos but they have given the answer as b :confused:

2)Arrange the three furcations of a max first molar from closest to farthest from cervical line?

a)facial 1)a,b,c 4)b,c,a
b)mesial 2)a,c,b 5)c,b,a
c)distal 3)b,a,c

PLzzz help me ...n do xplain how also..i don't seem to understand the question very well :D
Thanks n regards
gorur

answer for Q.1 is b, becos they didn't specify whether it's man or max 1st molar in this choice.
answer for Q.2 is 3,as somebody already explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond
guys i need some help with this question

During a working side movement of the mandilble the oblique ridge of a maxillary first molar passes through which sulcus of permanent mandibular first molar?

mesiobuccal sulcus
distbobuccal sulcus
mesiolingual sulcus
distolingual sulcus

I thought the answer wounld be distolingual sulcus cuz the the buccal cusp of max first molar pass through lingual groves of mandibular molars.

Well the answer to this question is distobuccal and i have no idea how that is can u guys tell me the reason PLEASE

Yes the answer is disto buccal sulcus.

some more points:
In working side the mesiobuccal maxillay cusp, passes through the lingual groove of the mandibular molar
In non working side the same passes through the buccal groove of the mandibular molar.

Hope It helps-dental doc

Thanks bond!..
man this part 1 prep is driving me crazy!.......I almost forgot that we had already discussed this. +pissed+ :laugh:

omigosh....am all confused...1st of all DA is not at all my subject...n I jus started reviewing it 3 days back....n am all going mad.phew I better concentrate on those movements n will try to be back soon(hopefully +pity+ )
hey khurram,
gpg has compiled DA tutorial pretty good combining decks n kaplan which makes it easier to review the concept.....am just going to hit it now.....try to check it out......see ya.

Thanks a lot everyone for help, bond , wiz, gorur, dental doc, did i miss anyone?!?! :D I just find dental anantomy very very VERY frustrating when ure sure u have a concetp down and tehn all of a sudden u go to check your answer and guess what ... WRONNNGG!!! anyways...Let's start a protest to get rid of DENTAL ANATOMY altogether in the ndb1 !!! :laugh: :laugh: Anyone who wants to throw out biochem/physio as well i'll second that!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Good luck guys i'm planning to take CBT july 1st...wish me luck

dentaldoc said:
answer for Q.1 is b, becos they didn't specify whether it's man or max 1st molar in this choice.
answer for Q.2 is 3,as somebody already explained it.

Dental doc even if they specify if it is mand or max it would be 14 mo for mandible and 16 for max so answer still stay no d { i am quoting wheels dates of eruptions) can u explain y did u said b

i am posting this for quick review of the dates as u can see there is a lot of difference in erupiton dates so what r u guys going to stick with. Guess Wheelers.

MAXIALLARY according to kaplan book
Central incisor 7.5
Lateral incisor 9
canine 18
First molar 14
Second molar 24

Can some please put up the table for the contact areas too so we know that we all r doing it from the same place. :D :D :D

MANDIBULAR

Central incisor 6
Lateral incisor 9
canine 16
First molar 12
Second molar 20

According to WHEELERS

Maxillary
Central incisor 10
Lateral incisor 11
canine 19
First molar 16
Second molar 29

MANDIBULAR
Central incisor 8
Lateral incisor 13
canine 16
First molar 20
Second molar 27

Ajay,
answerin ur ques on mandibular movements i d suggest u go thru d Kaplan study material. i had d same prob earlier n trust me i had used d same logic of straight arrows etc . however, Kaplan makes u understand it logically.

Hiya Cleo,
The problem is that I don't have a kaplan book..Dr Das is stuck with 2001 Dental Decks.. And I don't think joining Kaplan NOW would help me much...As long as my "Arrow Logic" holds good, it's a BIG wave to Kaplan Centre from here ;)

Thanks anyway

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
i got another DA question

In the intercuspal position , the lingual cusp of the mand. first premolar usually occludes with

1. the mesial marginal ridge of the max second premolar adn the distal marginal ridge of the first premolar

2. in the lingual embrasure between max canine adn first premolar

3. with the lingual surface of the max first premolar

4. in the lingual embrasure between the max premolars

5. with no maxillary tooth

Now in my mind the answer should be 2....so either i'm going crazy(whihc is very possible at this stage :scared: ) or there is a misprint in the ada book..cuz the answer they have given is 5. So is this one of those cusps, that doesn't follow the rules like the others??!? man i hate those type of situaitons....Anyways guys hows the prep going, i'm still a 5 weeks away from my date and i already feel burnt out..i just hate having to wake up in the morining and know that all i'm gonna be doing all day is stiting infront on these flash cards and old exams....I should get a 99 score for effort!!!!
Peace out, take care people and help me out if possible

Hai khurram,

The answer they have given is right.The mandi First premolar lingual cusp does not occlude with no other tooth.It's unique in that as the lingual cusp is very small and resembles a cingulum.Also the buccal cusp is the only functional cusp in mandi first premolar,lingual cusp is non -functional.
Hope it helps...
If i'm wrong ,correct me... :D

I've a few doubts of my own...Wd really appreciate the help.

