DACA Hopes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

July72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I have dreams going to medical school but as the title suggests, I am in fact an undocumented alien. Now, after some research upon the topic, I have discovered that the only medical school in Texas that accepts international students, which is what I would be classified under, is Baylor and they only accept 1-2 students per year. I have also found out about Stritch School of Medicine which openly accepts us DACA students but has an acceptance rate of 3.7% for the year of 2015. Nevertheless, against the odds, I still want to be a physician but I don't even know how I'm going to attain the funds necessary for my undergrad degree at A&M. I have also heard that physicians need to be U.S. citizens in order to be able to work for a hospital and DACA doesn't allow you to do so because I only have a renewable work permit. I just don't know if my chances of getting into, matriculating to, completing medical school, and getting licensed are even realistic at this point. Any advice, comments, and/or guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, current DACA applicant, one acceptance, 4 interviews this cycle. Feel free to PM me for any questions!