Dare you to reply!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Feel free to have those in your private life or in appropriately placed politics. How courageous and brave is it to wear a BLM teeshirt in a Proud Boys rally? Your personal beliefs should be housed in some sense of situational and societal context or I think you're like that guy in those Zombie movies who thinks running around yelling is his god given right. Enjoy the consequences of your right.

And OTN, based on the courage of your beliefs and the bravery of conviction, meet with your hospital admins and declare that you are done with Woke Religion, and done with all associated training. Then come back and report on the consequences of your bravery.

I have never participated in Critical Race Theory Training and do not intend to do so.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. We do not practice ideological indoctrination.
It should be realized that having these programs is the radical idea, not the other way around. These programs are unvalidated, divisive, and serve no purpose other than serving the career interests of charlatans.

Reactions: 4 users
Your faith has yet to be tested. Surprising. Wonder how long that will last.

I_Find_Your_Lack_of_Faith_Disturbing_banner.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Your faith has yet to be tested. Surprising. Wonder how long that will last.
Knowing our practice, just about forever. Thankfully.
Anyone see a correlation with the fall-off in religiousness amongst people with the rise in things like systemic racism etc etc. There is a core part of human nature to submit to a higher power and believe in things outside ourselves which are greater...

Climate change = spoliation of Eden/paradise
Systemic racism = original sin
All white people are racist and just don't know it = "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of god"

And there you have it: religiosity without having to mess with all that distasteful God stuff. Of course there is racism. Of course there is climate change. But I don't need to be indoctrinated. OR DO I.

Anyone see a correlation with the fall-off in religiousness amongst people with the rise in things like systemic racism etc etc. There is a core part of human nature to submit to a higher power and believe in things outside ourselves which are greater...

All white people are racist and just don't know it = "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of god"

And there you have it: religiosity without having to mess with all that distasteful God stuff. Of course there is racism. Of course there is climate change. But I don't need to be indoctrinated. OR DO I.

Would be a shame if I didn't use the opportunity to advertise for one of the greatest American intellectuals we currently have:

Reactions: 1 user

Would be a shame if I didn't use the opportunity to advertise for one of the greatest American intellectuals we currently have:

Fixed the link: Woke Racism by John McWhorter: 9780593423066 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books

McWhorter is the bomb.

And to @TheWallnerus

All white people are racist and just don't know it = Original sin and the noetic effects of sin (Ya'll doctors look it up lol)

Add me to the McWhorter camp. I could watch/listen to him and Glenn Loury all day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your place of work doesn't require microaggression training, or unconscious bias training?
All I could think was, "Man, I feel bad for this person that their world is so small and homogenous."

Now, they're gone. Likely back into a tiny echo chamber.

FWIW, I disagree with much if not most of what is said in this thread, but the perspective is always interesting and worthwhile.

Kendi Lecture Being Live Tweeted. No surprises. Systemic racism everywhere. White People's fault. Blah blah. ASTRO needs more CHEDI. Nothing in between racist and anti-racist.

Of course who gets to deem someone "anti-racist"? Crickets

Excellent counter to Dr. Kendi here by another black intellectual (w/ time stamp):

Kendi's own words here referred to in Coleman Hughes video: Idea: Pass an Anti-Racist Constitutional Amendment

"To fix the original sin of racism, Americans should pass an anti-racist amendment to the U.S. Constitution that enshrines two guiding anti-racist principals: Racial inequity is evidence of racist policy and the different racial groups are equals. The amendment would make unconstitutional racial inequity over a certain threshold, as well as racist ideas by public officials (with “racist ideas” and “public official” clearly defined). It would establish and permanently fund the Department of Anti-racism (DOA) comprised of formally trained experts on racism and no political appointees."

This is extremely Orwellian and frightening.

Made it to the Navy's reading list

• Haha
ACGME places Tulane on probation for racism, diversity dearth

Who will be the first oncologist to get "Rachel Nicholed"?

Don't forget Esther Choo with her Wokeness was the first to go. Rah Rah #METOO , but when a white girl who was sexually assaulted by a black man, she didn't care. She was not an oncologist so I digress...

Who will be the first oncologist to get "Rachel Nicholed"?

Don't forget Esther Choo with her Wokeness was the first to go. Rah Rah #METOO , but when a white girl who was sexually assaulted by a black man, she didn't care. She was not an oncologist so I digress...