In max first molar,i thought ML,MB,DB n then DL was the order from bigger to smaller.But in wheeler's it's given ML,MB,DL n DB...Which is rt??? :confused: :confused:

Caries susceptibility is positively correlated with which of the following areas of teeth?

a)cervical thirds
b)summit of cusps
c)crests of contour
d)pits n fissures
e)proximal surfaces

The immediate side shift (bennett movement) influences the
a)mesiodistal position of cusps
b)faciolingual position of cusps
c)position of central fossa
d)depth of distal fossa.
ANS is b)...how??? :confused:

Awaiting all u'r input...plzz help.. :(

Regards
gorur

In max first molar,i thought ML,MB,DB n then DL was the order from bigger to smaller.But in wheeler's it's given ML,MB,DL n DB...Which is rt??? :confused: :confused:

I would stick with wheelers so i think it would be ML MB Dl and DB

Caries susceptibility is positively correlated with which of the following areas of teeth?

a)cervical thirds
b)summit of cusps
c)crests of contour
d)pits n fissures
e)proximal surfaces

Gorur u r right about the first premolar question. the answer to this question would be D correct me if i am wrong.

The immediate side shift (bennett movement) influences the
a)mesiodistal position of cusps
b)faciolingual position of cusps
c)position of central fossa
d)depth of distal fossa.
ANS is b)...how???

Cuz it is a side shift that y the answer is b if it was the forward shift the answer would A

Hai bond,

i'm sorry about the third question(side shift) ,the answer they've given is a) i.e mesiolingual position..so i was confused.....Even i thought it has to b faciolingual position... :smuggrin:

The answer to second question is a,d,e.Do u think that's rt??? :confused:

Thanks bond...really appreciate it..PLzzz do lemme know wat u think of these answers.

Regards
gorur

how do u differentiate between lateral non working side movement and lateral protrusive movement???? :confused:

i saw a question in some paper and i got this answer wrong. i shall post it here later.

lasjy

a)cervical thirds
b)summit of cusps
c)crests of contour
d)pits n fissures
e)proximal surfaces

Yes the anwer could be a,d,e if it was only one of them then i think it would be pit and fissure.

i'm sorry about the third question(side shift) ,the answer they've given is a) i.e mesiolingual position..so i was confused.....Even i thought it has to b faciolingual position... :smuggrin:
do u mean it is mesiodistal or mesiolingual, i thought it is side to side mov so it would be influnce by Faciolingual width of the cusp but If it is MD i have no idea y this is the right answer. I guess we should ask the people taking the kaplan course cuz they have explanation for all the past papers so anyone out there know the explanation please let us know :( :(

Lasjy if it is given on the diagram u diffrenciate by arrows so do post the question and we all will try to answer it. if we knew it :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

BOND

guys do u know how to merge the threads cuz there is another thread with DA question which i started and i want to merge two of these threads so we can discuss dental question at one place

BOND

gorur said:
Hai bond,
hey gorur,
I guess u meant...'mesiodistal'...well this is actually given straight forward in the decks,but nothing much is explained.gorur could u plz tell me that Qs is from which year paper...?
gorur do u remember during our 3rd n 4th years at some point we were taught in our prostho class.....that right/left lateral movement n Bennett movement are 2 different movements...!!n at that point of time as our knowledge in mand movements n occlusion concept was zilch.....nobody raised doubts :smuggrin: :oops: .Hope I din't confuse u guys further...well looks like we oughta memorize so many things :idea: .....well perhaps as there was not much emphasis given on these topics back in the college in our home country.....it's taking some time to comprehend these new concepts :(
ok pals.....keep studying...... :luck:

wiztooth said:
hey gorur,
I guess u meant...'mesiodistal'...well this is actually given straight forward in the decks,but nothing much is explained.gorur could u plz tell me that Qs is from which year paper...?
gorur do u remember during our 3rd n 4th years at some point we were taught in our prostho class.....that right/left lateral movement n Bennett movement are 2 different movements...!!n at that point of time as our knowledge in mand movements n occlusion concept was zilch.....nobody raised doubts :smuggrin: :oops: .Hope I din't confuse u guys further...well looks like we oughta memorize so many things :idea: .....well perhaps as there was not much emphasis given on these topics back in the college in our home country.....it's taking some time to comprehend these new concepts :(
ok pals.....keep studying...... :luck:

