DACA Hopes

Started by July72
Tags Tags
daca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

July72

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy, I have dreams going to medical school but as the title suggests, I am in fact an undocumented alien. Now, after some research upon the topic, I have discovered that the only medical school in Texas that accepts international students, which is what I would be classified under, is Baylor and they only accept 1-2 students per year. I have also found out about Stritch School of Medicine which openly accepts us DACA students but has an acceptance rate of 3.7% for the year of 2015. Nevertheless, against the odds, I still want to be a physician but I don't even know how I'm going to attain the funds necessary for my undergrad degree at A&M. I have also heard that physicians need to be U.S. citizens in order to be able to work for a hospital and DACA doesn't allow you to do so because I only have a renewable work permit. I just don't know if my chances of getting into, matriculating to, completing medical school, and getting licensed are even realistic at this point. Any advice, comments, and/or guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Hi everyone, current DACA applicant, one acceptance, 4 interviews this cycle. Feel free to PM me for any questions!