Sigh. I'm out of the country right now and it's been so incredibly nice to get away from the American news cycle of stupid devolving into extra stupid. To the point I'm thinking about babies and stuff now. I have no idea what's going on here and who these people are. And I'm so glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Obama hugged Derrick Bell in 2012, the right wing was frothing at the mouth regarding CRT. Then they got a black guy as president so that was enough of a folly so CRT specter avatar voodo doll went away plus all the nonsense controversies like solyndra, fast and furious, Reggie Love, BENGHAZI, tan suit gate, umbrella gate, coffee salute gate, you name it they went nutz. Now you get this boring yet competent and focused supposedly “demented” you know the thing old white guy so the specter of CRT is back. It is here to ruin you folks! Keep your tin foil hats on! What a weird thing American politics is. I would love for democrats to have a coherent ideas thoughtful opposition party, instead you have this weird frankenstein of like social conservatives, grifters, conmen, weird grievances without a political solution, basically whatever regarding any semblance of policy economically and governmentally.

Can't believe you submitted to wearing a mask that long :cool: NOTHIN BUT LOVE

Hah, I've been travelling the whole time, just not as much as usual. In general, international flights are much more relaxed, even on American carriers now (although I have not flown to Asia -- those flights are still queuing with passengers in Wuhan level 4 bunny suits so I imagine they are quite different). They turn off the lights, you can lay down and pull your mask down and breathe the lovely filtered and recirculated plane air and pass out and nobody will usually say anything. It's interesting to see different country rules, which are literally all over the map and at various stages of nonsensically chaotic and partial compliance. I got thrown out of a grocery store here, which is the only place masks seem to be required at all (by a large dude screaming "maska" while wearing what I can only describe as a clear plastic chinguard protruding 3 inches from his mouth), but the locals were permitted to do whatever they wanted in the store. I guess they don't trust my immunity and stuff (nobody gets the vaccine here, locals were trying to explain to me it makes metal sticks to you and were showing me youtube videos).

When Obama hugged Derrick Bell in 2012, the right wing was frothing at the mouth regarding CRT. Then they got a black guy as president so that was enough of a folly so CRT specter avatar voodo doll went away plus all the nonsense controversies like solyndra, fast and furious, Reggie Love, BENGHAZI, tan suit gate, umbrella gate, coffee salute gate, you name it they went nutz. Now you get this boring yet competent and focused supposedly “demented” you know the thing old white guy so the specter of CRT is back. It is here to ruin you folks! Keep your tin foil hats on! What a weird thing American politics is. I would love for democrats to have a coherent ideas thoughtful opposition party, instead you have this weird frankenstein of like social conservatives, grifters, conmen, weird grievances without a political solution, basically whatever regarding any semblance of policy economically and governmentally.
Dems have this idea that including everyone’s ideas and values “equally” is better than acting on anything that might be perceived as partial, non-inconclusive or offensive to anyone. Although, I think this is the hypothetical way to go in life, it just doesn’t work in politics.

The GOP has an agenda that only serves a small part of the population (wealthy old white guys). Then, there are the Trumpies who are obviously less concerned about coming across “offensive” just as long as they get what they want (fascism?).

Until the Dems start making bolder moves and stop caring about “inclusion or offending” anyone under the sun, nothing will substantially get done in 2-4 yrs. If it was me, I would focus on changing the voting laws that are making it harder for minorities to vote, expand the Supreme Court justices, get rid of gerrymandering and the electoral college. These are the things that establishes power and control. All the social justice movements and attention delays the fact that at the end of the day, 40% of the population can control the country.

Last edited:
  • Love
Dems have this idea that including everyone’s ideas and values “equally” is better than acting on anything that might be perceived as partial, non-inconclusive or offensive to anyone. Although, I think this is the hypothetical way to go in life, it just doesn’t work in politics.

The GOP has an agenda that only serves a small part of the population (wealthy old white guys). Then, there are the Trumpies who are obviously less concerned about coming across “offensive” just as long as they get what they want (fascism?).

Until the Dems start making bolder moves and stop caring about “inclusion or offending” anyone under the sun, nothing will substantially get done in 2-4 yrs. If it was me, I would focus on changing the voting laws that are making it harder for minorities to vote, expand the Supreme Court justices, get rid of gerrymandering and the electoral college. These are the things that establishes power and control. All the social justice movements and attention delays the fact that at the end of the day, 40% of the population can control the country.