Hai wiztooth!
Thanks for correcting me.Second time i'm doin this mistake..me n my clumsiness...dunno wat i'll be thinking when typing. :D .I can't remember an answer properly that i've seen to type just 3 sec later..n u xpect me to remember 3rd n 4th year... :eek: :rolleyes:
Do lemme know if u get to know the xplanation..I was just hoping somebody will say the answer given is wrong.. :D But seems like i was wrong.
BTW the question was frm 84 paper.
Well wiztooth how'z it goin?Gota memorize so many stuff...hmm.
Goodluck
gorur :luck:

Hey gorur,

I"m positive about the answer on your caries question...A, D, E are correct without a doubt...but i 'm totally lost on teh side movement question..i rememeber mesiodistal being given in the decks as well but have no idea why it's just one of those things your gonna have to remember and not understand (like so many other things i have done!!!).

About the cusp size question...i was pretty sure taht dL was the smallest cusp but Wheelers have given it differently your saying so now i'm confused...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi
I also thought that the dl cusp was the smallest... :confused: :confused:
I have some more questions that I need explanations for....
Anyone who would be so kind as to reply to this query....,I would be very grateful....
1} The mesial contact area of a maxillary permanent lateral incisor is usually located:

a. on the incisal third of the crown

b. at the junction of the middle and incisal thirds of the crown

c. at the junction of the middle and cervical thirds of the crown

d. at the middle of the middle third

The answer given is b but I thought it is a :confused: :confused:

next question;
. A small enamel projection located in the cingulum area of maxillary or mandibular anterior permanent teeth is called:

a. an enamel pearl

b. a talon cusp

c. a supernumerary tooth

d. a marginal ridge

I thought the answer is enamel pearl but apparently it is talon cusp???? :confused:

I would really appreciate if anyone could explain or correct the above answers.....
thanks in advance...
Treasure.........

treasure said:
Hi
I also thought that the dl cusp was the smallest... :confused: :confused:
I have some more questions that I need explanations for....
Anyone who would be so kind as to reply to this query....,I would be very grateful....
1} The mesial contact area of a maxillary permanent lateral incisor is usually located:

a. on the incisal third of the crown

b. at the junction of the middle and incisal thirds of the crown

c. at the junction of the middle and cervical thirds of the crown

d. at the middle of the middle third

The answer given is b but I thought it is a :confused: :confused:

next question;
. A small enamel projection located in the cingulum area of maxillary or mandibular anterior permanent teeth is called:

a. an enamel pearl

b. a talon cusp

c. a supernumerary tooth

d. a marginal ridge

I thought the answer is enamel pearl but apparently it is talon cusp???? :confused:

I would really appreciate if anyone could explain or correct the above answers.....
thanks in advance...
Treasure.........
Hi Treasure,
For the 1st qs....as far as i know ans (b) is only correct.Can u plz mention the year of the reprint...?
Next Qs......Talon's cusp is the right ans.
Enamel pearl is usually found near the bi/trifurcation of roots(i.e in the molars) or in the root near CEJ.
Talon's cusp...resembles eagle's talon n it projects lingually from cingulum areas of perm max/mand incisors.Hope this helps :)
Hi Bond
ya...it would be nice to merge the 2 threads...n i guess only moderator can do that...we better ask/send PM to Henna to merge these threads.
hey gorur,
it's ok buddy.....we just get confused sometimes with all this studying :) but hope we can remember all the stuff during the exam :luck:

tnahku for answering those queries wiztooth....
Appreciate your help...
It has beena while for me since I have been in school so I guess I am rusty!!!! :oops:
Treasure

gorur said:
Hai everybody,

Had some doubts...would appreciate if anyone helps me sort out this...

1) A1 yr old child is expected to have erupted which of the following primary maxillary n mndibular teeth?

a)incisors n canines
b)incisors n first molars
c)central incisors n canines
d)mand central n lateral incisors n maxillary central incisors

Well i thought the answer wd be d as max first molars don't erupt until 14 mos but they have given the answer as b :confused:

2)Arrange the three furcations of a max first molar from closest to farthest from cervical line?

a)facial 1)a,b,c 4)b,c,a
b)mesial 2)a,c,b 5)c,b,a
c)distal 3)b,a,c

PLzzz help me ...n do xplain how also..i don't seem to understand the question very well :D
Thanks n regards
gorur
hi the answer to furcation is
mesial 3 mm
buccal 4 mm
distal 5mm..respectively from cervical line
hope this helps

Thanks meetlife.. :) :clap: :clap:
How'z studies goin on ?It;s true noone's is around anymore n very few posts too.
Well then good luck, take care
gorur