I think what is interesting from all this is what Peter Boghossian notes is the Great Realignment due to Culture War 2.0:

"As a point of contact, I am a non-intersectional, liberal atheist. If a conservative Christian believes Jesus walked on water—and believes this either is or is not true for everyone regardless of race or gender—and if she values discourse and adheres to basic rules of engagement, then she is closer to my worldview than an atheist who believes race and gender play a role in determining objective truth and that her opponents should not be allowed to air what she considers harmful views.

Many conservative Christians understand this intuitively. So do many liberal atheists. And that’s what makes this Great Realignment of Culture War 2.0 so bizarre. It’s no longer liberals and atheists versus conservatives and Christians. It’s some atheists aligning with some Christians and other atheists aligning with other Christians. And each, in turn, believes that what’s at stake is no less than the future of Western Civilization. How this will play out depends on who wins Culture War 2.0."

Point being it is very interesting how, in my own life, many of these woke issues have caused a closer realignment politically between me and my liberal friends. It is strange times, but I do enjoy the peace (hopefully it won't be temporary) between me and my friends who used to have heated battles (think all the traditional value questions, healthcare, taxes, etc.) now agree to disagree and see wokeness as something we can both fight together.

I am trying very hard to not "own the libs" (looking at you @RadOncDoc21 lol) because we'll have to work together to beat this thing down.

I think what is interesting from all this is what Peter Boghossian notes is the Great Realignment due to Culture War 2.0:

"As a point of contact, I am a non-intersectional, liberal atheist. If a conservative Christian believes Jesus walked on water—and believes this either is or is not true for everyone regardless of race or gender—and if she values discourse and adheres to basic rules of engagement, then she is closer to my worldview than an atheist who believes race and gender play a role in determining objective truth and that her opponents should not be allowed to air what she considers harmful views.

Many conservative Christians understand this intuitively. So do many liberal atheists. And that’s what makes this Great Realignment of Culture War 2.0 so bizarre. It’s no longer liberals and atheists versus conservatives and Christians. It’s some atheists aligning with some Christians and other atheists aligning with other Christians. And each, in turn, believes that what’s at stake is no less than the future of Western Civilization. How this will play out depends on who wins Culture War 2.0."

Point being it is very interesting how, in my own life, many of these woke issues have caused a closer realignment politically between me and my liberal friends. It is strange times, but I do enjoy the peace (hopefully it won't be temporary) between me and my friends who used to have heated battles (think all the traditional value questions, healthcare, taxes, etc.) now agree to disagree and see wokeness as something we can both fight together.

I am trying very hard to not "own the libs" (looking at you @RadOncDoc21 lol) because we'll have to work together to beat this thing down.
I see it much more as the truth vs anti truth movement. Never thought things like vaccines, public health etc could be politicized until they actually were

Be careful. You are obviously very far to the left. While it would be nice grant the federal government the types of unilateral authority to make one party rule much more difficult to challenge, in the present this would support an agenda you are advocating for -- remember that the people you support are presently in charge. Imagine what it would be like if the other side were in charge and using that unilateral authority against you. I'd suggest brushing up on the federalist papers and the constitution and understand how incredibly powerful checks and balances are and what makes this republic special and different from every other country in the world. You are basically advocating for greatly loosening these checks and balances (abolish electoral college, federalize elections, pack the court, redistrict (both sides gerrymander by the way), etc. This could come back and bite the far left in the a-word.

I see it much more as the truth vs anti truth movement. Never thought things like vaccines, public health etc could be politicized until they actually were

Is frustrating how the extremes on both sides are convinced that the other is entirely at fault. The far left and the far right have both made total a-words out of themselves on the covid situation. Most americans are not on the fringes like the news personalities are, and are fed up with the b.s. coming at them from both directions.

I was thinking on my 10 hour flight home, as I watched a flight attendant on a power trip attempt to get a foreign non-english speaking 3 year old to wear a mask while people all around him stuffed their face with nasty airplane food and cheap wine, that I'm just along for the ride. I can state my opinions, but I don't expect to change anyone's minds. Especially those that are drunk off the hyperpartisan kool-aid and have willfully suspended disbelief to pledge allegiance to idiocy, whether that idiocy be coronavirus fearmongering or election conspiracies. All of it are attempts at power grabs appealing to idiots on both sides.

I would love to continue to discuss here and talk about issues with platforms like #WWC, but it's just not going to be productive. Nobody wants to hear it, and when people hear things they don't like, they just naturally resort to smearing instead of honest debate these days.

• Dislike
  • Haha
Be careful. You are obviously very far to the left. While it would be nice grant the federal government the types of unilateral authority to make one party rule much more difficult to challenge, in the present this would support an agenda you are advocating for -- .

Is frustrating how the extremes on both sides are convinced that the other is entirely at fault.
Ok KHE.

Still won't take the blame for the last few years? Easier scapegoat with the "blame both sides" bit... How original. Many of us voted R before 45 btw, but i guess that makes us the "far left" now huh? Lots of "leftists" on az and ga, i bet. Pretty sure only one side politicized the CDC, WHO and fauci and took their vaccines in private away from the public eye to keep it from their supporters.

these days, One side seems pretty unified when it comes to accepting the facts of Jan 6th, the election, covid, vaccines etc, while the other splinters more daily. Speaks volumes against blaming both sides here.

Getting back to the EC, yes it essentially has allowed a Wyoming vote to count more than a new York vote. On top of that, you have shenanigans from people like Moscow Mitch that have removed trust from the system. GOP absolutely wants to do anything possible to suppress the vote and in a moment of truth, 45 was very candid about why . @RadOncDoc21 is on point here

Last edited:
  • Love
Be careful. You are obviously very far to the left. While it would be nice grant the federal government the types of unilateral authority to make one party rule much more difficult to challenge, in the present this would support an agenda you are advocating for -- remember that the people you support are presently in charge. Imagine what it would be like if the other side were in charge and using that unilateral authority against you. I'd suggest brushing up on the federalist papers and the constitution and understand how incredibly powerful checks and balances are and what makes this republic special and different from every other country in the world. You are basically advocating for greatly loosening these checks and balances (abolish electoral college, federalize elections, pack the court, redistrict (both sides gerrymander by the way), etc. This could come back and bite the far left in the a-word.

Is frustrating how the extremes on both sides are convinced that the other is entirely at fault. The far left and the far right have both made total a-words out of themselves on the covid situation. Most americans are not on the fringes like the news personalities are, and are fed up with the b.s. coming at them from both directions.

I was thinking on my 10 hour flight home, as I watched a flight attendant on a power trip attempt to get a foreign non-english speaking 3 year old to wear a mask while people all around him stuffed their face with nasty airplane food and cheap wine, that I'm just along for the ride. I can state my opinions, but I don't expect to change anyone's minds. Especially those that are drunk off the hyperpartisan kool-aid and have willfully suspended disbelief to pledge allegiance to idiocy, whether that idiocy be coronavirus fearmongering or election conspiracies. All of it are attempts at power grabs appealing to idiots on both sides.

I would love to continue to discuss here and talk about issues with platforms like #WWC, but it's just not going to be productive. Nobody wants to hear it, and when people hear things they don't like, they just naturally resort to smearing instead of honest debate these days.
Can I just point out that one party literally tried to overturn democracy? The same party made the claim a SC Justice couldn’t be voted in during an election year, yet voted one in less then one month before the election.

Actions speak louder then words and one’s actions have spoken louder then the other’s. Just be happy you guys got a lot done (in a negative way). Now it’s time to hopefully fix all of the problems you’ve created!

Last edited:
Can I just point out that one party literally tried to overturn democracy? The same party made the claim a SC Justice couldn’t be voted in during an election year, yet voted one in less then one month before the election.

Actions speak louder then words and one’s actions have spoken louder then the other’s. Just be happy you guys got a lot done (in a negative way). Now it’s time to hopefully fix all of the problems you’ve created!
Biden said as much previously...the "Biden rule" google it

Saw this the other day. What stood out to me was that the guy rented a Porsche suv on the hospitals dime. Sounds like a red flag
fwiw, it apparently wasn't a rental:

"He said he was disappointed that there was no attempt by Memorial Hermann to communicate its concerns before rescinding the offer. If there had been a conversation, he said they would have learned, for one, that the Porsche SUV the real estate agent acknowledged and the company cited as a reason to rescind the offer was Hill’s car — not a rental. Additionally, “any comment or question I presented was done in good faith, with the best intentions for Memorial Hermann,” Hill said."

He did apparently drone on about the fact that the real estate committed at least one microaggression by saying: "nice rental car."

• Haha